Home

MLB The Show 16 Has Officially Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16 Has Officially Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-29-2016, 06:23 PM   #73
MVP

OVR: 46
Re: MLB The Show 16 Has Officially Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

Couple thoughts following the install demo [while it imports my 200 plus SOTS tracks} :

- it looks like they got rid of the button prompt to bring up the previous pitch info on the bottom left. Now its either on or off. I dont like that. I dislike clutter. i liked being able to push r3 or whatever it used to be on ps3

- noticed some stuttered framerate while pitching. Noticed it watching the pulse pitching circle.

-sometimes the game has issues with the usb stick for sounds of the show. sometimes it said cant recognize it. sometimes it does. Thats while its still in the slot.

+ i like the smaller fonts and icon designs in game. classy.

not much to say other than that as i want to give my visual and gameplay thoughts during broadcast style presentation with all my settings.
Old 03-29-2016, 06:23 PM   #74
Pro

IHateDuke32's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickDalewood
Dynamic for both.
I switched both to that option and I'm currently trying them out in a night game at Busch. The stutter isn't too bad. I'm just going to keep trying out a bunch of different parks to see if it's as bad as it was at Wrigley.
Old 03-29-2016, 06:23 PM   #75
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denzel Washington
Game looks much better but why is there so much lag online? It wasn't this bad in 15. Honestly feels like the online took a step back

Please tell me this isn't true. As someone who played probably 400+ online games this would ruin the game for me as 15 played so well online. I literally will go back to 15 if this clunky mess online.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2016, 06:33 PM   #76
Pro

ajblithe20's Arena

I've been very vocal already about the frame rate issues. But besides that....

The new hitting and pitching animations look very very fluid, as do the defensive animations. Animations got a big upgrade.

I also love the new equipment they added in, makes the game that much more immersive.

Last thing for this post... I love the way hitting feels so far. I've been using the PCI and I think it really got overhauled this year. The vast majority of the time I make contact, the ball goes where I expect it to go.
Old 03-29-2016, 06:34 PM   #77
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
Hit L on the D-pad
Thank you!
Old 03-29-2016, 06:39 PM   #78
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Some quick observations (Not a lot of time with the game yet):

Pros:

- The game looks and plays great so far. I have had a couple of frame rate hiccups in specific spots (after check swings and transitioning between camera cuts chiefly), but nothing that has detracted from my experience.

- The improved presentation is noticeable and has breathed new life into individual games.

- Fielding seems more responsive in terms of dives/jumps. I actually feel like I can field the corners with good players now

- Contact off the bat sounds and feels particularly solid this year. Seems to be better weight or friction on grounders and hops as well.

Cons:

(I've spent more time digging into rosters and franchise to check some things out, so that's where my focus is here)

-Can't seem to see a players uniform number unless you go to edit him. IMO, that's a fairly significant interface oversight unless I'm missing it somewhere.

-It appears the option to switch between instant and delayed trades is gone. No delayed trades mean that the ability to essentially play "commissioner" for trades is gone.

-Team stats are only available via the league rankings now. You can't just view your team's totals on the player stat screen anymore.

None of those are particularly major (though the first two are real bummers for me personally), but they do detract a bit from the improvements made. Not sure if such things can be patched or not (hopefully so), but they should definitely be addressed when possible.

EDIT: Oh, and I only got silver rewards when starting up, not gold, which is supposedly what we're supposed to get as returning players. Not a huge deal as I don't spend much time with that stuff, but I figured I'd mention it as it happened last year also and appears to have happened to others as well.

Last edited by SoxFan01605; 03-29-2016 at 06:44 PM.
Old 03-29-2016, 06:41 PM   #79
Rookie

OVR: 0

my carry over franchise(1styr) does nit have any umpire introductions or any talk of whos working behind the plate. 12 games in.
Old 03-29-2016, 06:51 PM   #80
#realtalk

dalger21's Arena

OVR: 7

One thing I dislike is that they brought back something they did in'09..that is after the first AB, you don't see the avg, hr and Rbi under what the player has done in the game

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »