Home

MLB The Show 16 Has Officially Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16 Has Officially Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-29-2016, 07:52 PM   #97
Pro

Stolm's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 16 Has Officially Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

I'm really enjoying Fish Eye a lot more than I thought I would.

Game seems to be more jaggier then last year. Not sure if anything has changed with AA implementation or not.
Old 03-29-2016, 07:57 PM   #98
Banned

Peter_OS's Arena

OVR: 20

Guys I ordered the MVP edition but I'm not seeing, or able to redeem and open up my stubs and packs offered with the digital version of the game.

I followed the instructions below:

Quote:
Digital Deluxe and MVP Edition Info
For those who purchased the MVP or Digital Deluxe editions, redeem and open your stubs and packs by heading to: “My Locker” > “Show Shop” > “Purchase or Redeem” to redeem your items and add them to your inventory.
Reminder: if you have multiples of an item to redeem (i.e. 3 Opening Day Packs) you will need to redeem it 3 times. Then head to ‘My Locker’ > ‘Inventory’ > ‘Open Packs’ to open and reveal your item.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/...ay-on-ps4-ps3/

Anyone else having the same problem?

Last edited by Peter_OS; 03-29-2016 at 08:00 PM.
Old 03-29-2016, 08:00 PM   #99
Rookie

i don't like the changes they made to base running in RTTS. I'm a pitcher but boosted my hitting stats and speed is 90. when i get a single it goes to the count of the next action instead of seeing the entire at bat. how am i going to steal bases when the guys count is not in my favor
Old 03-29-2016, 08:02 PM   #100
Rookie

Re: MLB The Show 16 Available, Post Your Impressions Here

im a pitcher so i cannot see these options, i want to see the entire at bat not just the next action
Old 03-29-2016, 08:03 PM   #101
Just started!

hockeyfan297187's Arena

Not gonna lie, I am still bummed that they haven't got Progressive Field correct. How hard is it to place the tarp down the line?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2016, 08:05 PM   #102
#realtalk

dalger21's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_OS
Guys I ordered the MVP edition but I'm not seeing, or able to redeem and open up my stubs and packs offered with the digital version of the game.

I followed the instructions below:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/...ay-on-ps4-ps3/

Anyone else having the same problem?
Update 3 - 3/28/15 11:33pm pst: We have made some changes that allow users to redeem Pack entitlements:
Go to theshownation.com
Click the Stubs icon in the top right of the website, next to your username
Press the blue button that says Redeem
Now, back in MLB The Show 16, go into your inventory, and everything you have redeemed should be in your "open packs" menu.
Old 03-29-2016, 08:09 PM   #103
Rookie

Just a few things that are really irking me from total enjoyment, thus far, with the game. Most of these are aesthetics.

- The fielding cameras are awful, to me. They are so zoomed out that I cannot see what is going on while playing on my 70inch screen. Wish we had a custom fielding camera, or at least one that was way lower and tighter on where the action was.

- Thought I would like the round meter for attributes, but I do not. It is very hard to read for pitchers and players in the menus. I do like it on the base paths, however. Please give us the option to use the line/bar meters or the round ones.

- As others have mentioned, the font size is a bit small in some areas.

- I really dislike the player attributes circular graphs for the player ratings. Just give me numbers, please. Or a choice.

- There is still no option to display batter information on the screen while playing. I would like to know who is at bat, what they have done in the current game, and what their main stat lines are for the season, all while the pitcher versus batter interface is occurring. Likewise for the pitcher information. Give us the option to display or hide all of that, please. I really dislike hitting any buttons to retrieve information that should be available to me at a moment's notice, because to me there is no difference between hitting a button on the d-pad or hitting the start/options button.

- The Menus seem a tad clunky and cumbersome on the very front-end. I have no interest in Diamond Dynasty or any of that stuff, I would like to bury it somewhere and never think about it again. Even trying to adjust the settings is a bit wonky, with stuff sort of being hidden or buried.

- Was really hoping for some new animations for certain instances. Feels like we have had the same game ending sequence for a long time (to name a specific) and it is very stale. No need to remove things, but please add to them in the future.

These are the negatives that jumped out at me just in exhibition games, thus far. There is still so much good in the game and most of what I would point out has already been noted by others in this thread, or in others. Thank you for all of the hard work, SCEA! I hope that some of these issues could be addressed moving forward. I am not sure if cameras can be patched, but if there was one thing that I would like to see changed, for my own benefit, it would be having more fielding cameras (especially the lower, tighter shot of where the action is while the ball is in play).
Old 03-29-2016, 08:14 PM   #104
*p*r*t**n Sp*rts J*nk**

snaz16's Arena

OVR: 5

Just a quick observation, Robinson Cano and Nelson Cruz's stats from last year are flip flopped.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »