Home

Stuttering during gameplay?

This is a discussion on Stuttering during gameplay? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2016, 06:26 PM   #57
Pro

ajblithe20's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Stuttering during gameplay?

I just don't understand why they'd be fine with lowering the framerate that much. The graphics are improved, but even if they were flawless the framerate makes everything look worse because the game is constantly in motion.
Old 03-29-2016, 06:29 PM   #58
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Playing at Wrigley again now, and at least at the plate, I'm not as bothered by the framerate as I was last night. It's still down around 30, without a doubt - I can tell by being able to see the pitching meter skip frames on the way back to the accuracy point and by seeing individual frames of the ball coming in - but I think my eyes are adjusting to it already. This is what I meant when I said I don't let things like this ruin games for me - as long as gameplay is above 30 it's still plenty playable for me. For others (particularly high-end PC users) it's not going to be that simple.

One place where it still seems jarring, even now, is in the infield when the fielding camera moves. I think it might be dropping slightly below 30 there, and that's why more people are noticing that particular instance.
Old 03-29-2016, 06:36 PM   #59
Rookie

Seancefc's Arena

OVR: 0

Day game, clear, at Fenway...no major issues during gameplay. 50% ish of cutscenes. ALL 'TVs swipes' laggy.

Looks like it's going to boil down to which ballpark you're in and what the conditions are. Citi Field was a nightmare at night so that pretty much rules out using them in season mode!
Old 03-29-2016, 06:38 PM   #60
OS Brew Connoisseur

Motown's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Playing at Wrigley again now, and at least at the plate, I'm not as bothered by the framerate as I was last night. It's still down around 30, without a doubt - I can tell by being able to see the pitching meter skip frames on the way back to the accuracy point and by seeing individual frames of the ball coming in - but I think my eyes are adjusting to it already. This is what I meant when I said I don't let things like this ruin games for me - as long as gameplay is above 30 it's still plenty playable for me. For others (particularly high-end PC users) it's not going to be that simple.

One place where it still seems jarring, even now, is in the infield when the fielding camera moves. I think it might be dropping slightly below 30 there, and that's why more people are noticing that particular instance.
Thanks for the heads up Cruise. I will notice the LEAST drop in framerate thanks to my OCD...I just can't stand it, nor can I adjust to it. sad but true. That's why I spent the majority of my time creating faces, instead of playing 15.

Last edited by Motown; 03-29-2016 at 06:40 PM.
Old 03-29-2016, 06:43 PM   #61
Rookie

Has anyone tried lowering the resolution in their ps4 settings to 720p? I'm not on my PS4 now because the wife is watching some stupid show or else I'd try myself.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2016, 06:44 PM   #62
Rookie

kaptainkarl76's Arena

OVR: 1

Work in progress right?
Old 03-29-2016, 06:47 PM   #63
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLiott
Has anyone tried lowering the resolution in their ps4 settings to 720p? I'm not on my PS4 now because the wife is watching some stupid show or else I'd try myself.
Hadn't thought about that - I'll try it in a bit. Back on the PS3 that did tend to alleviate these kinds of issues.
Old 03-29-2016, 06:52 PM   #64
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Hadn't thought about that - I'll try it in a bit. Back on the PS3 that did tend to alleviate these kinds of issues.
Worth a shot right? Seems like several people on this thread would prefer smooth gameplay over 1080p graphics.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »