Home

Learning your lesson - Go and PLAY!

This is a discussion on Learning your lesson - Go and PLAY! within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-29-2016, 07:58 PM   #33
Pro

OVR: 24
Re: Learning your lesson - Go and PLAY!

One of the most beautiful things about "carry over" is that we no longer have to "wait" for OSFM.

Let's be honest. In previous years we (OSFM users) all pretty much just sat around pushing random buttons and staring at the ceiling for the first month or so. It wasn't worth starting a franchise yet, so we just found random things to occupy our time, until OSFM came out.

Now, we no longer have to do that. I still want the newest OSFM roster, but I will import my save from last year and enjoy my playoff run while I wait. If OSFM doesn't come out until August, I am perfectly happy playing my previous save file until August.

It's a win-win

That was slightly ramble-y and off-topic I guess but I do have a point somewhere: Now, more than ever, there is absolutely no reason for you to not be having fun with The Show on day 1, hour 1 (install times notwithstanding). So I agree with OP. Go play! I already am.
Old 03-31-2016, 09:23 PM   #34
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Great thread last year and once again this year. After getting my top-level play figured out (it seems I can play HOF Zone/Meter pretty reliably on both hitting and pitching this year), I decided to scale it back and take out a bit of the user control with the analog swing, pitching, and fielding. I went into a test season (with a CPU-controlled fantasy draft) and just started playing. Here's the boxscores so far - things are looking really good right on default all-star, no slider changes:

If I'd have one gripe, walks earned might be a little low. But, small sample size (3 games) AND I'm actually right in the middle of the BB team rankings. Everything else....so good. I love that I'm able to strike out the CPU with some regularity and, as you can see, it certainly hasn't had any trouble K'ing me either.
Old 04-01-2016, 01:22 AM   #35
Pro

spitoon's Arena

OVR: 8

I think I learned this lesson many years ago with High Heat and MVP '05...I ended up spending more time modding that I did playing...Obviously I can't 'mod' a PS4 game but the constant fiddling with settings and sliders can be a huge time suck.

One of the things that I do to help me through this is that I rarely play a season with "my team" (Jays). I follow the Jays closely so I'm always too concerned with lineup changes, roster moves, and trades. I find that if I use a team I'm not as familiar with I don't get nearly as distracted with these things and it allows me to "just play".

Go Cubs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2016, 08:37 AM   #36
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

I admit I stopped my new fresh franchise that I had started, but that was so I could use my carry over. Now I'm moving and not looking back.

GO CARDS!

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 04-01-2016, 09:03 AM   #37
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

I have begun.

I set up my SOTS for my brand new Pirates 30 team franchise. What I am doing (great suggestion Phillisfan13!) is before I play a road series, I will set their sounds up prior to playing them. Then I do not get bogged down doing all of them at once and once it's done.....it's done for the rest of the season. I will then do the other teams I will not play at some point in case I decide to switch to them and play some other games around the league.

I drafted my Marlins fantasy team last night. Single team Chise using the 150 prospect roster in the vault (very solid roster folks).

I transferred my 1987 Yankees YR2, 2014 Yankees YR2 and 1996 Yankees season replay.

I transferred all my classic season files and named them properly (thank SCEA for giving us that ability finally!).

It's all about playing. Diamond Dynasty is going strong, Battle Royale...I have not even touched Conquest yet and can't wait to dive into that this weekend.

The game is amazing, the modes you have at your finger tips are second to none.

Opening day in the MLB is upon us too....life is good.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 04-01-2016, 12:36 PM   #38
Rookie

Elldarre's Arena

I started too. I got the release day SCEA roster, added the Orioles' minor-league players, and started. Things like sliders can always be changed while playing (and I've tweaked them a little already). I do a few spring training games to re-acclimate myself to the game and allow the final Opening Day roster to come out (I already moved Miguel Gonzalez, for instance). Baseball is back... mise well enjoy it as soon as we can!
Old 04-01-2019, 07:09 PM   #39
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

This deserves a bump. One of my favorite threads in this forum.

This is the year the lesson finally sinks in for me. I promise.
Old 04-01-2019, 08:00 PM   #40
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

PLAY BALL!!!!!!
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »