Home

MLB 17 Feature Wishes?

This is a discussion on MLB 17 Feature Wishes? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-05-2016, 11:20 AM   #81
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 17 Feature Wishes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Bec
(In no particular order of importance)
1.We need WAY more variety in the commentary. I play ALOT of offline franchise and get tired of hearing the same predictable stuff all year.

2. Charging the mound should be added. At least in cut scene form. Nothing even becomes of batters getting plunked. A little bench clearing here and there never hurt anyone... (Think MVP baseball) And, of course suspensions should ensue.

3. We should be able to choose the instance im which the mgr. comes out to challenge a play, not the cpu.

4. We should be able to bring our mgr. out argue calls with umps on occasion and have the possibility of him being ejected or not. And have those results give the team a positive or negative morale/temporary ratings boost. (This worked well in now classic MVP Baseball 05)

5. Relievers should get tired when you leave them in the bullpen warming up too long. I've totally forgotten an guy was warming up a couple times when the pitcher on the mound started performing better....for like 3 innings!!! I go look at the reliever, and he's still at full energy. Yeah right.... (This was also another great attention to detail feature in MVP baseball)

Just my 2 cent. Spend it wisely Sand Diego Studio...

Sent from my SM-T280 using Tapatalk
MLB will never allow them to have someone charge the mound, bench clearing or anything similar. For the same reason you'll never see any reference to PEDs. They won't allow any focus on negative aspects of the game these days.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2016, 06:08 PM   #82
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nulap
MLB will never allow them to have someone charge the mound, bench clearing or anything similar. For the same reason you'll never see any reference to PEDs. They won't allow any focus on negative aspects of the game these days.
I figured the absence of brawls was due to this but MLB should lighten up if this is the true reason. The rare fight in baseball is not a "black eye" or problem in the sport. Plus, they don't have to even show blows being thrown. They could show guys getting chest to chest, nose to nose, or have the catcher stopping a guy from going to the mound, etc. There are many non-graphic ways to show some level of confrontation..

Old 06-05-2016, 06:54 PM   #83
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

Quote:
I figured the absence of brawls was due to this but MLB should lighten up if this is the true reason. The rare fight in baseball is not a "black eye" or problem in the sport. Plus, they don't have to even show blows being thrown. They could show guys getting chest to chest, nose to nose, or have the catcher stopping a guy from going to the mound, etc. There are many non-graphic ways to show some level of confrontation.
Even if MLB told SCEA they could put in brawls, I doubt SCEA would add anything to lose the E for everyone rating. I do like the idea of an animation with a catcher holding back a batter and players getting nose to nose or up close & personal with other players & umps, & even mgrs. getting nose to nose with umps.
#44Syracuse
Old 06-05-2016, 07:20 PM   #84
MVP

zello144's Arena

I think the best way to include brawls is to show both benches clearing and then show a message saying that both players were ejected like MVP baseball did back in the day. I'd rather see managers arguing calls with the umps.

I do find it kinda weird that MLB says no fights in video games but their youtube channel has a list of the best fights in baseball...
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...zbPomWhrBwevhI

Last edited by zello144; 06-05-2016 at 07:25 PM.
Old 06-05-2016, 07:20 PM   #85
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
I figured the absence of brawls was due to this but MLB should lighten up if this is the true reason. The rare fight in baseball is not a "black eye" or problem in the sport. Plus, they don't have to even show blows being thrown. They could show guys getting chest to chest, nose to nose, or have the catcher stopping a guy from going to the mound, etc. There are many non-graphic ways to show some level of confrontation..

There is even a kinda/sorta scene like this when a pitcher throws behind a batter.

You see the batter getting agitated and barking at the catcher. They get into a bit and the HP ump has to keep them separated. You can tell the ump's like "calm down guys, let's play ball" and defusing the situation.

So I think they could do this without ruffling any MLB feathers if they wanted. I agree that a full on brawl or even the appearance of one wouldn't happen, but some jawing as the batter heads down the line, maybe the pitcher barking back some, etc. Nothing violent or even close to physical and they have a similar scene already in like above.

This just makes me chuckle at scene in Bases Loaded when the pitcher gets laid out if you hit certain guys.

Same for umps - there's already scenes were the players are "none too thrilled" about the call. Could have someone from the team hold him back and steer him back to their dugout to avoid the ejection, etc. I mean you already see them jawing and jesturing on their way back to the dugout, sometimes stopping to do it before going on back so I don't think it would be too much of a gray area if they wanted to put something like that in for some scenes.

Last edited by KBLover; 06-05-2016 at 07:23 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2016, 10:00 PM   #86
Rookie

I forgot to mention I would like faster access to each batter's at bat history. Preferably by holding R2 like we do now to see the previous at bat but being able to scroll the said player's at bat history, not just his last at bat.

Old 06-06-2016, 01:51 AM   #87
Rookie

grushcow's Arena

OVR: 2

Mentioned it last year. I think quick counts need some more flexibility. Being able to have quick counts for only hitting, or only pitching would be a great start. I like working the count as a hitter but pitching isn't as fun for me so I'd like to limit my time doing it. It would probably be more exciting jumping into a 3-1 count or an 0-2 count.

Additionally there should be some options for how frequently certain counts occur. I'd like it if you could have some 0-0, 0-1, 1-0 counts mixed in more. Haven't really used quick counts much on this version, but the first point I made would be ideal for me. Shortens games, gives me the ability to hit more which is ideal.

I really think more needs to be done with collisions. Obviously not a huge part of the game, but really unrealistic seeing players running through each other. Or in the outfield if there's a collision that they make it look good.

Last edited by grushcow; 06-06-2016 at 01:54 AM.
Old 06-07-2016, 03:23 PM   #88
Rookie

johnjimmy's Arena

In rtts, batting practice before the game, when a jersey number is retired or in use with another player, the number isnt selectable when choosing a number to play with, and way to see past world series champions

Last edited by johnjimmy; 06-07-2016 at 03:43 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »