Home

MLB 17 Feature Wishes?

This is a discussion on MLB 17 Feature Wishes? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-11-2016, 06:16 PM   #473
MVP

Jeffrey Smith's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 17 Feature Wishes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
Hopefully the Nationals new alternate makes it in (it's going to replace the blue alternate most likely in real life). Hopefully the Nats put it in the guide.

http://news.sportslogos.net/2016/12/...form-for-2017/
Those are a lot nicer than the blue alts. Brighter and sharper.
NBA: TORONTO RAPTORS
Old 12-11-2016, 07:03 PM   #474
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey Smith
Those are a lot nicer than the blue alts. Brighter and sharper.
The players have been complaining about the blue uniforms being too hot during the summer (the months they usually wear them) so that is the reason for this change.
Old 12-11-2016, 11:46 PM   #475
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12

Hoping they add more pre-game stadium shots like this. These kinds of things go a long way when making the game feel more fresh.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZOp2shsUs0

Last edited by ShowTyme15; 12-11-2016 at 11:53 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2016, 12:05 PM   #476
Rookie

catswithbats's Arena

I think I say this every year but in franchise I'd like to convert failed position players into pitchers and to be able to use position players to pitch in long extra inning game, or blow-outs rather than having to burn my bullpen and/or use a starter. I'd also love an option in RTTS to convert a failed starter into a reliever, a reliever into a starter, and a failed position player into a pitcher. That's pretty much all I want.
Old 12-13-2016, 02:54 PM   #477
Rookie

Sip_16's Arena

OVR: 1

I would love to them continue to add on to that animation system when it comes to fielding. That is one of my favorite parts of the game is playing defense.

I really enjoyed the improvements made last year, the only thing I would like to see tweaked is how the players are controlled, i feel at times it is a little stiff and you don't have complete control over the fielder, basically it could be a little smoother. I can see this happening with additions from last years, as i found it the most fun I have had playing the field to date.

Also would like to see different animations for different types of fielders, like the running animations last year. For example Tulo plays a style not many fielders do by circling grounders and throwing on the run. That would really freshen up things IMO.

Would love to see some more in-play cameras as well, i switch between brodcast and dynamic through out the year, a good way to mix it up on defense but maybe a few different angles would help this even more, or custom defensive cameras if thats possible.

is it march yet?

Last edited by Sip_16; 12-13-2016 at 02:57 PM.
Old 12-14-2016, 05:35 PM   #478
Rookie

HarlemYankee's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by catswithbats
I think I say this every year but in franchise I'd like to convert failed position players into pitchers and to be able to use position players to pitch in long extra inning game, or blow-outs rather than having to burn my bullpen and/or use a starter. I'd also love an option in RTTS to convert a failed starter into a reliever, a reliever into a starter, and a failed position player into a pitcher. That's pretty much all I want.
To build on that... In franchise mode, it would be pretty awesome if once every few years, a borderline starter who isn't getting much run as a SP becomes a reliever and starts to dominate. Mostly guys with the plus plus fastball and questionable control a la Dellin Betances or Wade Davis, or now that I think about it, Mariano Rivera
Old 12-14-2016, 06:49 PM   #479
MVP

underdog13's Arena

It would imo enhance gameplay if they had different break for the same pitches.

Similar to what mvp baseball had with selecting the clock angles 10-5 etc

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Old 12-15-2016, 03:10 PM   #480
Cod
MVP

Cod's Arena

OVR: 10

If anybody from SIE San Diego Studio development team is listening, please make franchise mode more realistic. The way contracts are handled is a joke. Why can't I sign players to minor / major league deals? I hate having to sign my entire minor league system to one year deals every year. Also, please let me offer contract extensions in season. Currently, the morale system is broken because I can't offer a player more money until his contract expires...so I risk him losing rating points because he things he needs more money. Finally, allow more freedom of contract types (opt outs, vesting options, etc.). Bottom line, the management side of franchise mode is a garbage at this point.

From a game play standpoint, I like the route the game is heading. A few updates to the animation engine would be nice, but if I had MLB 16's game play at an actual 60fps the entire time (no dips ever), it'd be near perfect.

All in all, this is one of the best sports' series I've played and I'm very appreciative of the developer's efforts...especially with a lack of competition.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »