Home

How are Single A teams not in the game?

This is a discussion on How are Single A teams not in the game? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-19-2016, 07:43 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: How are Single A teams not in the game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlocked
Evidence to the contrary:
lol

you can add all the disclaimers you want. that doesn't make up for things like tone and content.

if you don't want people to think you hate the game, you shouldn't be unreasonable about its flaws, whether they are real or perceived.
Old 04-19-2016, 08:46 PM   #50
Prince of Plakata

Jolly Roger's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by p00p1
They add players every Monday
No, they add frightful looking CAPs with no photo and no name audio.
Old 04-19-2016, 09:01 PM   #51

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly Roger
Proof that players can be added by the game studio as an update.
That's proof of nothing.

Different sport, different licenses, different resource allocation. Really it's a different everything.

You've been here for a while so I'm not sure why this is a surprise to you. Everyone seems to just thinks it's just so easy to add things for those of us that are in the minority of what we would like to see.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2016, 09:12 PM   #52
Prince of Plakata

Jolly Roger's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
That's proof of nothing.

Different sport, different licenses, different resource allocation. Really it's a different everything.

You've been here for a while so I'm not sure why this is a surprise to you. Everyone seems to just thinks it's just so easy to add things for those of us that are in the minority of what we would like to see.
Of course it's proof; it's proof that player models can be worked on by developers after release and added to the game as an update. You failed to point out any way whatsoever that the situations are different.

The sport being different is obviously irrelevant. They have the license to use a player as long as they've played in a game, so that's not an issue. As for resource allocation, that's what these sorts of discussions are about, criticisms of resource allocation.

I'm not surprised, just disappointed. A lot of rookies get playing time each year, and of course it's disappointing that they don't get in the game until the following year. Furthermore, you can't use minor leaguers that didn't get any MLB time the previous season. Perhaps if the CAP system were improved that would suffice, but that's yet to be done as well.

On a more general level, while being an non-constructive critic is entirely unhelpful, so too is being a sycophantic apologist.
Old 04-19-2016, 09:27 PM   #53
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Because The Show developers have decided that its not worth the money needed to license 30 Single A ball clubs at this point in time.

And the reason that drafted players don't join your roster until next season is because there are only 90 roster slots. To add the draftees into the game, players would have to be replaced and the devs have decided it would be in the best interest at this point to have that occur at the end of the season rather than in the middle of it.

That just sounds silly to me. They must have the license already to a point because they do have there logos in the game already. If they cant use there real life uniforms just make fake ones or something and its not like they need to have a license for ball parks because the AA and AAA teams in the game all play in fake ball parks. So why not do the same thing for single A?
Old 04-19-2016, 09:41 PM   #54
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybologna
But, I do understand the guys point. It's been in the PS3 version in which I still use myself so why not on PS4? What makes it so hard to not implement for PS4?

Well I am confused on how the show went from having by far the best graphics or any sports game last gen to now being way behind NBA 2k and also behind NHL this gen and I mean the players graphics not the ball park graphics. The ball park and crowd looks amazing but the players look way behind NBA 2k and also don't look as good has NHL players. I guess somethings are just different on different system when it comes to making a game.
Old 04-19-2016, 09:46 PM   #55
#realtalk

dalger21's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoBulk
Man i hate hug oversights.

Like when your parents give some you money out of the kindness of their hearts and you forget to give them a nice big bear hug.

Hug oversights are the worst.
I stopped reading after this. This could be the greatest reply to anything ever written
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2016, 09:48 PM   #56
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly Roger
On a more general level, while being an non-constructive critic is entirely unhelpful, so too is being a sycophantic apologist.
So people are being insincere when they say they still like the game and don't think non-playable A-ball teams is a big deal?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »