Home

RTTS career progression too fast

This is a discussion on RTTS career progression too fast within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-25-2016, 11:54 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 17
Re: RTTS career progression too fast

I kinda feel the opposite. My guy is now a 89 overall, been hitting .375+ in AAA all year while the starting 2B for the A's is only a 72 overall. Seems like I shoulda been called up 3 months ago. Right now, my RTTS player is the highest rated in the whole organization and still sitting in AAA. What makes things worse is that the A's are only 4 games out of the wild card so my player could be in the majors helping the team push for the final playoff spot but instead I'm toiling away in the minors while hitting like Ted Williams.
Old 04-25-2016, 11:56 AM   #10
All Star

orion523's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator87AC
I think a progression slider definitely needs to happen. Few things I should have mentioned in my OP - I play with no perks, no showtime on all-star everything. I built my player as a fielder first, batter second - which means my contact hitting was pretty benign in the beginning making for a gritty baseball experience. This is realistic, yet I still got called up my second year.

I'm on my first option down to the minors so we'll see how long they keep me here. My overall has gone up to a 77 adjusted and I'm killing it in AAA - feels good to be "good" again

To the guy saying it's not realistic to ask when to be promoted to the MLB, it is entirely UNrealistic to be called up to the MLB so soon. This is a conversation you'd typically have with your coaches and organization. My assumption is that nobody would turn down the opportunity to play prime time if they had a choice, if for no other reason than the pay grade increase, so instead of providing dialogue options, SCE just made it automatic. It would just be nice if there was a little more you had to do to get there.
RTTS has a "progressive difficulty" system, where if you have the game set to "All-Star" you're actually playing on Veteran in AA, All-Star in AAA, and Hall Of Fame in the Majors. Another way to stay in the minors longer is the manually "Cap" your progression: To do that simply go through each club's AA roster and make a note of the highest rated players, use that as a guide for your "cap"
Triple A same thing. Doing this should give you at least a couple of seasons in the minors, maybe more. A good challenging set of sliders helps as well. One more thing, equipment: use only bronze and silver while in the minors, this also stops you from progressing unreasonably.
Old 04-25-2016, 12:00 PM   #11
Rookie

jgthedon's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_future420
I kinda feel the opposite. My guy is now a 89 overall, been hitting .375+ in AAA all year while the starting 2B for the A's is only a 72 overall. Seems like I shoulda been called up 3 months ago. Right now, my RTTS player is the highest rated in the whole organization and still sitting in AAA. What makes things worse is that the A's are only 4 games out of the wild card so my player could be in the majors helping the team push for the final playoff spot but instead I'm toiling away in the minors while hitting like Ted Williams.
What difficulty r u playing on?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2016, 12:53 PM   #12
Rookie

Aviator87AC's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion523
RTTS has a "progressive difficulty" system, where if you have the game set to "All-Star" you're actually playing on Veteran in AA, All-Star in AAA, and Hall Of Fame in the Majors. Another way to stay in the minors longer is the manually "Cap" your progression: To do that simply go through each club's AA roster and make a note of the highest rated players, use that as a guide for your "cap"
Triple A same thing. Doing this should give you at least a couple of seasons in the minors, maybe more. A good challenging set of sliders helps as well. One more thing, equipment: use only bronze and silver while in the minors, this also stops you from progressing unreasonably.
Great info! I like the idea of manually capping yourself and stashing points. You could then dump them in when you start getting close to the "cap" from mandatory point progressions. You could even allow skill regressions in order to extend your minor league career.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_future420
That's a crazy experience and not at all mine. Have you been waived or optioned too many times? I wonder if you cannot be called up now due to too many roster moves.
Old 04-25-2016, 04:01 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator87AC

That's a crazy experience and not at all mine. Have you been waived or optioned too many times? I wonder if you cannot be called up now due to too many roster moves.
Its definitely weird and I don't understand it.

I've only been optioned once, and that was by another team earlier in the season. Since then, i was trade twice. What makes it even weirder is that the A's made changes to clear out 2B for me. Once they traded for me, they then immediate traded Lowrie so 2B was wide open for me to take. They basically remade the roster for me ( i was traded for Sonny Gray) only for them to leave me down in the minors while they have the worst starting 2B in the majors.

Last edited by the_future420; 04-25-2016 at 04:03 PM.
Old 04-25-2016, 09:47 PM   #14
Rookie

Limadawg's Arena

OVR: 2

My starting pitcher was drafted in the 3rd round by the Cubs. After 6 starts and a 2-1 record I get called up to the majors. In that little of time I haven't had a chance to build up my players attributes so I stink. But they keep me in the starting rotation for that year and the next year before moving me to middle reliever.

After 5 years I get traded to the Angels but as a middle reliever. Finish season with them then get released and put on free agent market. So I sign with the Dodgers. Started out as a middle reliever but have worked my way into the rotation. Crazy but fun.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »