Home

Blatant AI Cheating

This is a discussion on Blatant AI Cheating within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2016, 11:13 PM   #1
Pro

Biizz713's Arena

OVR: 0
Blatant AI Cheating

I want to paint a picture for you. I'm up about 8-0 at one point in this game, the Rockies manage to cut the deficit to 9-8. They're hitting HR's on low and away pitches on the black, they're fouling off every pitch when down in the count, and getting base hits on pitches outside the zone. Cool, whatever, I don't care. Sometimes these things happen, but it's not like i'm going to lose or anything right?

Bottom of the 9th, 2 outs, the batter grounds to third for what should be an easy game ending out. Kyle Seager air mails it into the stands. You know what? Cool, his throwing ratings aren't very good so it isn't unreasonable. It's not ideal but you know what? I'm not tripping, im still going to win. To this point I have yet to get mad at all, everything that is happening seems really fishy but screw it, sometimes stuff just doesn't go your way. Then this happens:

So you mean to tell me with the game on the line a bug i've never seen or heard of before occurs to make me lose? Nope, i'm not going for it. I think this ending is completely predetermined from when I was up by 8. It's all just way too convenient.

This is a meaningless DD game grinding innings against the CPU on all-star, i'm not invested in it in the slightest. I don't care that they came back and won, I do care HOW they came back and won. I really wish sports games would stop the AI cheating, it makes me feel like the whole thing is illegitimate. How can I take the game serious when I know that something like this can happen?

This is the second time today i've lost a game on a glitch. Earlier I had a baserunner go from 2nd to home for a game winner on a single to left field. I pre-loaded home and my LF proceeds to pick up the ball, turn towards second base, and pump fake the throw to second before firing home less than a second late to catch the runner at home.

I want AI that challenges me, not cheats me out of wins arbitrarily.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2016, 01:50 AM   #2
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Blatant AI Cheating

In-game-saves. Sometimes you just have to save and exit the game to create an in-game-save bookmark point so you could restart playing at that specific point in case anything suspiciously fishy happens after that save point.

I now look at in-game-save as not only when you need to leave the house, but to prevent fishy stuff from happening. We don't want to use that forbidden word but sometimes things happen that just seems odd.
Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing
Old 04-30-2016, 02:15 AM   #3
Rookie

I really don't want to believe theres a AI comeback cheat or its scripted but been playing mlb the show since 08 and im not sure. Every time I have the lead or a no hitter crazy things begin to happen and end up losing.

The most recent
I was winning 4-0 with marlins Chen was pitching perfect and then all of a sudden two hits on low away pitches and the Cameron Maybin a three run shot??? PWR against lefties 31?? then kinsler hits an opposite field homerun where he chases the pitch away low in the zone with an awkward swing. His PWR agains lefties 42? All in one inning no outs. I know kinsler got some pop but he chased it out of the zone.

I ended up losing on a walk off homer run by upton.

At least if the AI scored 2 runs or one run every other inning itll be ok but its like right after i get a big lead they catch up next inning. Its hard to get leads in HOF i dont wanna feel like im being cheated a win.

Still love the game honestly lol
Old 04-30-2016, 03:38 AM   #4
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4

This community hates these threads and I'm sure it will get locked down but I wish it wouldn't. I love these threads because every so often I feel like the game "cheats" and I want to vent. Does it cheat? Who knows and I'm willing to believe the devs when they say it doesn't.

I can't deny though that I've seen some serious shenanigans happen at very bad and unfortunate times. I have a video I'll post when I get home if this threads still open that put me on nuclear watch for about half a day.

The truth is there was things I probably could've done to help prevent or minimize the horrific results. I can say I've never loved a game so much that makes me want to punch myself in the face till my hand breaks sometimes.

Hopefully things can remain civil in here so we have somewhere to vent our frustrations. Maybe call it the therapy thread.
Old 04-30-2016, 04:30 AM   #5
Rookie

That's an absurd bug to be sure, but I don't think it's evidence of cheating. I really just think it's coincidental. If the game wanted to cheat, wouldn't it just have the batter hit a walk off?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2016, 07:42 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 11

Playing against the Mets with the cubs, extra innings. Can't remember which met is batting but it's a 3-2 count and he FOUL tips a ball off my catchers mask. Ball goes to back stop. I think nothing of it until the camera doesn't change and he's running to second. Wtf!!! Ended up being the tying run in a game I lost in 18
Old 04-30-2016, 09:08 AM   #7
Rookie

I try to not think the game cheats but funny things like errors, pitchers forgetting how to throw strikes, hitters hitting like Tony Gwynn, etc. likes to happen in later innings, especially the 9th. I rememeber a while back someone posted a graph showing runs scored per innings and the 9th being one of the most frequent scoring innings in The Show. But in RL it's normally one of the least likely innings to score.
Old 04-30-2016, 09:39 AM   #8
Rookie

esham313's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aensland
I try to not think the game cheats but funny things like errors, pitchers forgetting how to throw strikes, hitters hitting like Tony Gwynn, etc. likes to happen in later innings, especially the 9th. I rememeber a while back someone posted a graph showing runs scored per innings and the 9th being one of the most frequent scoring innings in The Show. But in RL it's normally one of the least likely innings to score.
Unless you're the Detroit Tigers lol seems they always give up tons of runs in 8th and 9th in real life.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »