Home

Season Mode - 82 games - am I the only?

This is a discussion on Season Mode - 82 games - am I the only? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-01-2016, 10:31 AM   #1
MVP

Grinder12000's Arena

OVR: 3
Season Mode - 82 games - am I the only?

I play the 82 game sched so I can get 2 seasons in a year and every game means more.

Anyone else do this and if so - do the minor leaguers ever actually play games and progress in season mode? Do they only progress/regress after the season?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2016, 02:10 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Season Mode - 82 games - am I the only?

I go for realism im my chise so it wouldnt be an option. I want to see guys with 40 homeruns 200 innings i wouldnt enjoy a half season for that reason.
Old 05-01-2016, 03:25 PM   #3
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

OVR: 0

I did one 3 or 4 years ago but an abbreviated season doesn't feel right.
If I ever do a short season again it will be a 29 game season.
#44Syracuse
Old 05-01-2016, 03:58 PM   #4
MVP

Grinder12000's Arena

29 is too short - I knew from experience that a 162 game season I would never get finished playing every game because it bumped into football. So I can get 2 seasons in one year and have a chance to see minor league players progress.

Yea - I lose realism but I also actually complete seasons without simming games. I know that when August comes and I still have 30 games to go but now Madden is calling that last 30 get real tough to play.
Old 05-01-2016, 04:04 PM   #5

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder12000
29 is too short - I knew from experience that a 162 game season I would never get finished playing every game because it bumped into football. So I can get 2 seasons in one year and have a chance to see minor league players progress.

Yea - I lose realism but I also actually complete seasons without simming games. I know that when August comes and I still have 30 games to go but now Madden is calling that last 30 get real tough to play.

If you can't get in one 162 game season how are you able to get in two 84 game seasons?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2016, 07:03 PM   #6
MVP

Grinder12000's Arena

82 games - and it's close. The thing is I get two years in and not just one. For me one 162 game season gets monotonous. OH boy - I'm 15 games back with 30 games to go!! I like having playoffs and off season when I'm not so tired of baseball I'm ready for football.

I played Strat-o-matic since the late 60s in online leagues but that was only 81 home games - now playing offline 162 is just freaking monotonous by the time off season starts I'm burned out.

This way a season ends and I'm still pumped and can really make some moves and have off season fun and start fresh with a new season. It's awesome with no burn-out because every game still means something.
Old 05-01-2016, 07:50 PM   #7

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder12000
I played Strat-o-matic since the late 60s in online leagues but that was only 81 home games - now playing offline 162 is just freaking monotonous by the time off season starts I'm burned out.
I grew up playing strat as well and I don't know if it was a typo or if you just think we are all young-uns here but I know there were no online strat leagues until the late 90's.

I grew up through the 80's playing it with my neighbors.
Old 05-02-2016, 11:01 AM   #8
MVP

Grinder12000's Arena

Yea - sorry - PBM back in the old days. My parents gave me my first calculator (SRM-70 I think) that had ALL FOUR FUNCTIONS because I played SOM. My friends brother discovered SOM and I became obsessed about 3 years after it was launched.

I still love SOM but I need graphics - that is why I was disappointed at the stat package for The SHOW and it's errors (NOT COMPLAINING, don't want to get in trouble again).

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »