Home

One of those innings

This is a discussion on One of those innings within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-09-2016, 12:47 PM   #9
Pro

mrsaito's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: One of those innings

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsaito
I had one game this year where in the eight or ninth inning all of the sudden my infielders forgot how to get in front of a ground ball.

I've been playing this game since 2007 and use a slight push on the left stick to position guys which has become second nature. For one inning it was like it was like my guys were repelling the ball away from themselves.

I'm ashamed to say that I hit reset... :-(
Country - To be clear let me say that I'm not blaming 'comeback code' for what happened to me above. In fact this was the only time I have experienced that particular thing in close to 1000 games played.

I was just trying to contribute to the thread with a message of "yes things can happen" and giving my personal example.
Old 05-09-2016, 12:52 PM   #10
MVP

TheWarmWind's Arena

OVR: 0

My last virtual season I was best in the league in fielding entering the post season. Once the post-season hit though, all of my guys gained ball allergies or something. Luckily my pitching and hitting were solid but my heart beat a little faster every time my team had to field the ball. Absolute nightmare level stuff.

I'm not complaining though it's a part of the game.
Old 05-09-2016, 01:09 PM   #11
Pro

After watching the Cubs bobble things left and right in last nights win over Washington, im glad the game has some oddities in there.... it would be boring if it was all mechanical.

Even the best have a bad day
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2016, 01:48 PM   #12
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

Honestly I think they should make fielding based on some kind of player skill, as the constant screw ups are just unfair on the player. I've lost so many games due to no fault of my own and that doesn't seem right
Old 05-09-2016, 02:28 PM   #13
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOscar
Honestly I think they should make fielding based on some kind of player skill, as the constant screw ups are just unfair on the player. I've lost so many games due to no fault of my own and that doesn't seem right

The day The Show goes to all user input with no ratings based into the game will be the day I stop buying it.
Ratings need to matter.
Errors happen.

UNLESS there would be a way to have it set to all user input related when manual fielding is on...
even then I'd be totally against it as if ratings don't matter then there's goes a lot of coaching and management from the game.

As far as CPU fielding I have seen plenty of CPU errors. Just need to have good settings. My last game vs Boston they committed 2 in a row that led to a run.

It goes both ways IMO.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS

Last edited by Skyboxer; 05-09-2016 at 02:33 PM.
Old 05-09-2016, 04:06 PM   #14
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOscar
They really need to sort out the fielding. Playing against the computer at times is like you're against a collection of the greatest fielders of all time, diving all over the place, perfect one hand pick ups and never missing anything. While my players consistently just let the ball run under their glove, refuse to react to the ball being a foot away from them, or just forget how to play baseball and fail to catch routine fly balls. First inning in particular I must have an ERA in double figures, the computer always manages to find a way to screw me over in the first and I have to spend the rest of the game trying to claw it back.

It's massively unfair, just keep it the same for both teams, don't just cheat to make the game more difficult

I suggest that human allow the cpu to do all the fielding and throwing if you want accurate results.
Old 05-09-2016, 04:43 PM   #15
MVP

TheWarmWind's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
The day The Show goes to all user input with no ratings based into the game will be the day I stop buying it.
Ratings need to matter.
Errors happen.
I would like to point out that ratings do matter for user input, at least when it comes to throwing the ball. I play with the throwing meter on, and the better the throwing accuracy, the easier it is to throw in the green and prevent an error. There is a huge difference between a great fielder and a bad one.

I'm not arguing against you. I actually kind of agree with you. I'm just pointing out that there is a way to have user input 100% determine play outcome while still having ratings matter, and the current throwing system is a good example of this.

On the flip side, I think that there is a lot more nuance to the fielding in the game than people realize, and often routes to the ball and timing can have an impact on errors.

Also sometimes players mess up routine plays. That is just a fact of life.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2016, 05:14 PM   #16
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWarmWind
I would like to point out that ratings do matter for user input, at least when it comes to throwing the ball. I play with the throwing meter on, and the better the throwing accuracy, the easier it is to throw in the green and prevent an error. There is a huge difference between a great fielder and a bad one.

I'm not arguing against you. I actually kind of agree with you. I'm just pointing out that there is a way to have user input 100% determine play outcome while still having ratings matter, and the current throwing system is a good example of this.

On the flip side, I think that there is a lot more nuance to the fielding in the game than people realize, and often routes to the ball and timing can have an impact on errors.

Also sometimes players mess up routine plays. That is just a fact of life.
Oh... I know ratings matter for pretty much everything.. My thing was no way I want just user input deciding errors(Fielding). Which was what was (to me) being suggested.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »