Home

Pitcher Stamina in the Playoffs

This is a discussion on Pitcher Stamina in the Playoffs within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-16-2016, 09:20 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: Pitcher Stamina in the Playoffs

I thought they said it was fixed
I am building a website that will host classic sport gaming rosters from years past. We have lost many great rosters for good over the past several years due to expired links. If your interested in contributing, please PM me and let the work live on forever!
Old 05-16-2016, 10:14 PM   #18
Pro

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr.
Yeah, it's just stupid to change how stamina works in the playoffs. It's not like the length of 24 hours is different in October than it is March-September.

I simply can't understand the reasoning behind this and it's infuriating that it wasn't actually fixed when the developers explicitly stated that it was.
Have to agree. This functionality just doesn't make any sense at all, and I'm disappointed that we are even still talking about it, over a year later.
Old 05-16-2016, 11:06 PM   #19
Everyday is Faceurary!

dickey1331's Arena

OVR: 31

This is disappointing. Stamina really shouldn't be different between regular season and the playoffs.
NFL: Dallas Cowboys
NHL: Dallas Stars
NBA: Dallas Mavericks

I own a band check it out
Old 05-17-2016, 12:04 AM   #20
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

I agree that there's really no reason (other than stopping cheesers) to make stamina any different in the playoffs, but isn't this pretty easy to fix with sliders? Figure out how much of a stamina hit the pitcher is taking in the playoffs and adjust the SP Stamina slider to compensate? You probably don't have that slider maxed out already so there's likely some room to increase it. Am I missing an obvious reason as to why people aren't just doing that as a work around?
Old 05-17-2016, 12:25 AM   #21
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear
Figure out how much of a stamina hit the pitcher is taking in the playoffs and adjust the SP Stamina slider to compensate?
By how much, though?

How much does each click of the Stamina slider refer to? Do we know? Playoff games aren't exactly when I want to be doing trial and error with sliders.

Does it impact recovery? If not, would I need to keep increasing it as the playoffs go on (because the pitcher will continue to get gradually worn down as the playoffs go on)?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2016, 12:31 AM   #22
Everyday is Faceurary!

dickey1331's Arena

OVR: 31

But will that slider fix the computers problems too?
NFL: Dallas Cowboys
NHL: Dallas Stars
NBA: Dallas Mavericks

I own a band check it out
Old 05-17-2016, 12:39 AM   #23
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickey1331
There's a CPU Stamina slider - so we could adjust both come playoff time and (I assume) it would work as well.
Old 05-17-2016, 12:40 AM   #24
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
By how much, though?

How much does each click of the Stamina slider refer to? Do we know? Playoff games aren't exactly when I want to be doing trial and error with sliders.

Does it impact recovery? If not, would I need to keep increasing it as the playoffs go on (because the pitcher will continue to get gradually worn down as the playoffs go on)?
That's why the first step is "figure out how much of an impact there is." It might be 1 click or 2 or 3....

I mean people can complain about it and curse the game or they can try to find a solution, no? If it matters so much to people and they are so mad about it, wouldn't it be worth it to invest a practice game or 2 and find a workaround? You wouldn't even have to test it out in your franchise. Just load something up, sim to the playoffs, jump in and figure it out without there being high stakes of it being your games. It might not actually work as a workaround, but if people aren't even willing to find out, then they lose any and all complaining rights imo.

It's pretty clear that this is the only way the issue will be fixed in a timely manner. According to the devs, they already thought they did fix it. From watching some streams and listening to them lay out their logic for this design, I'm not even sure they understand what the problem is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickey1331
There is a CPU SP Stamina slider also, so I'd say it's likely.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »