Home

Who wants to see SCEA do more with special days?

This is a discussion on Who wants to see SCEA do more with special days? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-22-2016, 08:21 AM   #9
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: Who wants to see SCEA do more with special days?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thiel82
Not completely true on the timeline. I have a buddy that works at Rawlings. They know all changes before the end of the year (usually around the Winter Meetings) so they can work on their own gear for the following season. Guessing all the other vendors are the same way.

I found this out when the Astros rebranded a few years ago.
They know what the special day jerseys are going to be at this time as well, or just what a team's new uniform is going to look like?

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 06-22-2016, 12:55 PM   #10
Did I do that???

mrCPUgeek's Arena

OVR: 0

Seems like the easy solution to this and other uniforms is let us have the uniform editor like in DD. Even if we only have one "slot" we could change it up for the different times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-22-2016, 01:05 PM   #11
Banned

Oh, please, NO!!!
They look absolutely ridiculous in real life...why, oh, why would anyone want that in a game. (Sure...lets see the Reds uniform in blue...sure, that makes a lot of sense)

Does anyone else see how tied into making money this is? (and for the two cancers, I understand, but wouldn't money for HR's or K or something be so much better than auctioning off "altered" MLB uniforms that look horrible?)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2016, 01:12 PM   #12
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrCPUgeek
Seems like the easy solution to this and other uniforms is let us have the uniform editor like in DD. Even if we only have one "slot" we could change it up for the different times.
I was thinking last night how many problems that would solve. Just that one slot per team (or 1 slot home and away, so 2 total) would be the solution to virtually all whining and complaining about uniforms except partial color mistakes on any of the other slots.

You could edit that uniform yourself for any different occasion you wanted. SEC said that the memory it would take to have actual "team" colors in the player editor would take so much memory it was impossible, and now it is in there.

Honestly, SD Studios, if there is one thing you do, adding a DD-like editor for the MLB teams (even if only 1 slot) is it. Although the new detailed environments are amazing, I want THIS 100% over a HD version of a water fountain or fire extinguisher in the back of the dugout!

Renegotiate with MLB (like with retired numbers and some other changed over the years), and get this one thing done.

At this point, the ability exists, it would solve 98% of everyone's problems with uniforms, so...if someone doesn't agree, make it yourself!

Last edited by 41_Tom_Seaver_Fan; 06-22-2016 at 01:15 PM.
Old 06-22-2016, 01:16 PM   #13
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by 41_Tom_Seaver_Fan
Oh, please, NO!!!
They look absolutely ridiculous in real life...why, oh, why would anyone want that in a game. (Sure...lets see the Reds uniform in blue...sure, that makes a lot of sense)

Does anyone else see how tied into making money this is? (and for the two cancers, I understand, but wouldn't money for HR's or K or something be so much better than auctioning off "altered" MLB uniforms that look horrible?)
People want them in the game for the realism.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 06-22-2016, 03:14 PM   #14
FA

Factzzz's Arena

OVR: 5

I wish, these are the 4 special day uniforms they need in the game (for every team obviously). The odds are more than likely pretty slim seeing as though they can't even get the Padres blue camo alternate jersey or the Rangers red undershirt alternate home jerseys, amongst other alternates, in the game.

Unless they figure out something, and drastically alter their approach to uniforms in the game, then i wouldn't count on it.

Old 06-23-2016, 03:29 PM   #15
Pro

sportomatic75's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrCPUgeek

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I hate to bring this up but I wish they would provide us with something like WWE 2K has had for years with the color editor and what not. That would make it fully customizable. Maybe it takes it to the next level and is unneccessary, but I don't know if it even possible
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2016, 06:29 PM   #16
MVP

BrianM207's Arena

OVR: 3

Yeah I'd be on board and happy with maybe 1 slot for a customizable uniform(that you can edit at will). It would be a nice touch. I'd love to have the black Mets jerseys back. Is it "high on my priority list" as far as this game goes? No. But it would still be cool to be able to make.

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »