Home

Who wants to see SCEA do more with special days?

This is a discussion on Who wants to see SCEA do more with special days? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-19-2016, 01:24 PM   #1
Pro

sportomatic75's Arena

OVR: 0
Who wants to see SCEA do more with special days?

Father's and Mother's Day need more attention in the game. In real life they are not only using pink and blue bats, wrist bands, but also unique hats, and uniforms. Maybe it would be difficult to get the uniform in the game with the issue with the amount of slots still occurring, but at least the hats can be included. I want to see the special games actually have some inclusion in the game. Even looking at 4th of July and Memorial Day games with the red white and blue logos for every team on their hat. It really sucks that they are limited to slots for uniforms and hats because this is a nice thing to add to make this game more realistic
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2016, 02:27 PM   #2
Pro

cherman24's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Who wants to see SCEA do more with special days?

I don't know if the stuff has to be coded as an extra uniform, which would go against all our slot complaining...but is there any way to code the game for a color swap like bats and wristbands? All teams just recolor uniforms for these days...and there's the fact that these uniforms are released well after the game ships too. I've sworn I've seen older stars/stripes caps (white with flag color logos) in the crowd...maybe it's just a crowd person avatar though.
Old 06-20-2016, 06:08 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 3

Didn't they used to do pink bats on Mothers Day? Maybe still do, not sure if I've played a Mother's Day game on 16
Old 06-20-2016, 06:59 PM   #4
MVP

sydrogerdavid's Arena

OVR: 27

The pink bats and blue wristbands have been in the game forever and it wasn't until this year when MLB decided to go beyond just those things in real life.

I could be mistaken, but this is the first year that pink and blue had made it onto the uniform other than just a ribbon. If this is true, you can't really blame them for not having pink or blue on the uniforms.

For the record, I don't really like them in real life, but for the sake of realism, I'd be fine with the one off uniforms in The Show as they are just for one game. All the pink in Madden, however, really irritates me. A whole month is just ridiculous.
Old 06-20-2016, 08:02 PM   #5
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyStroke3
Didn't they used to do pink bats on Mothers Day? Maybe still do, not sure if I've played a Mother's Day game on 16
They still do pink bats on Mothers Day and blue wristbands on Father's Day.

---

The thing about the uniforms is I don't think they are decided upon by the actual MLB until right at the beginning of the season or close to it. Meaning that it would be beyond the control of SCEA to know beforehand what the jerseys will look like. Also, I seem to recall (sorry I've searched and couldn't find) a similar topic talked about a few years ago and the comment was made by SCEA that the MLB won't allow them to use any of the special jerseys/hats (Memorial Day, 4th of July, now Mother's/Father's Day, etc...)

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

Last edited by countryboy; 06-20-2016 at 08:04 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2016, 08:28 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
The thing about the uniforms is I don't think they are decided upon by the actual MLB until right at the beginning of the season or close to it. Meaning that it would be beyond the control of SCEA to know beforehand what the jerseys will look like. Also, I seem to recall (sorry I've searched and couldn't find) a similar topic talked about a few years ago and the comment was made by SCEA that the MLB won't allow them to use any of the special jerseys/hats (Memorial Day, 4th of July, now Mother's/Father's Day, etc...)
Not completely true on the timeline. I have a buddy that works at Rawlings. They know all changes before the end of the year (usually around the Winter Meetings) so they can work on their own gear for the following season. Guessing all the other vendors are the same way.

I found this out when the Astros rebranded a few years ago.

Last edited by thiel82; 06-21-2016 at 08:31 PM.
Old 06-21-2016, 08:46 PM   #7
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

With limited room to work with, special days would be low on my own personal list of priorities. But if resources like time space & money were no obstacle, I'd have no objection to SDS implementing more special days.
#44Syracuse
Old 06-22-2016, 04:20 AM   #8
Pro

scooterperpetual's Arena

It would be cool for sure but I would much rather see postseason Caps/Unis.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »