Home

More MLB The Show 17 Franchise Mode Details, Including Player Quirks

This is a discussion on More MLB The Show 17 Franchise Mode Details, Including Player Quirks within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-07-2017, 01:10 PM   #41
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: More MLB The Show 17 Franchise Mode Details, Including Player Quirks

Quote:
Originally Posted by HypoLuxa13
Add on to this - Sony San Diego tracks (via metadata or whatever) how people play the game. They know RttS and Diamond Dynasty are their most played modes. They probably know how many users sim in Franchise Mode and how often they do it. They probably know how far INTO a franchise the average user gets (I think they mentioned once upon a time that a LOT of people never even finish a full season in Franchise).

Even if these features are not important to a lot of users here on OS, they may be VERY important to the other 99% of their user base who may be frustrated with how much time it takes to progress through a Franchise.
I may have skewed the simming data by trying various slider combos to fix their pitcher handling during simmed games.

Last edited by Mike Lowe; 03-07-2017 at 01:39 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2017, 01:15 PM   #42
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by HypoLuxa13
Add on to this - Sony San Diego tracks (via metadata or whatever) how people play the game. They know RttS and Diamond Dynasty are their most played modes. They probably know how many users sim in Franchise Mode and how often they do it. They probably know how far INTO a franchise the average user gets (I think they mentioned once upon a time that a LOT of people never even finish a full season in Franchise).

Even if these features are not important to a lot of users here on OS, they may be VERY important to the other 99% of their user base who may be frustrated with how much time it takes to progress through a Franchise.
Those user stats apply to people playing online or logged into their playstation account. I don't go online to play franchise and I'll bet I'm not alone. If the goal is to make more people play franchise by adding more arcade stuff to the mode I believe they are making a mistake.
Old 03-07-2017, 01:15 PM   #43
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impetuous65
I would love for quirks to be a dynamic OSD menu option, the quirk shows up at the batter walk up based on the situation. Just as a quick reminder to the end user as a scouting tool.

With PYS the skills (quirks) can change from pitch to pitch and is shown on-screen.
Old 03-07-2017, 01:17 PM   #44
Rookie

Love the new additions. Just give me create a team and I'll be set.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 03-07-2017, 01:20 PM   #45
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessl
Those user stats apply to people playing online or logged into their playstation account. I don't go online to play franchise and I'll bet I'm not alone. If the goal is to make more people play franchise by adding more arcade stuff to the mode I believe they are making a mistake.
You keep claiming that quirks are "arcadey" yet we have no idea the effect they will have on the game, what all of them are, nor what attributes they effect.

Can we at least wait until we receive more information and how they work inside the game before we start calling them "arcadey"?

People are letting their assumptions get the best of them today..

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2017, 01:26 PM   #46
MVP

RogerDodger's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
The key take away from this is don't toss Rizzo a breaking ball while your leading in the 9th and there's 2 outs and 2 strikes with a runner on third.

Jokes aside, I definitely like this addition though, like others here, I REALLY hope they can either:

a) be edited and/or added to CAPs

and/or

b) can be gained/lost based on in-franchise performance

Definitely has me intrigued and even more curious to hear more on Thursday.

Also, and admittedly off-topic, 17 looks flat out AWESOME. Some of these faces...whoa!
That's a great point. Will the pitching team be aware of the opposing lineup's quirks so you know what to avoid? I'm a big fan of the idea but it would be good to know if they are dynamic from year to year. I was also hoping to hear some stuff about improving the free agent process.
Old 03-07-2017, 01:32 PM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by richmondn96
I for one love the critical situations feature because I do not have time to get through a full season playing all or even half of the games. This makes it so I can get through a whole season while still having an impact on my team's record. Quick manage is also nice because last year I actually had the specific wish to be able to play defense-only while still making managerial decisions on offense. Could also be used if you break open a 9 run lead in the 5th inning and want to breeze to the end.
I completely agree with Richmond...this is the ONLY game I play a full 162 (Or more hoping I make the post season), it is the only reason I bought a PS4 and to make "Improvements" that shorten the game or seem to be for the more casual player is a bit troubling. I will say, if they have truly addressed some of the AI logic like the power hitters laying down suicide squeezes that always work, or the crazy amount of catcher/pitcher put outs during a game and especially the faulty base running (2 out deep shots and the runner from second waits to run instead of just going) I would be happy as hell... this being said, going to play game 6 of my Mets and Blue Jays...hope I win and trade in 16 for 17.
Old 03-07-2017, 01:43 PM   #48
Rookie

lil_bomber_713's Arena

I stopped playing RTTS because I didn't like being able to control the rosters and edit players. The one thing I did like about RTTS was the stats versus each team and pitcher the game kept for your player. Maybe they'll add these stats to franchise mode now that there's so much emphasis on player lock.

I also hope you can start a game with a player lock guy on the bench like you could in '15.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »