Home

A message to this forum (Why you can't post right now)

This is a discussion on A message to this forum (Why you can't post right now) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-14-2017, 10:31 PM   #49
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: A message to this forum (Why you can't post right now)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threeebs
Whoa whoa whoa now playing video games and reading book ARE very different. You're right when you say reading books isn't a human fault though. You at least nailed that part. Reading books will help your brain my friend, playing video games will help your hand muscles. That doesn't mean I don't enjoy the video games, because I very much do, but reading has shaped my life...

The things you can do to help society doesn't need to be perceived as work. If you get in the right mind set, you can and will enjoy it and when that happens well look at that, it's no longer work.

On top of that there's more productive things to do for fun besides video games that'll help more then the muscles in your hands...
Plenty of games tell great stories. Give me Age of Empires over 50 Shades of Grey any day.
Also, video games employ hundreds of artists, so in my book, if you choose wisely, you can help support todays Picassos and Rembrandts, which in and of itself is a worthwhile endeavour.

Mill, and Moderation Staff, I apolgise for taking this thread so far off topic.
This is the last I will force myself on this subject.
Goodnite all, and good dreams.

A Work in Progress
Old 03-14-2017, 11:10 PM   #50
Rookie

Threeebs's Arena

OVR: 8
Wink Re: A message to this forum (Why you can't post right now)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium
I have read every one of your posts, but this is the exact spot that invalidates every word you've said.

You're commenting on an issue in this forum without reading the posts about it. Stop. Read the whole thread and understand what's going on then comment.

Until then, go back to ignoring the TOS and posting however you want OUTSIDE OF THIS THREAD and allow luck to guide you.
Mill, I did read every post in the franchise threads, I can tell you that with 100% certainty as I'm a huge franchise mode fan and follow the threads with purpose. I think you're confusing those threads with this thread but it's actually the franchise threads that sparked the creation of this thread (sorry if this is confusing).

I read the first page of this thread but what the one moderator (speedy i think) was saying in the opening of his latest post in this thread was mostly directed towards me. however, he twisted my words a bit so i responded so as to re-iterate what I was actually saying.

I hope this clears it up. This isn't about the posts in this thread this is about the thread that was created (this exact thread) about the "problems" in the franchise threads, of which, in my opinion aren't really problems. I read the posts and saw nothing that was destructive. Just a bunch of minor gripes and thank yous. There was even a post from a moderator that expressed his disappointment in the progress of franchise mode.

I'm not trying to start a feud or whatever you guys may think I'm trying to start, I'm just expressing my opinions on the matter. I think some are getting a little overly emotional about it. Just because I'm not a moderator or an OS contributor doesn't mean I'm wrong...
Old 03-14-2017, 11:13 PM   #51
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Mill, I did read every post in the franchise threads, I can tell you that with 100% certainty as I'm a huge franchise mode fan and follow the threads with purpose. I think you're confusing those threads with this thread but it's actually the franchise threads that sparked the creation of this thread (sorry if this is confusing).

I read the first page of this thread but what the one moderator (speedy i think) was saying in the opening of his latest post in this thread was mostly directed towards me. however, he twisted my words a bit so i responded so as to re-iterate what I was actually saying.

I hope this clears it up. This isn't about the posts in this thread this is about the thread that was created (this exact thread) about the "problems" in the franchise threads, of which, in my opinion aren't really problems. I read the posts and saw nothing that was destructive. Just a bunch of minor gripes and thank yous. There was even a post from a moderator that expressed his disappointment in the progress of franchise mode.

I'm not trying to start a feud or whatever you guys may think I'm trying to start, I'm just expressing my opinions on the matter. I think some are getting a little overly emotional about it. Just because I'm not a moderator or an OS contributor doesn't mean I'm wrong...
It's not overly emotional. We've worked very hard over the years at creating the type of environment that mature gamers could speak to each other. This ISN'T any other site where you can just waltz in and start spouting whatever you want. We expect our posters to have an (at least partially) informed opinion. We expect our posters to be civil and courteous and constructive to each other. That's an expectation coming in (again, read the TOS).

That's why this thread is important. Is it a heavy hand by the staff of this site? Absolutely. But it is no different than we have ever been.

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2017, 07:53 AM   #52
#realtalk

dalger21's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:

I suggested the thread be taken down because it's embarrassing, especially to anyone new wanting to come on here for discussion. I mean if i saw that when I first stumbled onto this site, I wouldn't have even signed up. This is just my opinion and my opinion alone but it just makes this place look soft and emotional. A lot of members here are a little to emotionally attached to this game!
Well...Every year Millennium will make a thread similar to this one mentioning that certain things will not be tolerated - mainly the agenda trolling that goes on for the different factions of The Show. This particular year seems to have gotten way out of hand even more so over previous years (from the looks of it, it seems to stem from the Franchise stream and subsequent thread). I understand the need for the lock down of the forum for an hour and this thread because sometimes....people suck and need to be put in a timeout. I think people here forget that the devs and mods here are actually people and should be treated with the respect they deserve even if you disagree with something that is (or isn't) in the game.

The fact that this thread was left open for discussion instead of just a locked sticky thread with warnings and such shows more to me than anything else.
Old 03-23-2017, 04:22 PM   #53
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quick question. Where in the TOS does it mention that the size of a development team must be taken into consideration before posting?
Old 03-23-2017, 05:05 PM   #54
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

To me...TOS = use common sense and don't be a jerk to people. If you got that much, you're good. Whether a specific rule is spelled out or not is irrelevant because a private forum can do basically whatever it wants at any time and without notice. In that way, the almighty TOS is really just a courtesy to new users. The admin could add "consider the dev team size" to the TOS if he wanted to. Or he could just tell you here. Either way, mods and admins can enforce it how they feel is most appropriate.

Anecdotal evidence here, but I've never had any problems with how the rules are enforced. If anything, questionable posters (those who don't breathe before pressing post or folks who are just plain immature/entitled/looking to start something) probably get a bit too much rope to hang themselves with...eventually.
Old 03-23-2017, 06:36 PM   #55
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by bredfan
Quick question. Where in the TOS does it mention that the size of a development team must be taken into consideration before posting?
Hilarious.

It's about respect and managing expectations. If you are trying to say we said you can't criticize the dev team because of their size then that is wrong.

Like we always say here, constructive criticism is fine.

The only reason the size of the dev team was brought up was to give us a peek inside their process and to help us understand they can only do so much in one cycle. These are facts. They can't overhaul multiple things every year like EA and 2K can do with their hundreds of developers.

Sports games are a constant marathon. The work never stops and they are lucky to get two weeks off. They provide us with one of the best sports games on the market. I think we can show them a little respect for what they are able to accomplish with a small development team in a short period of time.

If there are things about the game you don't like, then by all means please tell us and tell them. They listen if you are constructive.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2017, 07:13 PM   #56
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
If you are trying to say we said you can't criticize the dev team because of their size then that is wrong.
I don't have a horse in this race. I'm getting the game day 1 regardless of what anyone on the internet says.

But, pointing out how small a dev team is (and is 80 even small?) really isn't relevant. They're charging $60 for their game like everyone else. When I hear things like "they're a small team", not for nuthin', but it sounds apologetic and could be misinterpreted to undermine and even negate the perception of neutrality and credibility that one has earned.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »