Home

MLB The Show 17 Video - Franchise Mode Tour (Gamespot)

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 17 Video - Franchise Mode Tour (Gamespot) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-08-2017, 09:12 PM   #41
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 17 Video - Franchise Mode Tour (Gamespot)

ok yea that was a little confusing. They were listed as separate bullet points but basically the same thing. Like you said with a name like front office you would expect something to do with the financial side of things.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2017, 09:56 PM   #42
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

I'm a little worried about the CPU's bullpen management. Cubs pulled Wade Davis instead of leaving him in to try and get the save. Perhaps he had pitched the previous two days. Or perhaps SCEA has Joe Maddon's insane strategies coded into the game.

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Old 03-08-2017, 09:56 PM   #43
MVP

HypoLuxa13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcarsnyy
To me it looked like Sanchez had a scan.

I'm more worried about the way Gregorius looks. He looks way too pale. I'm thinking that it can be fixed though as the video is from a build at least 2 weeks old.
Ramone visited GameSpot 2-3 weeks ago, and you figure the build he took along was a couple weeks old on top of that. So that build was probably from at least a month ago. And they said several times back then that they were still working on skin tones. Hoping that is all that was going on in the Didi clip

Sent from my SM-G930V using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 03-08-2017, 10:23 PM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 5
Man, I can't wait for the new features we been asking for the last few years....Rain-outs and double headers. Of course, how can I forget the much anticipated new and improved "Franchise Front Office" mode ala NBA2K. I'm sure we will see all the new historical stats of past games and championships etc. It just that they are not going to show it until tomorrow..I know it...There is no way that SDS can let me down, no way!
Old 03-08-2017, 11:15 PM   #45
MVP

ElroyJetson's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by breakfastcat
Haven't seen it mentioned yet, but it looks like the Yankee Stadium renovations are in.

So awesome to know because I was tweeting Russ articles on the renovations at the stadium

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Minnesota Vikings
JetLife
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2017, 02:58 AM   #46
Rookie

I have a created pitcher in in franchise mode I normally just play the game my created player pitches I could see myself using quick manage.
Old 03-09-2017, 10:27 AM   #47
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18
They are playing around April 28th. At the most, there should be 10 complete games combined throughout all of MLB at this point in the season. We see a lot more than that on the pre-game loading screen, just like the previous years of this game.

Even the first game they are playing/simming; itt ends as a 3-2 score with the pitcher getting POTG from pitching 9.0 innings and a complete game.

I'm starting to doubt whether or not I can trust the bullpen AI to truly be fixed. I understand we've been told that the game will take into account the best pitcher to bring in for the next few batters. That's great, but I still see a huge loophole for situational pitching on a batter-by-batter basis. The impression I get through all of this is we will still be seeing long outings by RP.
Old 03-09-2017, 11:41 AM   #48
Rookie

GWPump23's Arena

OVR: 3
^^^^^^^ Yes ^^^^^^^^

The 1st thing I'll experiment with is CG's, bullpen usage & line up logic from the AI withing franchise mode...

-GW-

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »