Home

MLB The Show 17 Franchise Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 17 Franchise Discussion Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-21-2017, 12:05 PM   #25

Marino's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: MLB The Show 17 Franchise Discussion Thread

I plan on doing a Fantasy Draft to start a franchise while I wait for the OSFM rosters for my Dodgers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2017, 12:36 PM   #26
MVP

sink4ever's Arena

OVR: 9

I have a '16 franchise with the Braves/Indians/Mariners that is at the end of the 16-17 offseason. I'll carry that forward and continue. I also have a Padres/A's franchise I started back in '14 that I'll probably carry forward as well. Lastly, once OSFM drops I'll start a new franchise with the Brewers, White Sox, and Twins.
Old 03-21-2017, 01:16 PM   #27
Rookie

Durrl Brakes's Arena

OVR: 0

No doubt about im going with Fictional Franchise that I have been patiently and meticulously creating over the last few years. With all the additions to create-a-player tools its just time.
Old 03-21-2017, 02:46 PM   #28
Rookie

jtshurtleff's Arena

I am a bit torn. I live in GA but am a huge Red Sox fan (have been since I was 7) but the Sox are just not a fun team to try to do a rebuild with since they have 3 Aces, 4 young guys to build off of in Betts, Bogaerts, Bradley, and Benintendi and also have a relatively stocked minor league roster. The intriguing team for me is Atlanta with the new stadium, young roster with old pitching and a fully stocked farm system. The fun thing with the Braves would be to develop the young guys like Inciarte and Swanson into monsters to go along with Freeman and Teheran and then call up some of the pitchers they're loaded with and trade away the old guys. I just don't know which to do.
Old 03-21-2017, 07:57 PM   #29
Rookie

SoxSoxSox's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtshurtleff
I am a bit torn. I live in GA but am a huge Red Sox fan (have been since I was 7) but the Sox are just not a fun team to try to do a rebuild with since they have 3 Aces, 4 young guys to build off of in Betts, Bogaerts, Bradley, and Benintendi and also have a relatively stocked minor league roster. The intriguing team for me is Atlanta with the new stadium, young roster with old pitching and a fully stocked farm system. The fun thing with the Braves would be to develop the young guys like Inciarte and Swanson into monsters to go along with Freeman and Teheran and then call up some of the pitchers they're loaded with and trade away the old guys. I just don't know which to do.

You could always tick ATL and BOS in the startup screen (unless you use 30-team control) and play both games each day.

They don't play in 2017 so you wouldn't face them until future seasons, and even if you did you can always sim it, use only the home team, etc.
Old 03-21-2017, 08:01 PM   #30
Rookie

CM1014's Arena

After an agonizing month going back and forth on a couple teams I've decided I'll be spending my summer in DC as the Nats. I was hoping to be an AL team this year but the Nats just have everything I was looking for. I've already lined up Kevin Spacey (dressed as President Frank Underwood) to throw out the first pitch on Opening Day.

Here's what I'll be throwing out there..

CF- Eaton
SS- Turner
RF- Harper
2B- Murphy
3B- Rendon
1B- Zimmerman
LF- Werth
C- Wieters
P- Scherzer

SP- Scherzer
SP- Strasburg
SP- Roark
SP- Gonzalez
SP- Ross

CL- Treinen/Glover (to be decided in ST)
RP- Kelley
RP- Blanton
RP- Solis
RP- Enny Romero
RP- Perez

I'm going to keep Michael Taylor up in the Bigs to be the 4th OF since he's got some speed and pop. I may look to add one other bench hitter I like as I don't love their depth.

Going to try and get through 162 games this year for the 1st time!
Old 03-21-2017, 08:01 PM   #31
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtshurtleff
Red Sox- Season Mode, one and done, win the world series THEN move on to OSFM Braves Franchise and rebuild. Problem solved lol

A Work in Progress
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2017, 08:09 PM   #32
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM1014
I've decided I'll be spending my summer in DC as the Nats. I was hoping to be an AL team this year but the Nats just have everything I was looking for. I've already lined up Kevin Spacey (dressed as President Frank Underwood) to throw out the first pitch on Opening Day.
yeah, sorry thats a no-go. He's busy with terrorist at the moment.
Might I suggest Nick Nolte/Graves in his stead?

A Work in Progress

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »