Home

No more picking team in rtts?!?!

This is a discussion on No more picking team in rtts?!?! within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-19-2017, 03:59 PM   #9
French Fried Taters, mhmm

puppies_on_acid's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: No more picking team in rtts?!?!

This doesn't bother me. I've been a Giants fan my entire life, but not once have I gone the Pick your Team route in RTTS, just to play for the Giants. I was even drafted by the Dodgers in one of my RTTS games (granted I tried to get them to trade me at every opportunity). I like the idea of not knowing who is going to draft you. That's just my 2 cents though.
Old 03-19-2017, 04:41 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 0

I think I can handle anyone but the Ray, A's and Phils lol.
Old 03-19-2017, 04:51 PM   #11
E=MC(2)

Mitchrapp's Arena

Sometimes I like to pick my team, Tigers, and turn off auto save so if traded I can rewind the clock so to speak.. It's a little bit of a bummer that they took it out.

Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Tigers
Michigan Football

I didn't mean to hit the umpire with the dirt, but I did mean to hit that bastard in the stands. -- Babe Ruth

Trying to sneak a pitch past Hank Aaron is like trying to sneak the sunrise past a rooster. -- Joe Adcock
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2017, 05:38 PM   #12
MVP

Reed1417's Arena

I can understand why people are upset about them taking this feature out. Me personally I've always gone through the draft because it's realistic to me. That and I like not knowing what kind of situation I'm going into. In 16 I got drafted by the Arizona Diamondbacks who are my second favorite team after going back to school and performing better in the Showcase. In 15 I got drafted to the Mets. It's fun for me not knowing where I'm going. I'm an Oriole fan first and foremost because that's where I live, but I'll play a Franchise with them for all that.
HOWEVER, if the Yanks or Red Sox draft me, better believe I'm going to try and get out of there

Reed is comin' atcha!

Reed's WWE 2k23 Universe: Youtube Edition
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...e-edition.html
Old 03-19-2017, 05:42 PM   #13
MVP

Trackball's Arena

OVR: 7

Picking which team you go to is not realistic.

"I refuse to play for the Hornets. Trade me to the Lakers or I'm not playing."
--Kobe Bryant, draft day, 1996

You wanted realism?
You got it.
And you're still not happy.

Be careful what you wish for.
Old 03-19-2017, 05:56 PM   #14
MVP

Dolenz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackball
Well, we are talking RTTS here and not franchise.

- You can buy Training Points
- You are almost always a starter in MLB by the age of 20 or 21
- You can use equipment that can boost your stats, sometimes significantly
- You can equip overpowering perks when your skills raise.

There has been very little focus on RTTS being "realistic". All those items mentioned above will be part of RTTS in 2017 so why are we talking about realism? Shoot, they gave me 11,000 stubs for pre-ordering in addition to 40,000 I already had. Faced with the prospect of losing those points when I move to 17, I buffed my two RTTS players ridiculous amounts.

The only harm I see in keeping the ability to choose your team is you miss out on the "story" of the draft, scout day and the showcase. Once you hit the first day a spring training, then everyone is back on equal footing.

I am saying this as someone without a single RTTS player being on the cardinals right now. Someone who has gone the draft route several times. My main RTTS guys will be carried over so this won't amount to a big deal for me but I just don't see why they would remove the option. It will upset many RTTS players

Last edited by Dolenz; 03-19-2017 at 06:01 PM.
Old 03-19-2017, 06:06 PM   #15
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackball

"I refuse to play for the Hornets. Trade me to the Lakers or I'm not playing."
--Kobe Bryant, draft day, 1996

You wanted realism?
You got it.
And you're still not happy.

Be careful what you wish for.

John Elway basically picked his team back in the day,lol, as he told the Colts dont draft me, they did anyway, and he refused to play for them.

Eli Manning told the Chargers not to draft him, because he didnt want to play for them, they drafted him anyway, then made the trade to the Giants.

In baseball players in the draft at times tell a team not to draft them as well as times. Also if your foreign you can pretty much pick your team, because your not in the draft, which is the stupidest thing Ive ever heard of, that a foreigner can get more money being signed by a team than a citizen of our nation, because our players have to enter the draft.

I dont really play RTTS anymore as I stick with franchise only, but they really shouldnt have taken the option of picking your own team out. I know back in the day if I had decided to enter the MLB draft, I would have told all California teams, and Chicago teams, dont draft me

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2017, 06:19 PM   #16
MVP

Trackball's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseIH
John Elway basically picked his team back in the day,lol, as he told the Colts dont draft me, they did anyway, and he refused to play for them.

Eli Manning told the Chargers not to draft him, because he didnt want to play for them, they drafted him anyway, then made the trade to the Giants.
That's my point. You'll come off as a complete jerk if you do that.

And to their credit, that's EXACTLY what Sony San Diego is doing with Pave Your Path--if you talk to the team on the phone and say you didn't want to play for them, they'll be furious at having wasted a pick on an ungrateful jerk like you, and every other team will now be wary of drafting you.

Big props to the devs and writers for putting that in. It's one reason I'm so looking forward to RTTS this year--I'm even thinking of making a dynasty thread on it.

(Side note: I really, really want to agree with you on California and Chicago teams...but that would move the discussion to something that really doesn't belong on this board.)

As for being able to spend stubs on the character, that's ALSO my point.
People want to have it both ways. You can't.
You don't HAVE to spend stubs on training points. You can always progress naturally.
But because you have the OPTION to do so, now we have to make the mode into full-blown fantasy stuff? It can only be either MLB Slugfest or roguelike-permadeath?

...That being said, in the interest of full disclosure, I do admit to always keeping 1,000 stubs on hand in case I need to heal what would be a season/career-ending injury. I've never had to use such yet, but still.

Last edited by Trackball; 03-19-2017 at 06:26 PM. Reason: Didn't realize a certain word was auto-censored, so I changed it

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »