Home

MLB The Show 17 Impressions

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 17 Impressions within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-28-2017, 03:20 AM   #881
MVP

GoDucks1224's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 17 Impressions

Dunno where else to post this so, screw it lol.

Excuse the obvious ‘phone to tv’ picture but look at the launch angle. It was a dinky wall scraper when it landed obviously, right at the railing. But wow haha. I’ve never had one go so.. Straight up in the air. Mike Napoli vs Corey Kluber.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2017, 08:57 AM   #882
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoDucks1224

Dunno where else to post this so, screw it lol.

Excuse the obvious ‘phone to tv’ picture but look at the launch angle. It was a dinky wall scraper when it landed obviously, right at the railing. But wow haha. I’ve never had one go so.. Straight up in the air. Mike Napoli vs Corey Kluber.
It looks like the St.Louis arch...

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 11-28-2017, 02:32 PM   #883
MVP

GoDucks1224's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
It looks like the St.Louis arch...

Hahaha. Yeah it does. I didn’t even think about that.
Old 11-29-2017, 04:05 PM   #884
Rookie

I'm playing rtts as a starting pitcher, got called up to the majors fast with the Indians, got the cy young and won rookie of the Year, they offered me a 1 year 1 million dollar contract. I came back and said 1 year l 500k. They got pissed so i signed for a mil. Wanted to save them money to sign players. Did rhis this hapoend to anyone else?
Old 12-10-2017, 02:16 PM   #885
Rookie

Power hitters bunting

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2017, 10:10 AM   #886
Rookie

tanman05851's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHEAPBEERFAN83
I'm playing rtts as a starting pitcher, got called up to the majors fast with the Indians, got the cy young and won rookie of the Year, they offered me a 1 year 1 million dollar contract. I came back and said 1 year l 500k. They got pissed so i signed for a mil. Wanted to save them money to sign players. Did rhis this hapoend to anyone else?
Has it ever been stated by SDS that your salary in RTTS(as opposed to other modes) means anything especially in regards to signing other players?It would seem logical but that means nothing.
Old 12-11-2017, 05:11 PM   #887
MVP

forme95's Arena

Great game. So great unless they make a drastic change to 18, I will probably just keep 17.

My only issue with this game is wild pitches and 30 team control.
Ive been keeping real close track of stats, gameplay, and pitches that should be just pitches in the dirt. Catcher dropping balls right in front of him and a runner with a speed of 23 advances with no issues. No runner even speed of 99 would run. The wild pitch would be accurate if true wild pitches counted as wild pitches, pitches in the dirt were just that and more passed balls counted as passed balls. They would also be realistically accurate.

30 team control is just ridiculous unless you do exactly that, control ALL 30 teams and the minor teams. Every aspect of every lineup, rotation, trade, injury, and everything else. Their is absolutely no logic by the AI. Its consuming enough to control my 3 (MLB,AAA,AA) teams and personal and decisions, let alone have to do it for every other team and the minor teams. Players get injured and the AI calls up a pitcher just an example, leaving 1, 2 or 3 players on the bench and having the bullpen full instead of releasing a unneeded pitcher and getting a position they actually need. The AI is to pitcher needed logic. A pitcher gets injured and instead of bringing up a SP they just replace the SP with a 25 stamina RP to be a starter......... Its that kind of dumb logic that kills this game. So instead of just dealing with what is going on in your team, you have to go through each team and then the minors to keep everything straight and in order to keep things realistic. It very frustrating. Some of it you can just ignore and it is what it is, but some of it, just makes you want to pull your hair out.

Instead of worrying about DD and online blah, and what new fangled arcade thing can we put in the game, just give us the same game and improve AI management logic. A lot more fans of the game would love that then some gimmick (retro mode) added for a 30 sec WOW factor.

Again, this really is a great game. I love the ball physics, the in game play (for the most part, except the AI management), the graphics, offline play will always be tops, the animations, and the ability of what I can personal management of my team.

CPU AI management is the key to make this a over the top game.

Franchise SIM is dead. Find your favorite iterations and play it forever. Card games are whats "now" and games will cater in that direction and forget realism.

Just have fun and play :)
Old 01-22-2018, 12:43 PM   #888
Banned

BucksInSix's Arena

Here I am in Mid-January still playing 1-2 games a night of my Show Franchise. Just last night I seen another new hit type while facing Dexter Fowler. The ball had so much top spin it looked like a typical liner to CF, instead it took a hard downward turn left and dumped into the gap. I’ve seen balls with top spin, but nothing that violent. The wild pitch problem, and less than accurate jersey colors/front numbers aside. I love this game, and see myself playing it up to release of 18.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »