Home

How do franchise budgets work this year?

This is a discussion on How do franchise budgets work this year? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-28-2017, 06:46 PM   #105
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: How do franchise budgets work this year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brabes2
Can someone explain to me how I am in the black with cash flow and have $130MM of cash in the bank, yet when I try to sign coaches or players it tells me that I have insufficient funds? It doesn't make sense to me. I thought baseball didn't have a salary cap. My only "big" moves are signing Miguel Sanó to a 7yr/$130MM deal and Byron Buxton to a 5yr/$70MM deal. I think my total payroll is sitting around $125MM.

What is the date? Do you have arb hearings scheduled?

And how did you get £130mil in the bank?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2017, 06:47 PM   #106
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
My only concern is whether or not big-name free agents sit in free agency in franchise. I run 30-team control so I'm hoping I can fix it if they do.

Any reports on your progress? Have you gone through an offseason yet?

Old 06-29-2017, 05:00 PM   #107
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtwilli4
What is the date? Do you have arb hearings scheduled?

And how did you get £130mil in the bank?!?

It happened after the first day when I resigned my own players. After all of the guys I had offers out to signed, and I went into a different screen (ie. Sign Coaches; Resign Players; Sign Free Agents) it would say that I couldn't make any more offers due to insufficient funds. After being frustrated trying to figure out why I couldn't sign a manager or any coaches or players I ended up spending a bunch of stubs on franchise budget boosts and got my bank up to $130MM..Still can't spend a dime of it though..
Old 07-01-2017, 02:50 PM   #108
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
It happened after the first day when I resigned my own players. After all of the guys I had offers out to signed, and I went into a different screen (ie. Sign Coaches; Resign Players; Sign Free Agents) it would say that I couldn't make any more offers due to insufficient funds. After being frustrated trying to figure out why I couldn't sign a manager or any coaches or players I ended up spending a bunch of stubs on franchise budget boosts and got my bank up to $130MM..Still can't spend a dime of it though..
As far as I know, if you buy extra budget during the offseason it doesn't become available to use until the following offseason so if you think you might need the extra money you need to go into the offseason with it already in the bank. And as far as I can tell, any extra you have at the end of the offseason just disappears when you start the new season. The first time I purchased extra budget I ended the offseason with cash flow of $2.5 million per week and started the next season with -$600K per week.
Old 07-05-2017, 11:47 AM   #109
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
What does your 40 man look like? Where i have seen this in past iterations of the game was when teams only had 28-35 men on the 40-man roster and wanted to blow most of their available budget on a big name. I haven't played through off-season in 2017 yet.
Old 08-24-2017, 01:44 AM   #110
Just started!

Did anyone answer you? I purchased $40mil budget with stubs, and it's just sitting there, I can't sign anymore players because of my weekly budget... so what was the point?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »