Home

How do franchise budgets work this year?

This is a discussion on How do franchise budgets work this year? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-29-2017, 11:23 AM   #1
Rookie

MLBfanatic97's Arena

OVR: 0
How do franchise budgets work this year?

I know that they switched to cash flow and a bank this year. You make a certain amount of money per week and it gets put into your bank. I get that part. But I got to the end of the year after the world series, and my bank is back to the base of $5M but my cash flow is up to $2.9M/week from around $1.1M/week. I'm assuming that's supposed to happen, but does anyone know if that's for sure how it works?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2017, 12:59 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: How do franchise budgets work this year?

I noticed this as well and would like to know how to it works, too. I'm going to do another sim tonight and see if I'm missing something.
Old 03-29-2017, 01:36 PM   #3
MVP

zippy2212's Arena

OVR: 8

I'm not a huge fan of this change, at least until it's explained or I figure it out better. I have a personal goal of keeping my payroll under the luxury tax threshold. So far I can't find a screen that shows me my total payroll. I can see what it is per week but not the annual amount. I have to look at several different screens and get my calculator out to add up my player, coaches and scout salaries to get an annual amount. Unless I'm missing something.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 03-29-2017, 02:26 PM   #4
Rookie

MLBfanatic97's Arena

OVR: 0

Go to the scouts contracts screen, in the bottom left it shows the total payroll overall
Quote:
Originally Posted by zippy2212
I have to look at several different screens and get my calculator out to add up my player, coaches and scout salaries to get an annual amount. Unless I'm missing something.
Old 03-29-2017, 03:41 PM   #5
MVP

zippy2212's Arena

Thank you. I'll check that out. I wish they would have included it in the budget section. It seems like a weird thing not to be listed since they have the luxury tax shown as a yearly number.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2017, 08:58 AM   #6
Rookie

After doing an additional sim last night, I found that whatever you accumulate in the bank really means nothing as it just resets to $5 million for the next season. I'm not sure how the weekly cash flow gets generated the next year, but it certainly didn't take in to account what I had in the bank the previous the year.

This is rather disappointing as they went over this "feature" in the stream as if it had changed, but the budget is really the same as last year - they just present the financial situation on a weekly basis.
Old 03-30-2017, 10:12 AM   #7
MVP

So you can't sign anyone for more than 5 million?? Thats going to be a game killer.
Old 03-30-2017, 10:57 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaxseed Oil
So you can't sign anyone for more than 5 million?? Thats going to be a game killer.
You can sign someone over $5 million. The $5 million is in your bank which fluctuates depending on your weekly cash flow. The budget is broken down weekly this year rather than annually.

It was a nice idea, but I don't really understand what they were trying to accomplish if the bank just resets the next year. We'll just have to assume every team has greedy owners and they pocket the extra bank.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »