Home

Early Impressions of MLB The Show 17

This is a discussion on Early Impressions of MLB The Show 17 within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-29-2017, 06:52 PM   #25
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Early Impressions of MLB The Show 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebard
So far just ok. Way too many cut scenes (is there a way to turn those off) during games.
Yeah, just change the Presentation options.

I personally have it set at Broadcast because I want the presentation to feel as much like a real MLB broadcast as possible.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2017, 08:08 AM   #26
Rookie

atomo's Arena

OVR: 0
IMHO it's a very nice game (ball physics are perfect and new animations are really cool) . But if you want to play all timers, old teams, simulate legends game... That kind of experience is not allowed to all timers fan like me (and I am not alone, we are a lot for sure).

There's is my short list of things that can improve this game a lot and that aren't hard to do:

- All the brands you want. You cannot pay the rights? don't worry, editable logos then. Pro Evolution Soccer has had this feature since its very beginning, so it cannot be so hard.

- Editable helmets... In MLB 17 (13, 14, 15 and 16 too) everyone has to play with the same model (I know... except you create a player). What is the reason you aren't fixing this bug yet? Less immersive aspect of the game.

-Retired numbers c'mon! I want to simulate! ie: his name is Hank Aaron, plays for the Braves, #45... why...? Let's do it ala MLB 12 The Show, where you could use the retired number for simulations, where name and lastname matched.

- Some quirks must be editable (day/night, pickoff, etc)

- Classic uniforms. The addition of the classic alternate green A's jersey, the O's cap with the entire oriole, the Astros uniform from the 1990's, Expos unis... Brooklyn Dodgers, Milwaukee Braves... would be awesome.

- Audios for names/lastnames. Where are Yastremzki, Ichiro, Ripken, Mazeroski, etc?

- Suggestion: Editable text or awards for each player to be shown. MVP, CYA, GG, SS... etc. It's nice to read it when batter comes at bat or when introducing field positions.
Old 03-30-2017, 08:48 AM   #27
MVP

I couldn't agree more about the above mentioned helmet issue as well as retired numbers. I only play with classics rosters and hate seeing Graig Nettles not #9 or Bernie Carbo not #1.
Old 03-30-2017, 11:02 AM   #28
87%

ty5oke's Arena

OVR: 25
Good list of things Atomo. Gameplay is still amazing and even better with ball physics but nothing else is getting me excited so far. Franchise mode is a big let down for me.
Old 03-30-2017, 12:00 PM   #29
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebpmd
I couldn't agree more about the above mentioned helmet issue as well as retired numbers. I only play with classics rosters and hate seeing Graig Nettles not #9 or Bernie Carbo not #1.

Been saying this for years. Nettles was my fave player as a kid. I create him every year and have to give him like #99. If you's have to tie it to the specific player i.e. Babe Ruth is #3, you couldn't do Nettles. #9 is Maris. They might have retired it again ala #8, until that book came out.
Oh well.

Last edited by Gymbo3959; 03-30-2017 at 12:12 PM.
Old 03-30-2017, 12:22 PM   #30
MVP

Why not prevent current players from wearing retired numbers but allow them for created players? Then current rosters would adhere to the retired numbers while we would still be able to use them for the classic rosters. Or fir each teams retired numbers have a list of the 5 or so top players to wear that number and allow a created player with one of those names to wear that number. I'm trying to understand the reasoning behind not allowing the use of retired numbers? If they don't want a current Yankee to wear #9 why would they want Nettlrs to wear anything but #9? It is a game, allow us to have fun with it! Baseball above all other games is a game of history, allow us to accurately recreate baseballs history. That includes jersey numbers, jerseys, division/league alignment, ballparks and playoff format. NBA2k does a nice job of that. I'm hoping one day MLB will expand upon that? Classic rosters are about immersion into that season/era. Just give us the tools to recreate it. We'll do the rest.
Old 03-30-2017, 12:23 PM   #31
Banned

BDrizz's Arena

I am really struggling with the CAF face creator. I cannot create a face that looks like it deserves to be in the game. And the new Eye Engine or build or whatever...I think the eyes look more like painted ping pong balls than I have in any other version... This game is such a step forward for the franchise that it is alarming to me how the face and eye features feel so out of place.... To me..... Just my $0.02
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2017, 12:39 PM   #32
MVP

Just a thought regarding retired numbers??? Why not prevent rosters with retired numbers from being uploaded and shared... but allow individuals the option of changing the numbers and using retired numbers for offline play? So then if I choose to make Nettles #9 for my offline created roster/season... no one knows?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »