Home

Found NEW BUNT Cheese! Smh. NEEDs TO BE PATCHED

This is a discussion on Found NEW BUNT Cheese! Smh. NEEDs TO BE PATCHED within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-24-2017, 03:00 AM   #9
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Found NEW BUNT Cheese! Smh. NEEDs TO BE PATCHED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
I only bunt for a hit , regardless of situation, with a high bunt rated player.

Semi house rule I guess.

Oh, you don't know how many times I've wanted to get back at the CPU and cheese the crap out of them for all the sacrifices and suicide squeezes they've done on me this year. But that rant is for another time and place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2020: 52-39
Old 04-24-2017, 08:27 AM   #10
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greencollarbaseball
You could also just not cheese the CPU. It would probably take a tremendous amount of work to set the CPU up to react to the tendencies from human players.

Would it be awesome to have the CPU change how they play chase headley, or anyone for that matter, after he lays down a bunt on their shift, hell yeah it would. It would also be awesome to have dynamic spray charts, but somethings are really really complicated to program.

The biggest problem is being able to put the ball in play with anyone. That's the biggest one. And that should be easier to fix than having to change (Program) the computer's defensive tendencies.

They should make the low rated bunters miss way more and foul the ball way more often.

All this tells me is that bunt ratings don't matter and that I don't have to worry about increasing my Road to the Show Player's bunt ratings because I will be able to lay down a bunt regardless of the rating.
Old 04-24-2017, 08:32 AM   #11
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razeart2422
The biggest problem is being able to put the ball in play with anyone. That's the biggest one. And that should be easier to fix than having to change (Program) the computer's defensive tendencies.

They should make the low rated bunters miss way more and foul the ball way more often.

All this tells me is that bunt ratings don't matter and that I don't have to worry about increasing my Road to the Show Player's bunt ratings because I will be able to lay down a bunt regardless of the rating.

I definitely agree with that. For me this would be especially useful if the CPU was tuned. Late in the game when they need it the most, they lay down perfect sacrifice bunts that they beat out more often than not.

2020: 52-39
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2017, 01:16 PM   #12
MVP

underdog13's Arena

I've had practically no success bunting this year. I'd like to get a sac bunt down that doesn't turn into a force at 2nd.
Old 04-24-2017, 01:23 PM   #13
Rookie

I was going to leave a video of headley doing exactly what you are complaining about. I do not have enough posts to do so.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Old 04-24-2017, 03:16 PM   #14
ML
MVP

ML's Arena

OVR: 4

Not saying it should happen every single time you bunt but it's definitely possible for a player to beat the shift via a bunt, albeit this one was literally perfect.

For the record Schwarbo has a 27 bunt rating in-game.

Last edited by ML; 04-24-2017 at 03:19 PM.
Old 04-24-2017, 03:18 PM   #15
MVP

mikeq672's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesamurair
I was going to leave a video of headley doing exactly what you are complaining about. I do not have enough posts to do so.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Oh well if Chase Headley bunted once then he would definitely be able to bunt every single time without fail over multiple games. People constantly try to make arguments this way and it is completely illogical. Please stop.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2017, 03:24 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greencollarbaseball
I've also noticed that since I've turned off auto-shift the CPU rarely overshifts against me. I thought that was just supposed to be for my team, but whatever. They'll still do situational shifts though, the coolest one I've seen this year is guarding the lines in close late game situations.

You might try that as another possible solution to your problem.

It varies by team/manager. Some teams will shift a lot while others are more traditional. That might be why you're seeing a difference in the overshift frequency.

If you pay attention to the defensive alignment presentation at the beginning of the game the commentators will sometimes call out that team's tendency.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »