Home

MLB The Show 17 Patch 1.04 Available Now, Patch Notes Included

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 17 Patch 1.04 Available Now, Patch Notes Included within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2017, 08:57 PM   #465
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: MLB The Show 17 Patch 1.04 Available Now, Patch Notes Included

One thing that surprised me was all the times Ramone said they wouldn't/couldn't patch stadium assets because they were too big. Last year there were a few stadiums with the wrong distances on the walls that they said they couldn't patch. Wonder if they changed the way they were implemented, or if they just chose not to fix them last year and gave a canned response.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2017, 09:12 PM   #466
MVP

Lisac's Arena

OVR: 0

Cardinals Scoreboard still can't read names on board during night games
Old 04-26-2017, 09:43 PM   #467
MVP

OVR: 6

Autobaserunning, which was still broken pre-patch, is now more broken post-patch. Runners are randomly stopping after hits and it is occurring with an alarming frequency now. It cost me runs in two straight games. While I like that you can control the auto baserunners more, it just isn't working consistently. Until SDS fixes, I wish they would go back to '15 version.

Last edited by knich; 04-26-2017 at 09:56 PM.
Old 04-26-2017, 09:49 PM   #468
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by knich
Autobaserunning, which was still broken, pre-patch is now more broken post-patch. Runners are randomly stopping after hits and it is occurring with an alarming frequency now. It cost me runs in two straight games. While I like that you can control the auto baserunners more, it just isn't working consistently. Until SDS fixes, I wish they would go back to '15 version.
I just had Austin Jackson stop at 2nd base off a double by Lindor in the gap. Both runners standing on 2nd base smh..I was holding L1 even and he wouldn't move!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Operation Sports mobile app

https://www.youtube.com/DarthRambo
Old 04-26-2017, 09:53 PM   #469
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSalsa
Yes hitting just felt a whole hell of a lot better pre patch. Lowering power and wind down to 3 fixed homerun issue.

The wind being the biggest factor as I noticed 10mph wind in game moving the ball as if it were 20-25mph winds. Lowering wind slider has greatly reduced homeruns and possibly homerun distances to a lesser extent.

They need to revert the ball velocity off the bat back to what it was before, fix bat sounds back as well. I've never seen a patch from SDS cause other major issues in game before so giving them the benefit of the doubt but cmon...those two things were fine pre patch and now they are a huge game flaw now.
Last year big problem with baserunning after patch. Problem is still there for autobaserunning

Quote:
Originally Posted by badflounder
This patch really is a step backwards IMO. The issues I've noticed so far:

- Definite frame rate drops compared to pre-patch on PS4 Pro (on all modes; 4k, some improvements, and high frame rate). 4K has always sucked with this year's game, but high frame rate is now stuttery too. I'm gaming in HDR too FWIW.
- Numerous RTTS presentation bugs which I didn't notice before: Division standings wrong during presentation, described as NL West but showed NL East standings, etc.
- Batted ball sound (obviously wrong now)
- Incorrect manager fielding requests.....SS told to cover 3B Drag, etc.

The big issue for me is the framerate. It is super annoying that now even the high frame rate option is stuttery. Just unacceptable, and it's noticeably different than before the patch.
4k definitely needs work but the enhanced is smoother for me.
Old 04-26-2017, 09:55 PM   #470
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSalsa
I just had Austin Jackson stop at 2nd base off a double by Lindor in the gap. Both runners standing on 2nd base smh..I was holding L1 even and he wouldn't move!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Operation Sports mobile app
Yep..one example. Before patch I was getting baserunners freeze couple times a game. Now they freeze 8-10 times a game and always at worst times.
Old 04-26-2017, 10:16 PM   #471
Rookie

OVR: 0

Fully aware that power was a little off pre patch however, this is a video game. I know we all want it to be as realistic as possible to a certain extent but I also enjoy the fact that the skill level of the human user's input will allow players to do things(have incredible seasons hitting, 70 HRS/ 77 HRS) that they may never have in real life. If all we want are exact replicas of real life we might as well just watch a baseball game in real life(which I do plenty of) or let the CPU play every game and just watch. The greatness of a video game is that you can use your own skills in that game to produce outcomes we don't see in real life. Graphically things should be as accurate as possible but you have to allow for a user to achieve incredible things. If power is too much adjust sliders. With this patch power seems to have been turned too far down. Was in month 2 of my franchise and now numbers do not match as far as production from month to month. I know that's normal but there is a huge drop off now. Also the ball sounds very weird off the bat now. I play this game for hours everyday and it was the first thing I noticed after the patch, that is until I continuously squared up high fastballs only to hit soft liners to short or fly balls to straight away left, center and right. I know everyone has their own opinion and not stepping on anyone's opinion, I just was happy with the gameplay as it was. All of the visual updates were wanted and excellent, just wish the hitting part of gameplay was left alone. Hopefully they will tweak it to get it somewhat back to the way it was.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2017, 11:05 PM   #472
Banned

b22gamer's Arena

OVR: 7
still having issues with the server. I lost 2 games today because I could not return runners to their respective bases. Getting to a point where I may need to shelve the game until it gets the care it deserves.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »