Home

Found NEW BUNT Cheese! Smh. NEEDs TO BE PATCHED

This is a discussion on Found NEW BUNT Cheese! Smh. NEEDs TO BE PATCHED within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-24-2017, 12:42 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0

So i decided to play 3 back to back games to see If i can win just by bunting. All I did was bunt with every batter. The answer to that question is no but I have figured out that when the fielding shift is set to extreme right (which is always set against Headley by the cpu) and you get a successful bunt with a guy like Chase Headley against the computer you will be safe to first every single time.

The fact that i can successfully lay a bunt down every time with a guy like Chase Headley who has a Bunt & Drag Bunt rating of 25 is ridiculous. This shows that they didnt test bunting enough. There is no reason why i should be able to go 3 for 4 with Chase Headley just by bunting because the computer is not smart enough to shift back to a normal defense.

Also i noticed that i was able to lay down a bunt successfully wayyyyyy toooo often with guys rated in the 20's in bunting. What I mean by successful bunt is the fact that you can put the ball in to play so often with guys rated so low in bunting. There should be more foul balls occurring by guys who have low bunt ratings and more foul balls for bunting in general.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2017, 12:50 AM   #2
MVP

Trackball's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Found NEW BUNT Cheese! Smh. NEEDs TO BE PATCHED

That's how you beat the shift.

In real life.
Old 04-24-2017, 12:51 AM   #3
Banned

It doesn't matter if a guy is rated in the 20's or high 70's to 80's at bunting in MLB 17 because they can all put the ball in play. Which makes no sense. Bunting is difficult in baseball not every player can put the ball in to play as often as you can in this game.

There is no difference between having a guy like Gardner or a Chase Headley at the plate with a man on first because you can put the ball in to play with ease, with both. Makes absolutely no sense.

The point of having a good bunter at the plate with a man on first is so that the guy who is considered a good bunter can just move the guy on first to second. But in MLB 17 you can move a guy from first to second with a bunt with anyone.
Old 04-24-2017, 12:52 AM   #4
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

I can usually lay bunts down with pitchers easy in sac situations, if they throw it down the middle fast ball it's a easy sac bunt, the only time I have trouble is if the CPU is smart enough to pitch outside the stikezone then I miss.

bunting and getting to 1st base though isn't as easy as last year. the fielders are more faster to react
Old 04-24-2017, 12:56 AM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackball
That's how you beat the shift.

In real life.
Yes but in the game the computer doesn't adjust it. Every time Chase Headley is up to bat they have an extreme shift to the right. I did this every at bat for 3 straight games and they never got the idea to change their defense back to normal. They left their defense on extreme right every time I came up to bat with Chase Headley who is a 25 rated Bunter. I should not be able to lay down a bunt so easily with him. There needs to be more foul balls on bunts with guys rated so low in bunting and way less bunts put in to play. There is no difference between a good bunter and a bad one in this game because they can all put the ball in to play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2017, 02:14 AM   #6
Pro

You could also just not cheese the CPU. It would probably take a tremendous amount of work to set the CPU up to react to the tendencies from human players.

Would it be awesome to have the CPU change how they play chase headley, or anyone for that matter, after he lays down a bunt on their shift, hell yeah it would. It would also be awesome to have dynamic spray charts, but somethings are really really complicated to program.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2020: 52-39
Old 04-24-2017, 02:47 AM   #7
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greencollarbaseball
You could also just not cheese the CPU. It would probably take a tremendous amount of work to set the CPU up to react to the tendencies from human players.

Would it be awesome to have the CPU change how they play chase headley, or anyone for that matter, after he lays down a bunt on their shift, hell yeah it would. It would also be awesome to have dynamic spray charts, but somethings are really really complicated to program.

I only bunt for a hit , regardless of situation, with a high bunt rated player.
Semi house rule I guess.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 04-24-2017, 02:56 AM   #8
Pro

I've also noticed that since I've turned off auto-shift the CPU rarely overshifts against me. I thought that was just supposed to be for my team, but whatever. They'll still do situational shifts though, the coolest one I've seen this year is guarding the lines in close late game situations.

You might try that as another possible solution to your problem.

2020: 52-39

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »