Home

New MLB The Show 18 Trailer!

This is a discussion on New MLB The Show 18 Trailer! within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-17-2018, 02:08 PM   #49
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: New MLB The Show 18 Trailer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWarmWind
Yeah I'd keep my expectations for the franchise stream extremely low.

Whatever ****** is, it's probably going to be the only new thing outside of what was already mentioned added to Franchise. My first guess was trades (expanded trade system, with more than three slots per team, maybe with money added in as well) since that would help out with the trade deadline prep feature, but with the picture they put up for franchise mode, it could also mean travel, like how in 12 you could decide how your team traveled. Planes cost more money but buses had a recovery debuff.
Those asterisks have already been solved I think. You may have missed some chatter, but "phases" is almost certainly the addition to franchise mode that is blotted out with asterisks. Phases seems to be a way to sim/proceed through the season/offseason in a more organized way. In itself that seems quite useless to me, but if phases comes along with some refinement to the sign posts themselves (scouting, draft, trade deadline, waiver deadline, September call ups, free agency), then it might actually be something worthwhile instead of simply another way to play less/go faster through the mode.
Old 02-17-2018, 02:09 PM   #50
Rookie

Circle the Wagons's Arena

OVR: 0

As long as they didn't remove the quick manage mode I'm okay with this. Quick manage was the only one of these time savings modes that I've enjoyed.
Old 02-17-2018, 02:29 PM   #51
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circle the Wagons
As long as they didn't remove the quick manage mode I'm okay with this. Quick manage was the only one of these time savings modes that I've enjoyed.
Yes, love how this was implemented. If you're in a rush good way to get thru the game and there's still strategy involved.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-17-2018, 03:16 PM   #52
MVP

gman2774's Arena

OVR: 4

I wish they had a create a coach option similar to what Madden does.

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports
Old 02-18-2018, 12:21 PM   #53
Pro

MLB14's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
It's just marketing...doesn't really mean anything to me. 3 inning games are nothing new to anyone who's played DD, it's not like this took any of the precious development time that everyone seems to fret over if they extended it to an option in the whole game (that's not necessarily what they did, of course).
If I understood the trailer correctly, you can choose which 3 innings you want to play? If so that took development time.
Old 02-18-2018, 12:25 PM   #54
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLB14
If I understood the trailer correctly, you can choose which 3 innings you want to play? If so that took development time.
It only said "make the bottom of the 3rd the bottom of the 9th" - which is exactly what the existing 3-inning game logic does. AI teams will even use their closer in the 3rd if a save opportunity presents itself.
Old 02-18-2018, 12:32 PM   #55
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

I dont understand why they put the tagline ''every out matters'', then reduce 54 outs to 18. And what happens when the score is tied after 3? Because, you know, you dont have time to play more.

A Work in Progress
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-18-2018, 12:47 PM   #56
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulfield
I dont understand why they put the tagline ''every out matters'', then reduce 54 outs to 18. And what happens when the score is tied after 3? Because, you know, you dont have time to play more.
I would guess that they were trying to emphasize that in a 3 inning game, outs mean more because you only get 9 per game instead of 27, meaning your opportunities to score/win are less.

I would assume you would go extra innings and then if you're out of time, save the game, and pick it back up when you have time to play.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »