Home

MLB The Show 18 Video - Mark DeRosa Joins Commentary Team with Improved Presentation

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 18 Video - Mark DeRosa Joins Commentary Team with Improved Presentation within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-19-2018, 04:55 PM   #57
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Gamestop Monday #2: Presentation

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilliesFan13
Funny how last year at this time everyone complained about Harold Reynolds being in the game and this year everyone is complaining he is out. Interesting.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Nope, I loved Harold from the beginning, and I said as much when anyone dissed him. Dan was the weak link last year imo. I like him in real life, but his commentary sounded like he was just reading lines whereas Harold had a natural flow.
Old 02-19-2018, 05:00 PM   #58
MVP

tnixen's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 18 Video - Mark DeRosa Joins Commentary Team with Improved Presentat

Another small thing I wish SDS would change.

For post season games I wish the scorebug would say for example "NLDS, ALDS, WORLD SERIES Game 1 instead of just saying "POSTSEASON". Also "NLDS Game 2 PHILLIES LEAD 1-0"

And last but not least they should add real MLB Network in between inning batter due up overlay! I like that it shows what each batter has done so far on the day example Todd Frazier 1-2

I am a presentation nerd so these little things kind of bother me.

The real MLB Network has this so why is it not in MLB The Show 18?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 28168130.jpg (67.9 KB, 259 views)
File Type: jpg 28168131.jpg (92.7 KB, 262 views)
File Type: jpg 28168132.jpg (124.7 KB, 252 views)

Last edited by tnixen; 02-19-2018 at 05:17 PM.
Old 02-19-2018, 05:11 PM   #59
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

Re: MLB The Show 18 Video - Mark DeRosa Joins Commentary Team with Improved Presentat

I don't hold any hope for commentary at all, so not concerned about it sports games you just can't keep it fresh, it's the way it is in gaming. it's not possible unless it was updated weekly.

Presentation however looks great!
Old 02-19-2018, 05:12 PM   #60
Rookie

rockme71's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid 24
Anyone have a pic?
Here you go.
Attached Images
File Type: png adam-eaton-socks.PNG (79.2 KB, 250 views)
Old 02-19-2018, 05:14 PM   #61
Rookie

Dubya's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid 24
Anyone have a pic?

I do but it’s not letting me share it. It’s around 0:40 in the video when Turner meets him at the plate. Not sure if they’re Stance because no other player, as far as I know, has had Stance socks, but they’re definitely new and different.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2018, 05:17 PM   #62
Rookie

Belkbuzze's Arena

Re: Gamestop Monday #2: Presentation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
17 year old Anastasia Bryzgalova. Just kidding, she's 25... but I want to see you freak out.
https://www.instagram.com/a_nastasia92/?hl=fr

...For science
Old 02-19-2018, 05:17 PM   #63
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerDodger
I like what they've added but it's a bit limited if what is in the video is the full extent of the presentation improvements and I also enjoyed Reynolds more than any of the other commentators.

What I am/was really hoping for was a much more intense, explosive highlight reel of the big moments, fast paced with angles that get you excited - whether this is what they're describing in the video and what we will get, I have no idea. If you watch a real game you are less likely to see a full highlight (the ball being hit, flying through the air and into the stand) and more likely to see a rapid fire cut shot of each. Who knows, maybe that's what they've done. Sounds a bit picky, I know, but if you play a full 162 game season then repetition can become a pain so I was hoping for different pre-game intros especially with pre-game or post-game analysis from the booth.

I also wanted more stat overlays other than just the familiar batter walk-up nameplate and stats. Again, maybe they've added more and we just haven't seen them yet.
Totally agree about the highlight reel. It's been stale for years now.
Old 02-19-2018, 05:23 PM   #64
MVP

AUTiger1's Arena

OVR: 14
Not a fan of Harold Reynolds so I'm not sad to see him go, but I don't think Mark DeRosa was the right replacement. I honestly have never liked The Show's insistance on having a 3-man booth. It just doesn't flow well together. There could be a 1000 different lines recorded together but having the 3-man booth just muddles things. If I could have my dream booth I'd take someone like Brian Anderson (Brewers TV announcer) or Jim Powell (Braves radio announcer) and John Smoltz. That would be a great combination. I love listening to Anderson do playoff games for TBS and Smoltz is entertaining and insightful.

Now, as far as the video goes, the biggest thing that I liked that looked like new animation and physics was the Josh Donaldson broken bat chopper at 0:45. Also there was a new animation of a SS leaping to try to snag a liner. Both looked so much better than previous years.
Detroit Red Wings
Winnipeg Jets

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »