Home

MLB The Show 18 Video - Mark DeRosa Joins Commentary Team with Improved Presentation

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 18 Video - Mark DeRosa Joins Commentary Team with Improved Presentation within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-19-2018, 06:08 PM   #73
Pro

KingOfLanglade's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 18 Video - Mark DeRosa Joins Commentary Team with Improved Presentat

Quote:
Originally Posted by breakfastcat
Harold did fine reading lines. But the real important thing here is they are all recording together. That should be conducive to a more natural sounding conversation between the 3. Part of the reason it's always sounded so boring and sterile is because when they were recording lines, they'd have nothing and no one to naturally react to.

100% agree. However, I usually only listen to the commentary 1 out of every 5 games I play. Usually have MLB Network Radio in my ear while The Show plays through the sound bar with commentary off. Has somewhat kept me from predicting what they say before they even say it.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
"You can't sit on a lead and run a few plays into the line and just kill the clock. You've got to throw the ball over the damn plate and give the other man his chance. That's why baseball is the greatest game of them all." -Earl Weaver
Old 02-19-2018, 06:12 PM   #74
MVP

sportdan30's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: MLB The Show 18 Video - Mark DeRosa Joins Commentary Team with Improved Presentat

Wish we could get a different broadcast team for RTTS. It’s unrealistic to hear Matt V announce the minor league games.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 02-19-2018, 06:13 PM   #75
MVP

videobastard's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by breakfastcat
Anyone who thinks Mark DeRosa is boring and monotone clearly doesn't watch MLB Tonight.
Im talking about the in game voice. I stated that in my post. Its the same with matt v, his real life voice does not compare to his in game voice. The video game recordings have been poorly done. The one stand out being harold reynolds, with his recording sounding similar to his real life broadcast voice.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2018, 06:15 PM   #76
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

I think the biggest issue is there is no dynamics to the commentary

If the score is 15-0 in the 9th, with 2 outs and a home run is his to make it 15-0 they will always say 'hang on a minute it aint over yet they still have life in them'. when it really should say 'it's all but to late'

and if a miracle comeback did happen. their would be no mention of them saying 'holy cow back from 15-0 down can you believe it! it would just be a generic line thrown in.

and everytime they talk about a starting pitching they talk about "he has a ERA of XXXX, he is not doing so well' he has a ERA of 2! he is doing great!

same with averages. they never talk about other important stats like OBP or WHIp or even WAR
Old 02-19-2018, 06:16 PM   #77
Pro

They need to get this guy for next year.
Old 02-19-2018, 06:17 PM   #78
Rookie

Re: Gamestop Monday #2: Presentation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formula1Racing
Oh well, another year with turning off the commentary option in the game, what else is new!

Just wondering, what would make you happy with the commentary? Or at least turn it on? Not being confrontational, just curious as to what people are looking for.
Old 02-19-2018, 06:21 PM   #79
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCowse
Just wondering, what would make you happy with the commentary? Or at least turn it on? Not being confrontational, just curious as to what people are looking for.
I think what people are looking for simply can't be done., that would be to have weekly updated commentary lines.
Old 02-19-2018, 06:23 PM   #80
Rookie

grangdj77's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninertravel
I think what people are looking for simply can't be done., that would be to have weekly updated commentary lines.
Madden does it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »