Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2018, 11:08 AM   #9
Jedi Master

Rob_NYY's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Phases?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacong
do you honestly think there are "millions" of PS4 owners who don't connect to the internet? do you honestly think that a significant number of those "millions" play this game, a game which is played in vast majority by people from the USA, which reduces your sample size even further?
Yes, it is estimated that there are over 15 million PS4's in the United States that are not connected to the internet.

Who's to say how many of those people play The Show or not? They are not connected so there is no data. Whether it's 50 players, 500 players or 5,000 players, they are still playing hundreds, maybe thousands of games in Franchise mode and other offline modes that are not being counted. To just dismiss these players, like SDS is doing by only focusing on modes that are playing primarily online, is not right.
Old 03-21-2018, 11:08 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 0

Just so you guys know, if you are connected to the net, they use their own dev tools (telemetry data) to determine everything e.g. how many times people swing a bat or strike out, you don't have to upload anything, that is something they have to extract data, it is involuntary.

Horizon Zero Dawn dev released some telemetry stat tracking data. To show user activity.

Last edited by Impetuous65; 03-21-2018 at 11:38 AM.
Old 03-21-2018, 11:31 AM   #11
MVP

underdog13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessl
At the risk of being scolded for posting this again I played hundreds of hours in mlbts 17 franchise manage mode and I am unable to post on the "official" website. When I asked the moderator of that forum - who is an employee of San Diego Studios - he said the reason I can't post is because his data indicates I haven't play the game enough.

Try it for yourself. Go to the official website and see how many hours they have you listed as playing in franchise.

They underestimate the number of hours in franchise.
Maybe the data used for that and data used for comparing player hours is different

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2018, 12:35 PM   #12
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

Regardless how many play, hardcore franchise players are the minority. Phases is bringing out a much needed facelift and hopefully will bring more players in which would be a win win for anyone.
Old 03-21-2018, 01:14 PM   #13
MVP

HypoLuxa13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_NYY
Yes, it is estimated that there are over 15 million PS4's in the United States that are not connected to the internet.
source? That seems really high. As of December 2017, they have sold 70 million worldwide(1). 15 million in the US alone to not be connected to the internet?

(1) Polygon.com, 12/7/2017
Old 03-21-2018, 01:18 PM   #14
MVP

Dolenz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessl
Try it for yourself. Go to the official website and see how many hours they have you listed as playing in franchise.

They underestimate the number of hours in franchise.

I have said it before. On the website the hours don't roll over to days. They just reset to 00:00

I checked this a few nights ago and the hours and minutes showed correctly but for DD and Franchise it cut off days. the website shows that I have 21 hours and 55 minutes in DD but if I check on the PS4 it is actually 6 days, 21 hours, and 55 minutes.
Old 03-21-2018, 03:06 PM   #15
Rookie

Vmascarello's Arena

I like Phases because after playing Franchise for a couple months. You start to appreciate a clean and well organized mode.

With the displays looking clean and the player models bigger with better detail on the matchup screen, I think this is the stuff that I'll enjoy all year. I loved last years game, but as time went on I wasn't a big fan of the way it was set up. Especially the dark blue background without really anything eye-catching and engaging.

I feel like the the new interface along with Phases will be more appreciated as time wears on. And people get over the fact that a feature they were hoping for didn't make the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2018, 03:08 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
Regardless how many play, hardcore franchise players are the minority. Phases is bringing out a much needed facelift and hopefully will bring more players in which would be a win win for anyone.
How do other players starting play franchise mode a win for me? That facelift is basically just slapping a new coat of paint on everything. So now I have to go figure out where the same stuff I already do is. Awesome.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »