Home
Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2018, 03:43 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 4
Phases?

Is this really a feature? I mean this is basically just being told what any decent franchise player already knows. Are there any other changes to the mode? Seems like offline franchise never receives any love. There are so many things that need to be improved in franchise mode and we get phases and retro mode??

I would of been happy if no new features were added and instead trading, contracts, scouting, and stats had been improved.

Of course I'll still buy it because of the new gameplay additions but franchise is getting really stale to someone who doesn't play any other sports game and plays multiple seasons per year. I was really hopeful this was going to be the year for some big improvements/changes to the mode because, well, there haven't been any for a long time.

Last edited by MattP598; 03-21-2018 at 03:54 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2018, 04:58 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Phases?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattP598
Is this really a feature? I mean this is basically just being told what any decent franchise player already knows. Are there any other changes to the mode? Seems like offline franchise never receives any love. There are so many things that need to be improved in franchise mode and we get phases and retro mode??

I would of been happy if no new features were added and instead trading, contracts, scouting, and stats had been improved.

Of course I'll still buy it because of the new gameplay additions but franchise is getting really stale to someone who doesn't play any other sports game and plays multiple seasons per year. I was really hopeful this was going to be the year for some big improvements/changes to the mode because, well, there haven't been any for a long time.
They're thinking that many players who currently have trouble with the mode will be empowered with this new feature. Apparently they have reason to believe there are a ton of those people out there, and that the people who loved the mode for years and are just looking for a couple new features are demanding too much and are not a significant market.

I have no doubt people out there will appreciate these new PHASES, but there is QUITE a bit of backlash on the internet to the way they rolled out a 2 hr live stream to tell us virtually nothing had been done for previous fans.
Old 03-21-2018, 10:02 AM   #3
MVP

Everything in phases was already in the game. It appears to be a way to get players who previously played exclusively the arcade modes interested in franchise by simplifying everything for them.

I continue to believe they underestimate the number of people who play franchise and instead of making the mode deeper they do this stuff and in the process alienate some of the people who currently use franchise.
Old 03-21-2018, 10:23 AM   #4
MVP

Dolenz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessl
I continue to believe they underestimate the number of people who play franchise and instead of making the mode deeper they do this stuff and in the process alienate some of the people who currently use franchise.
I highly doubt that. They obviously have stats on how many games are played in each mode because they have given out those numbers the last few years.

Plus everybody's profile logs how much time they spend in each mode of the game. SDS, I would hope, could simply query how many people have > 0 hours in franchise. Or better yet > 10 hours since many DD players jumped in franchise just long enough to accomplish the mission that was attached to the mode in 17.

Last edited by Dolenz; 03-21-2018 at 10:31 AM.
Old 03-21-2018, 10:35 AM   #5
Jedi Master

Rob_NYY's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolenz
I highly doubt that. They obviously have stats on how many games are played in each mode because they have given out those numbers the last few years.
The issue with those numbers are that they get their data from people connected to the internet. Of course the ONLINE mode DD is going to have the most players. How do they account for the millions of people who have a PS4 that is not connected to the internet? Those offline players who have The Show surely aren't playing DD, they are playing Franchise and other offline modes and since their PS4s aren't connected to the internet, their "games played" and "time spent" stats in those modes don't get counted.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2018, 10:39 AM   #6
Rookie

Bacong's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_NYY
The issue with those numbers are that they get their data from people connected to the internet. Of course the ONLINE mode DD is going to have the most players. How do they account for the millions of people who have a PS4 that is not connected to the internet? Those offline players who have The Show surely aren't playing DD, they are playing Franchise and other offline modes and since their PS4s aren't connected to the internet, their "games played" and "time spent" stats in those modes don't get counted.
do you honestly think there are "millions" of PS4 owners who don't connect to the internet? do you honestly think that a significant number of those "millions" play this game, a game which is played in vast majority by people from the USA, which reduces your sample size even further?
Old 03-21-2018, 11:03 AM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolenz

Plus everybody's profile logs how much time they spend in each mode of the game. SDS, I would hope, could simply query how many people have > 0 hours in franchise. Or better yet > 10 hours since many DD players jumped in franchise just long enough to accomplish the mission that was attached to the mode in 17.
At the risk of being scolded for posting this again I played hundreds of hours in mlbts 17 franchise manage mode and I am unable to post on the "official" website. When I asked the moderator of that forum - who is an employee of San Diego Studios - he said the reason I can't post is because his data indicates I haven't play the game enough.

Try it for yourself. Go to the official website and see how many hours they have you listed as playing in franchise.

They underestimate the number of hours in franchise.

Last edited by tessl; 03-21-2018 at 11:05 AM.
Old 03-21-2018, 11:07 AM   #8
MVP

Dolenz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessl
At the risk of being scolded for posting this again I played hundreds of hours in mlbts 17 franchise manage mode and I am unable to post on the "official" website. When I asked the moderator of that forum - who is an employee of San Diego Studios - he said the reason I can't post is because his data indicates I haven't play the game enough.

They underestimate the number of hours in franchise.

There are posters over there who don't even post on their normal profile. Sounds like a rogue moderator to me.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »