Home

MLB The Show 18 First Impressions

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 18 First Impressions within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-01-2018, 03:59 PM   #633
MVP

gman2774's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: MLB The Show 18 First Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Anyone else feel like difficulty increased after patch 1.05?

I was playing on default Legend due to the pitch speeds, but after the patch and playing a few games, it seems the game is harder. Playing currently on default HoF (where I've played for years) and it feels like it default Legend did out of the box.

I do. Hitting feels different to me. Unfortunately it feels more like last year then it did out of the box. Not a good direction imo. You seeing the same?

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports
Old 04-01-2018, 04:02 PM   #634
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by gman2774
I do. Hitting feels different to me. Unfortunately it feels more like last year then it did out of the box. Not a good direction imo. You seeing the same?
Something feels different for me, only because I'm hitting many less home runs and overall being less successful. I just chalked it up to the new pitch speeds.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 04-01-2018, 04:06 PM   #635
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

I dropped the pitch speed sliders down two notches after 1.05 dropped and it is looking really good if you're finding your timing to be jacked from where it had been previously.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2018, 04:12 PM   #636
Pro

Stolm's Arena

OVR: 0

Ball movement looks and feels so drastically different when hopping between online versus vs offline or conquest or cpu.
Old 04-01-2018, 04:15 PM   #637
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by gman2774

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports
No hitting still feels fine to me.

I really can't put my finger on it, but when I played the game out of the box pre-patch default Legend felt like default HoF from '16 which I played all of last year. After the patch, Legend became difficult and moving back to default HoF it plays like it did in '16.

I'm very content with default HoF again. I just lost the BoSox 3-1 and the game felt and played great.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 04-01-2018, 04:32 PM   #638
Rookie

OVR: 0

Love baseball and love the show ,but in comparison to the depth of other sports title mode wise and customization..this rendition of the show is stuck in a rut since roughly 2015.

Graphics are outstanding menus,color scheme player models etc..A+++...animations are plenty ,but to actually witness the glory on a consistent basis... still best served when set to "auto". Definitely recommend a solid slider set such as "Mike Lowe Sliders" to correlate with attributes. Out the box game play not nearly as authentic as NBA2k.

This year 2018 is only for the noobs or those who are content...such as myself...However, for 60 bucks plus I need my Online franchise, Season mode smooth servers and an upgrade in the depth and customization department to purchase...

Who I am kidding I'm loyal to the show and will still purchase next year...I'm just hoping my loyalty is not misplaced and SDS exceeds all of our expectations.
Old 04-01-2018, 04:55 PM   #639
Rookie

Arod2k9's Arena

OVR: 7
MLB The Show 18 First Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronxbombers21325
Loving the game so far. By far the best of the series to date. But I wish some of the celebrations would be toned down. I get tired of seeing a player hitting a single during the top of the first and acting like they hit a walk off in the World Series.

I’m seeing those celebrations in real life, in the bottom of first Céspedes hit a single with no one on and did hand gesture to Mets bench. So the Show has it right, my suggestion just enjoy it! Gameplay is awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 04-01-2018, 05:21 PM   #640
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Did anyone else's user profile reset?

All my settings reset to default. I had to pick Experienced, favorite team, and set up all my options again. Not a big deal as my franchise save is fine, just caught me off guard and worried me slightly that I lost my save file.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »