Home

MLB The Show 18 Franchise Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 18 Franchise Discussion Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-27-2018, 11:46 AM   #73
Rookie

MoneyMan17's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 18 Franchise Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_NYY
I can't wait for OSFM to drop so I can finally start my Yankees Franchise. The wait is getting really, really difficult. I'm really enjoying my RTTS and I started a test Franchise with the Rockies which has been cool, but I miss my Bronx Bombers!

As I always do, I start my Franchise off the same way the real season starts off (and then let it play out naturally from there) , so unfortunately I'll be missing Bird for the first two months. I'm just going to give Tyler Austin a shot and have Andujar playing 1B in AAA in case Austin is awful.
Same, getting super antsy. Makes it even harder knowing how exciting and good this team is.

However I like to make mine totally natural from the beginning so I'll start with no injuries to Bird or Ellsbury. Also Tyler Wade won't necessarily make my team. I'll probably hand the 2B job to Neil Walker out of the gate and then call up Gleyber if he rakes in AAA.
Old 03-27-2018, 12:09 PM   #74
So Real!!

ckarlic's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by xNeurosiis
For those who are starting their franchises now, before OSFM, why do so? Why not wait for the OSFM?
I normally wait but this year I have been enjoying my carry over franchise from 17. Also, as countryboy mentioned, I like to let my "alternate universe" play out and just play the game and enjoy it rather than trying to get my game to mimic what is happening in real life. Currently I'm on May 15th 2018 in my Yankees franchise and 5 GMs ahead of the Red Sox in the AL East.

On a side note and somewhat related, there has been a lot of talk about what SDS had removed (Season mode, online franchise) and some annoying bugs but I think we take for granted some of the great things we are able to do in the game such as having "carry over" franchises. I may be mistaken, but I do not think any other sports game on the consoles ever had that.
New Youtube Gaming Channel -- SpicyChicharron
Follow me on Twitter

Last edited by ckarlic; 03-27-2018 at 03:03 PM.
Old 03-27-2018, 12:38 PM   #75
Rookie

Couple questions as a n00b to the Show:

How does player progression work exactly?
At what rating/age do players stop progressing in the minors?
Do they progress at the same rate no matter what level they're in?
Does having a top young prospect on your bench instead of playing every day in the minors stunt his development?

More general questions about the game:

What attributes matter the most for pitchers and hitters?
Would, all other stats being equal, a pitcher with 99 K/9 and 99 BB/9 but 50 stuff (control/velocity/break) get more strikeouts and less walks than a pitcher with 50 x/9 and 99 stuff or vice versa?

Answers to any/all of these(or links to youtube tutorials from old games that are still applicable) would be greatly appreciated
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2018, 12:43 PM   #76
Rookie

I'm also a noob to this forum and don't know how to edit posts smh.

What is a realistic expectation for rating progression through a season for a prospect if he's growing properly? 5 points for an A? 3 for a B? Or do players just break out and jump 10 points?
Old 03-27-2018, 01:22 PM   #77
MVP

Syce's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseJoseph9119
I'm also a noob to this forum and don't know how to edit posts smh.

What is a realistic expectation for rating progression through a season for a prospect if he's growing properly? 5 points for an A? 3 for a B? Or do players just break out and jump 10 points?
its hard to answer that because they may not progress that much if they are terrible in the minors. if they have amazing months/etc then you can see them progress pretty decent. I think a lot of people who play it tend to find that 70 overall is roughly around the time the prospect will be brought up to the majors.
Toronto Maple Leafs
Old 03-27-2018, 01:30 PM   #78
Rookie

Bacong's Arena

a new milestone for me. I've never kept track of this in my head but I know for sure I've never retired 34 consecutive batters like I just did vs the Yankees on a damp, overcast Detroit day.

Old 03-27-2018, 01:59 PM   #79
Just started!

[quote=Bacong;2049288342] like I just did vs the Yankees on a damp, overcast Detroit day.

Love this. With everyone bickering about what they don't like or are seeing as bugs about the game, we haven't had the opportunity to enjoy the new additions, like you are pointing out with the dynamic weather. I am still in spring training figuring out my positions and who will make the final 25 man for the Colorado Rockies. Can't wait to see the overcast or rain in the early stages of the season shortly.
Old 03-27-2018, 02:50 PM   #80
Rookie

adirienzo's Arena

Any ideas on a team to take on? Yanks fan but im tired of using them. Want more of a challenge and to explore other teams. What teams and what approach should I️ take?

Reds were an option for me btw

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »