Home

MLB The Show 18 Franchise Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 18 Franchise Discussion Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-25-2018, 01:45 PM   #793
MVP

decga's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: MLB The Show 18 Franchise Discussion Thread

I got it handed to me by the Cubs in our early one and only visit to Wrigley during the regular season. 3 game sweep! I was hearing Go Cubs Go! after every lost. LOL...

Game 1: We got blanked by SP Smyly 7-0! Rizzo went 2 for 4, 2B,HR & 3 RBI's. Although with my starter McCarthy k-ing 9 batter's in 6.0IP 3ER.

Game 2: SP Folty couldn't keep his pitch count down. He exited after 4 & 2/3 inning's. 4.2IP, 9H, 5R, 4ER, 2BB & 5K. The Cubs SP Hendricks had a strong outing 6.0IP, 7H, 3R, 3ER, BB & 3K. CF Happ killed us going 2 for 4 , 2B, & 3RBI's. We lost 5-3.

Game 3: SP Gohara got reeled back in! He didn't go 7 inning's, nor did he give up just one earned run. But he gave us an opportunity to win. A quality start: 6.0IP, 6H, 3R, 3ER, 2BB & 6K. The veteran SP Quintana looked shaky early. He gave up 2 runs in the 1st & 2nd, 7.0IP, 3H, 3R, 3ER, 2BB & 6K. UI extraordinaire Ben Zobrist batting 9th, went 3 for 4, 3 runs & 1 RBI in the middle of the action. We lost 8-3.

Our bright spot for the series was CF Inciarte went 5 for 12. Everyone else maybe one hit. Ouch!

Next up back @SunTrust vs. the Phillies (9-6) first place We are 6-8
Old 05-25-2018, 07:03 PM   #794
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Our 3 game winning streak came to a halt as we lost to the Mets 4-3 after Trevor Rosenthal and Jordan Walden blew the lead late in the game. We were up 2-0 in the 8th when Walden allowed the Mets to tie the game and then in the bottom of the 8th we went up 3-2. Bring on Rosenthal who proceeds to walk a batter and then allows Travis D'Arnaud to launch a 2 run homerun into the bullpen in right for the 4-3 victory.

This is the 4th blown save by Rosenthal this year and has an ERA of plus 7. I'm getting really frustrated and annoyed with our bullpen this year not being able to hold onto late leads.

With that said, we are in talks with the Blue Jays for Roberto Osuna and the Royals for Kelvin Herrera in an attempt to put someone in the backend who can close out a damn game!

Both rightfully want a heavy return, but I'm thinking Osuna may be worth it as he is young and could be a great piece to what I thought was a deep bullpen. Herrera is plan B but wouldn't be a bad pickup obviously.

Question is do I want to part with the asking price in an attempt to win now. We have 3 weeks until the deadline, I think I may mull this over. Or I may just pull the trigger after the next game.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 05-25-2018, 08:03 PM   #795
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Well I had dinner, thought about it and then came back and pulled the trigger....LOL

Cardinals Get:

RP Roberto Osuna 24 yrs old 89 OVR

Blue Jays Get:

SP Sandy Alcantara 23 yrs old 74 OVR A potential

1B Steve Hernandez 22 yrs old 77 OVR B Potential (he was thought to be our first baseman next year or year after)

OF C.J. McElroy 24 yrs old 70 OVR A Potential

Hope this doesn't backfire...LOL

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2018, 09:33 PM   #796
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Trades are coming fast and heavy here in July.

Besides us going after Roberto Osuna, the Reds countered with their own blockbuster deal.

Reds get:

SP Chris Archer

Rays get:

SS Eugenio Suarez
3B Nick Senzal

Other trade:

Padres get:

SP Ricky Porcello

Red Sox get:

3B Yangervis Solarte

Padres have Manny Machado and have been trying to trade Solarte since May. Red Sox lost Pablo Sandoval for the year earlier in season and have been trying to fill gap at 3rd base with different players. Finally settled on trading for Solarte. They are 7+ back of Orioles for division lead.

July is on fire right now!

Old 05-25-2018, 10:37 PM   #797
Rookie

cubbies1744's Arena

OVR: 0

Had the weirdest thing happen to me in my Cubs franchise. We won 103 games just like in 2016 and meet the Indians in the world series just like in 2016 and just like in 2016 it went 7 games and we won again on November 2nd........it was crazy

Sent from my SM-G965U using Operation Sports mobile app

Never let the pressure exceed the expectations!-Joe Maddon
Old 05-26-2018, 12:41 AM   #798
Rookie

What's your strategy or guide line for guys due for arbitration. How do you know when you offer it or just offer multi year deals.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 05-26-2018, 01:55 AM   #799
MVP

NolanRyansSnowmonkey's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Well I had dinner, thought about it and then came back and pulled the trigger....LOL

Cardinals Get:

RP Roberto Osuna 24 yrs old 89 OVR

Blue Jays Get:

SP Sandy Alcantara 23 yrs old 74 OVR A potential

1B Steve Hernandez 22 yrs old 77 OVR B Potential (he was thought to be our first baseman next year or year after)

OF C.J. McElroy 24 yrs old 70 OVR A Potential

Hope this doesn't backfire...LOL
Funny what a little dinner can do for a franchise..
Old 05-26-2018, 05:10 AM   #800
Pro

Itsma806's Arena

2019 Chicago White sox All Star Break update

Overall Record
54-41

RECORD SINCE END OF APRIL
19-16

Series Results
@Cleveland 0-3
@Minnesota 2-2
VS. Kansas City 1-2
Vs. Minnesota 2-1
Vs. Cleveland 2-1
@Pittsburgh 2-1
@Los Angeles Angel's 1-2
@Detroit 3-0
Vs. Los Angeles Angel's 3-0
Vs. Chicago Cubs 1-2
Vs. Boston 2-2

OVERVIEW

Our record has steadily improved, however, we are still 6.5 games back fmof the Indians. We do lead the wildcard race but it sure would be nice to over take them.

Michael Conforto went down fractured arm a few days after the draft. He and Avisail Garcia are still slated to miss another 3-4 weeks. We did call up last years first round selection in hopeful futurestar Johnny Shinjo (78 OVR A POT 18 YR OLD) His first few weeks in the MLB have not been very good (112 AB .170 AVG 2 HR 5 RBI). He may be sent back down once the other two return barring any further long term injuries to the outfield.

Team Rankings
Spoiler

Standings
Spoiler

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »