Home

MLB The Show 18 Franchise Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 18 Franchise Discussion Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-29-2018, 08:20 AM   #113
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: MLB The Show 18 Franchise Discussion Thread

We moved to 3-2 on the young season with a come from behind win against the Brewers. Down 3-0 early with Jack Flaherty on the mound we scored 4 runs in the 6th, capped off by Patrick Wisdom 2 run bomb, to take the lead 4-3. Our bullpen was shaky but able to preserve the win with Rosenthal getting his 2nd save of the season.

Next up is Game 2 vs the Brewers with Michael Wacha squaring off against Ariel Pena.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 03-29-2018, 08:55 AM   #114
Jedi Master

Rob_NYY's Arena

OVR: 21

I don't know why I keep coming to this topic. I want to start my Yankees Franchise so badly, but I'm waiting for OSFM. I'm so jealous of everyone already playing their Franchise!
Old 03-29-2018, 08:57 AM   #115
Rookie

DirtBallNation's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_NYY
I don't know why I keep coming to this topic. I want to start my Yankees Franchise so badly, but I'm waiting for OSFM. I'm so jealous of everyone already playing their Franchise!

From what I’ve seen, there isn’t a time table on osfm roster due to that download glitch. There’s a few good rosters out there. Honestly I’d download one and keep yourself occupied Incase the osfm rosters don’t come out for a while yet. IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

GREEN BAY PACKERS

MILWAUKEE BUCKS

WISCONSIN BADGERS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2018, 09:10 AM   #116
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_NYY
The beauty of carryover saves.

Old 03-29-2018, 09:11 AM   #117
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtBallNation
From what I’ve seen, there isn’t a time table on osfm roster due to that download glitch. There’s a few good rosters out there. Honestly I’d download one and keep yourself occupied Incase the osfm rosters don’t come out for a while yet. IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
I just started a legend fantasy draft to keep me occupied until osfm drops
Old 03-29-2018, 12:24 PM   #118
Rookie

Bacong's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by @legendm0de
Anyone remember the franchise roster history that told you the year and means each player on the 40 man was acquired by. I think it's been discontinued for a while but it was a nice touch. It used to look like:

Red Sox
Dustin Pedroia acquired by draft

200?

David Price acquired by free agency
Player X acquired by trade

and so on.. it could show you the club history and longest tenured player in franchise. I wish they would have kept it and expanded it to include more club-player connections. I think it did apply to the entire organization, not just the 40 man roster.
Still there. Acquisitions > transactions> roster history

Old 03-29-2018, 03:35 PM   #119
Rookie

I've been doing carry over saves with a Padres franchise since they introduced the concept a few years back. Never hit any snags until this year.

I was mid-way through May 2019 when I switched to The Show 18. Aside from normal hiccups, I noticed my schedule has been altered, in that all games have been moved back a few days. So a typical Friday night/Saturday afternoon/Sunday afternoon series is now played Sunday/Monday/Tuesday. Instead of Monday and Thursday as typical off days like in real life, the typical off days are now Wednesday and Saturday. Doesn't impact play, but it's weird to have off days on Saturdays, weekend night games, and regular weekday day games. Anyone else have this issue?
Old 03-29-2018, 03:56 PM   #120
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetteRedthnDead
I've been doing carry over saves with a Padres franchise since they introduced the concept a few years back. Never hit any snags until this year.

I was mid-way through May 2019 when I switched to The Show 18. Aside from normal hiccups, I noticed my schedule has been altered, in that all games have been moved back a few days. So a typical Friday night/Saturday afternoon/Sunday afternoon series is now played Sunday/Monday/Tuesday. Instead of Monday and Thursday as typical off days like in real life, the typical off days are now Wednesday and Saturday. Doesn't impact play, but it's weird to have off days on Saturdays, weekend night games, and regular weekday day games. Anyone else have this issue?
Yes it happened in my carryover as well.

Its annoying as all get out but I'm hoping that when I get to my next season it will correct itself. I don't see a patch fixing this issue

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »