Home

MLB The Show 18 Franchise Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 18 Franchise Discussion Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 04-02-2018, 03:07 PM   #169
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 18 Franchise Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianM207
Ok, looking for honest opinions crom fellow franchisers. Its the ONLY mode I play. Is 18 worth the purchase? I don't so much care for graphics or presentation(I appreciate them but they are not a driving force for me). I prefer an in depth franchise and from what i understand this year is nothing more than some streamline and polish.

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Operation Sports mobile app
I bought it, but regret it. Its nothing more then a slightly better progression, and retiring system. But nothing worth buying for.
Old 04-02-2018, 03:56 PM   #170
Rookie

CHIBHAWKSRULE's Arena

Finally got to start my 30 Team Control Red Sox Franchise using OSFM Roster, Version 1.3.... Planning on playing the first time through the rotation and then the home opener and then sim 5 play 1 method...

Game 1 was 4-2 win with all 6 runs scored on solo homers.... Betts twice, Devers and Pedroia for the Sox and Miller and Duffy for the Rays...

Chris Sale pitched 7 innings earning his first win with Craig Kimbrel shutting the door in the 9th for his first Save.

Chris Archer threw 7 innings with a no decision for the Rays, Chaz Roe getting the Loss out of the pen.

Game 2 next with David Price on the mound for the Red Sox and Jacob Faria for the Rays.
Old 04-02-2018, 04:05 PM   #171
MVP

bronxbombers21325's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickyb6
Started a Yankee one too, I play every game on HOF and Judge and Stanton cant hit ANYTHING, and my base running doesn't work, have you experienced this?
Haven't played the first game yet, I'm still getting roster edits and what not done. I edit every teams MLB players before I start, so I probably won't play my first game until tonight. I've noticed from the play now games though, that Stanton is usually HR or nothing. Very few singles and doubles with him.
New York Yankees, Pittsburgh Steelers, Kentucky Wildcats, #18 Kyle Busch, #4B Jackie Boggs, #0 Scott Bloomquist
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2018, 05:06 PM   #172
Rookie

For those of you using OSFM, what is the best way to get the CPU teams to call up the injured players that have been placed in A ball? 2 games into a royals franchise and the mets still have Conforto in A ball and the Redsox still have Pedroia in A ball among others.
Old 04-02-2018, 05:08 PM   #173
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by spennywalks
For those of you using OSFM, what is the best way to get the CPU teams to call up the injured players that have been placed in A ball? 2 games into a royals franchise and the mets still have Conforto in A ball and the Redsox still have Pedroia in A ball among others.
my bad saw the answer to this already posted... my bad!
Old 04-02-2018, 06:26 PM   #174
Just started!

Began my Blue Jays franchise last night and had a nice first year draft. Santos is a 73 overall RF I drafted in round 1 who already has solid power against RHP. Chapman is 58 overall with a 4SM, CB, CH, and SL arsenal. I'm hoping he can develop into a good #2 SP if he progresses well. Ornelas is only 70 potential but does have mid 80's speed/stealing. Boswell is an interesting player as he currently has about 60 power with about 15 points of potential growth left. Brown and Hernandez were lottery picks since the talent pool was thin in the final rounds. Overall it was a decent draft with some players who could make the majors in the next few seasons.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ErnieSantos.jpg (81.0 KB, 224 views)
File Type: jpg WillyChapman.jpg (82.8 KB, 227 views)
Old 04-02-2018, 08:20 PM   #175
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Won 2 in a row after beating the Pirates 6-2 in PNC Park. Jack Flaherty was good going 6 innings allowing 2 runs and fanning 7. Jordan Walden set them down in the 7th and Zach Britton pitched the 8th and 9th to close the deal. We are back to .500 at 5-5 on the young season.

Next up is a showdown of Michael Wacha vs Jose Fernandez.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2018, 10:30 PM   #176
Pro

OVR: 3

Was able to start my Rays franchise last night after OSFM dropped. Here is what I am starting off with:

I was able to play a couple of games, which I won over the Red Sox. This included a game with Chris Archer where I went 7.2 innings of no-hit baseball. It was a great start to the season, I can't wait to continue.

Last edited by UTAllTheWay; 04-02-2018 at 10:37 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »