Home

How do you play your franchise?

This is a discussion on How do you play your franchise? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-01-2018, 11:43 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: How do you play your franchise?

Out of 162 i play probably 90 to 95 games. I sim alot in the playoffs if im playing a bad team then i play the world series if i make it

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 04-01-2018, 11:50 AM   #18
Rookie

trackstar121388's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTWiseGuy
Do you sim, quick mange, or play some/all 162 games?

I usually play away games at stadiums that I never played before (usually 1 game in a 3 game series and 2 in a 4 game series). I always play at Boston because loving play at the green monster. If I got a hot pitcher I play the games he starts.

I also check AA and AAA to see who's hot and call up to see If I find some hidden gems (also send down). I also train and make sure to check the auto train as it does changes from week to week (based on my games played on 17).
I have always played 162 with my team or 324 when I was controlling 2 teams. I'm considering simming some games and trying to figure out the best way of doing it...Your way seems pretty interesting. But if I end up doing it I will probably quick manage more that straight sim.
Old 04-01-2018, 11:58 AM   #19
Rookie

trackstar121388's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drty_Windshield
I play all 162 + games.
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I play every single MLB game. Then I quick manage my AAA & AA games.
[quote=dickey1331;2049297320]I play all 162 games. I’ve only finished a season maybe twice in my lifetime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulfield
For my Braves carry-over, play all 162.Then using White Sox, A's, Orioles and Rockies play 1 season for each in franchise mode but sim 2 games for every one game I play.
[quote=sgwrestler11;2049297423]I'll play all 162.. Usually try to play one or two games a day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by My993C2
The plan has always been to play all 162 games. But I never do. However I have always tried to play the 162 games within the same April to October time frame the real world teams play in. So this year it will be different. I will be playing all the games, but playing them all at my pace. That means if it takes 2 real world years to complete the 162 games it will take 2 years. I don't think it will take 24 months, but it will likely take more than 6 or 7. I am guessing it will take about 10-12 months. Just in time to start new in April of 2019?
Quote:
Originally Posted by forme95
I always have 2 franchises going. One I play and one I Manage only (MoM). Both are 100% played, no simming.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamAdderlyn
I play all MLB games
I'm surprised and happy to see so many play full seasons, I was beginning to think I was the only one that didn't sim.
Old 04-01-2018, 06:37 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suvorov
How the hell do you keep your PS4 dry? It takes talent o swim AND play The Show!
Only the controller need get wet

A Work in Progress
Old 04-01-2018, 06:42 PM   #21
Denny 3K

HighCmpPct's Arena

OVR: 28

Last year was the first year I played all 162 finally and I played it from January to February with the Reds lol.

Anyway that was all on QC, this year imma play all 162 but I will use QC on non MLB network games only. Gonna play every pitch on MLB Network games.

Join us in the 3K Gaming Discord for the best Sim Sports Setups!!
3K Gaming Discord

Check out my 6-League NYC Universe Chise in the Discord and my YouTube!
Denny 3K Gaming

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2018, 06:52 PM   #22
Rookie

Elldarre's Arena

I usually play at least one game out of each series. It depends on the opponent. I play as the Orioles, so I might play all the games of a series in the division, but sim or manage against a team like the A's. The minor-league games get simmed as the major-league calendar moves along.
Old 04-01-2018, 06:55 PM   #23
Pro

Hellquist's Arena

I play with the Nationals.

I play all spring training games + the 162-game season. No simulation, quick manage or any of that stuff. It takes me 2 1/2 months to finish one season, so it's not as bad as people think, but I work at home, so I can play more games.

I've only repeated as World Series champs, so this year I want to do 3 or 4 seasons to see if I can get this dynasty going. I'm not planning on buying anymore sports games (50-50 on WWE 2K19).
Old 04-01-2018, 07:06 PM   #24
Pro

MJDrocks's Arena

I'm going to try to play them all this year. I've never done it before so we'll see!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »