Home

Franchise bug, beware!

This is a discussion on Franchise bug, beware! within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-03-2018, 07:11 PM   #57
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Franchise bug, beware!

If the season ending to early isnt the issue then its one hell of a coincidence.

In this video the first sim has the last game of the playoffs on October 25th. Go into the offseason and the bug shows up. Load up from the start of the same playoffs and this time the last game is on the 27th. Go back into the off season and no issues. It seems like anytime the last day to exclusively negotiate with your own players falls in October it screws everything up.

Which makes sense now that the season starts a week earlier than before. No one would have known to look for the bug if it never showed up. And so it may not actually be fixed in new a new franchise the patch. We may have just had the playoffs take longer. Ill test real quick to find out.
Old 04-03-2018, 07:21 PM   #58
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by HozAndMoose
If the season ending to early isnt the issue then its one hell of a coincidence.

In this video the first sim has the last game of the playoffs on October 25th. Go into the offseason and the bug shows up. Load up from the start of the same playoffs and this time the last game is on the 27th. Go back into the off season and no issues. It seems like anytime the last day to exclusively negotiate with your own players falls in October it screws everything up.

Which makes sense now that the season starts a week earlier than before. No one would have known to look for the bug if it never showed up. And so it may not actually be fixed in new a new franchise the patch. We may have just had the playoffs take longer. Ill test real quick to find out.
Nice find man, easy work around unless it's your own team in the playoffs

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Old 04-03-2018, 07:30 PM   #59
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willis135
Nice find man, easy work around unless it's your own team in the playoffs

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Yeah when its your own team and you are going for a sweep or something I would just save before the series deciding game and then see what happens. So say you are going for a 4 game sweep. Save after the 3rd game. If you win the 4th quit before going back to the main menu so it doesnt save. Then reload and force yourself to lose a couple games before forcing yourself to eventually win so the world series starts later.

From what I can tell it should only been an issue when a season starts on March 25th or 26th. So 2020, 2021, 2026, 2027, 2032, 2037, 2038 and so on.

And I can confirm that its still and issue on new franchises after the patch.

Last edited by HozAndMoose; 04-03-2018 at 07:58 PM.
Old 04-03-2018, 08:06 PM   #60
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Yeah when its your own team and you are going for a sweep or something I would just save before the series deciding game and then see what happens. So say you are going for a 4 game sweep. Save after the 3rd game. If you win the 4th quit before going back to the main menu so it doesnt save. Then reload and force yourself to lose a couple games before forcing yourself to eventually win so the world series starts later.

From what I can tell it should only been an issue when a season starts on March 25th or 26th. So 2020, 2021, 2026, 2027, 2032, 2037, 2038 and so on.

And I can confirm that its still and issue on new franchises after the patch.
Or, turn off Autosave. If you win the 4th game, don't save it. Re-load it and sim a couple losses, then sim a win in game 7. Since the game doesn't save playoff stats, once you advance to the off season there won't be any record that the series wasn't a sweep.
Old 04-03-2018, 08:27 PM   #61
MVP

sink4ever's Arena

OVR: 9

Great find Hoz, thanks for all your research on this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2018, 08:55 PM   #62
Bacon is Better

Bullit's Arena

OVR: 17

So one question and one statement

Question: Should I start over or roll with it.

Statement: Man I am so tired of this nonsense. Not just The Show, but gaming in general nowadays. I just want to pay my $60 and play a game that I don't have to use work arounds or shelve for a week or two until a patch comes out. I understand bugs happen, not everything will get caught no matter how good QA is. But enough is enough and it is getting old.

I have gone from buying just about everything to probably picking up 4 or 5 games a year and usually never on opening day. The Show is my usually exception but I am beginning to second guess that now to.

My heart and soul hurt for your lost presence in my life.
Old 04-03-2018, 09:16 PM   #63
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullit
So one question and one statement

Question: Should I start over or roll with it.

Statement: Man I am so tired of this nonsense. Not just The Show, but gaming in general nowadays. I just want to pay my $60 and play a game that I don't have to use work arounds or shelve for a week or two until a patch comes out. I understand bugs happen, not everything will get caught no matter how good QA is. But enough is enough and it is getting old.

I have gone from buying just about everything to probably picking up 4 or 5 games a year and usually never on opening day. The Show is my usually exception but I am beginning to second guess that now to.
The patch didnt change anything so roll with what you got. Just do your best to make sure the world series goes longer than October 25th.
Old 04-03-2018, 09:22 PM   #64
Bacon is Better

Bullit's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
The patch didnt change anything so roll with what you got. Just do your best to make sure the world series goes longer than October 25th.
Thanks Hoz, appreciate it.

My heart and soul hurt for your lost presence in my life.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »