Home

Franchise bug, beware!

This is a discussion on Franchise bug, beware! within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-03-2018, 10:15 AM   #33
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: Franchise bug, beware!

Anyone run a sim/test after patch 1.06 to see if by chance it is fixed? I doubt it, but worth a test.

I won't be home until late tonight, but I'll try to run a sim/test to see what happens.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 04-03-2018, 10:36 AM   #34
Rookie

michdb8's Arena

OVR: 0

if is not fix on the new patch.
we should report to SDS
do you guys know the twitter of the guys who work on the franchise mode? so we can report to them
Old 04-03-2018, 11:12 AM   #35
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HozAndMoose
Just did it again with a 30 team control. No issues through the first 3 off seasons. But the 4th one does have the issues.
Okay maybe it was the fourth offseason. I don't know it felt quicker to me. Thanks for confirming my initial findings though
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2018, 11:17 AM   #36
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HozAndMoose
Just did it again with a 30 team control. No issues through the first 3 off seasons. But the 4th one does have the issues.
Did you also find that you weren't able to sign free agents until phase IV as I did? Or did you not encounter this problem on your testing? Just curious to see if this problem was exclusive to me so I can retrace my steps and trouble shoot why it happened to help the community
Old 04-03-2018, 11:45 AM   #37
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by beantownbruins
To be fair there was a glitch with the OSFM rosters earlier. It was to the point where Ridin and those guys were worried they might not even be able to release them this year, or have to start all over from scratch. SDS listened and heard them and patched a fix in pretty quickly. So hopefully they will see this thread and patch in another fix just as quickly. Fingers crossed.

But why is the offseason beholden to where the rosters came from? Why does the franchise engine "care" so that it would bug on well-formed custom rosters?

The only reason this might be...maybe...a silver lining for me is because I'm using carryovers and haven't started a fresh franchise in MLB18 (was going to start a fantasy one but not now until this is confirmed fixed or actually confined to custom rosters only).
Old 04-03-2018, 02:06 PM   #38
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therebelyell626
Did you also find that you weren't able to sign free agents until phase IV as I did? Or did you not encounter this problem on your testing? Just curious to see if this problem was exclusive to me so I can retrace my steps and trouble shoot why it happened to help the community
It was the same as you. Couldnt set the 40 man, Offer Arbitration or do any free agency until phase 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Hoz,

Thank you for simming and checking things out and providing a workaround.

Question, in one sim you did single team control and didn't see the issue. The other sim you did 30 team control but saw the issue in season 4 only. Did you sim as many seasons in single team control as you did 30 team control? If so, then is it your experience that the issue is tied to one season with 30 team control?

Thanks again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Anyone run a sim/test after patch 1.06 to see if by chance it is fixed? I doubt it, but worth a test.

I won't be home until late tonight, but I'll try to run a sim/test to see what happens.

So when I first tested with a single team I quit when I didnt see it in the 3rd off season. After I saw it was only happening to me in the 4th off season I went back and had it show up in single team as well.

BUT

After the patch today im now in the 5th off season and have had no issues so far with single team. Gonna sim a few more and if no issues show up im gonna switch to 30 team again.
Old 04-03-2018, 03:10 PM   #39
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by michdb8
if is not fix on the new patch.
we should report to SDS
do you guys know the twitter of the guys who work on the franchise mode? so we can report to them
Did you start a new franchise when you tested after the patch? So far ive done 3 tests. A single and 30 team with the same roster. And another single team with a different roster. Simmed 6 seasons on each one and no bugs at all. Each one was started from scratch.
Old 04-03-2018, 03:13 PM   #40
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacong
is this really necessary?

give the devs a break for once. jeez.
nope. They don't deserve a break for this year. If you take out Season mode do nothing more than cosmetic changes to Franchise and you STILL put out a broken mode, then no breaks for you.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »