Home

Strike zone

This is a discussion on Strike zone within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-30-2018, 07:08 PM   #25
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: Strike zone

I've been curious about the league average strike zone too. Is it a consistent zone? Is there any variation? They added the option and gave no description.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2018, 08:11 PM   #26
Pro

Bunselpower32's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by p00p1
I've been curious about the league average strike zone too. Is it a consistent zone? Is there any variation? They added the option and gave no description.
If I'm not mistaken, it's just an average of all the umpires, i.e., the same chance to have strikes and balls on each side of the strikezone (in, out, high, and low).

Quote:
Originally Posted by toodles2you90
I feel like there should be a pitch framing slider for catchers or some kind of reputation system that makes the elite catchers ability to get strike calls different from the lesser catchers. Everyone knows guys like Yadi get more calls than other catchers do and they need to somehow implement that into the game in my opinion.
I also think pitchers should get it too. Jon Lester can throw balls 6 inches outside and get calls. It's absolutely ridiculous, but it happens. Tom Glavine made a career out of getting bad calls.

That combined with a Call Game rating would be marvelous.

- Rick Wise
Old 05-14-2018, 06:55 PM   #27
MVP

OVR: 15

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...ashington.html

10 years of MLB The Show and Cross Eyed Clyde is just as bad now as he was in 2009. I thought you were suppose to improve with experience. I posted the original thread above for humor purposes.

His strike zone left me scratching my head a couple times in my Phillies franchise opening series. He also made a terrible call at 1st in that series.

I know there have been plenty of threads about the umpires over the years but I always remember this one for when I started to notice Clyde Washington stinking up the joint. So I wanted to acknowledge this as an ode to 10 iterations of Clyde Washington frustrating us all.

Countryboy, has anyone else surpassed Cross Eyed Clyde for you?

2013 and 2015 OS NFL Pick'em Champ...somehow I won 2 in 3 years.

Last edited by phenom1990; 05-14-2018 at 07:18 PM.
Old 05-14-2018, 08:49 PM   #28
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

No Clyde Washington is still the king of incompetence. I cringe when I see he is behind the plate and know that its going to be a journey on the mound and at the plate.

It's amazing that for 10 years now, Clyde has been the Angel Hernandez of the MLB The Show.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 05-14-2018, 08:58 PM   #29
MVP

NYJin2011tm's Arena

OVR: 0

Woody Keller has been irking me lately!
Old 05-15-2018, 01:17 AM   #30
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
No Clyde Washington is still the king of incompetence. I cringe when I see he is behind the plate and know that its going to be a journey on the mound and at the plate.

It's amazing that for 10 years now, Clyde has been the Angel Hernandez of the MLB The Show.
Dave Lawrence is right up there. Can't throw anything borderline away from right-handed hitters (or in to lefties) because dumb Dave just doesn't give you calls on that side of the plate.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »