Home

Carry over franchises and team funds

This is a discussion on Carry over franchises and team funds within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 07-07-2018, 10:17 AM   #9
3X MLBTS Champion

mlblover15's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Carry over franchises and team funds

why wouldn't everyone want to turn their teams into the Yankees and have an ENDLESS cashflow to be able to sign who every to whatever contracts you want to. that is how I see this... if you want to sign your entire roster to deals that take them through their arb and a free agent year and then sign some major fa's why not...

I have always admired how the Yankees have done business. that is how every team in every sport should run it.. have the funds to just sign whoever you want to whatever contract you want...

like after my 16 seasons and having close to a billion dollars in available funds I signed most of my contracts to long deals that were worth a ton each... I signed my manager to a 10-year max deal and most of the players I signed were the same... this is how I feel every team should be run... every owner should want to want to do t his.

if there is an owner in sports that CAN'T do this... well they don't deserve to be an owner. the idea behind owning a team is to win as many championships as you can for as long as you can and to do whatever it takes to get it done...

this is why during the 1994 strike I completely sided with the players... owners were crying poor house... I called BS... still do... if you cant afford to own a team then get the F out and let someone that actually cares in and let them win championships... that is what sports are about... .winning as much and as long as possible...

oh and last but not least.. you guys talk about all this realism... teams funds do not reset to $5 million dollars at the start of every season...

Last edited by mlblover15; 07-07-2018 at 10:29 AM.
Old 07-07-2018, 11:42 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Carry over franchises and team funds

You are misinterpreting “bank” as cash flow. The Yankees and Dodgers spend more on players because the owners have more money than the owners of the A’s or Royals. Last year they introduced the cash flow to make spending more realistic. How it works is your payroll costs $6M a week and your team makes $6.4M a week. Not much room to spend each week. But by midsession you have enough saved to take a small loss each week and trade for a piece to chase a title. But Sports are still a business and the owner wants a monetary return on investment. Otherwise a sports team is a nonprofit. The bank resetting is the owner capping your budget each year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »