Home

Carry over franchises and team funds

This is a discussion on Carry over franchises and team funds within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-04-2018, 12:49 PM   #1
3X MLBTS Champion

mlblover15's Arena

OVR: 19
Carry over franchises and team funds

ok, I'm not sure about any of you that carry over your franchises from year to year but for me, this is a HUGE issue that I feel can and should be addressed. Over the course of the year in 16, I had amassed a whopping $990 Million in avail funds for my team.

I get all my off-season stuff done and still have a huge amount of that money ready to go into 17 once it dropped. That didn't happen. When I loaded my franchise into 17 from 16 I had been stripped down to a fraction, a very small fraction of what I had amassed over the previous year in 16.

as for carryover franchise owners if you will we have the right to have our teams banks or available funds or whatever you want to call them, carried over with our franchises as well.

This to me is a major issue that has to be addressed with the dev team and allowed to do. Because right now at the start of July in my franchise I have over $300 Million in my bank ready for the offseason.

Sure I may not use all of that to sign my roster and or any free agents I may want to sign that might be out there. However, it is my franchise and if I want to turn any team into the Yankees in means of being a financial juggernaut I should be able to do that for as long as I choose to have that franchise running for.

By the end of the season, I could have close to if not over $400 Million in my bank. I should not be penalized when I carry over my franchise and lose all that work.

note in 16 most of that amassed funds was cash based. I bought several $20 fund packs over the course of the season.

this season has been all in-game stuff. stubs, stubs, and more stubs. every card, piece of equipment, collectible all go to the market when I can. every 1.000 stubs I amass go right into my team's funds.

is there anyone on here that also feels we are being cheated in this aspect of the game every year?

Last edited by mlblover15; 07-04-2018 at 12:52 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2018, 05:17 PM   #2
Rookie

Ace2734's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Carry over franchises and team funds

Year to year saves is a huge plus, but still incredibly flawed in all aspects.

I usually start ever every 2 years. It just doesn’t hold up as well as it could.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-04-2018, 05:27 PM   #3
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

My funds have transferred fine as far as I can tell, but I’ve never bought additional funds or gained additional funds by using sponsorships

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 07-05-2018, 02:36 AM   #4
Rookie

Doesn’t the money in your bank drop back down to 5mil after the post season, regardless of how much you have built up? Even if you stay on the same title, you still can’t spend that money in the off-season.

Old 07-06-2018, 08:52 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidBream
Doesn’t the money in your bank drop back down to 5mil after the post season, regardless of how much you have built up? Even if you stay on the same title, you still can’t spend that money in the off-season.

The bank drops to $5M when the next spring training begins. But throughout the offseason, the cashflow reflects what you have built up, allowing you to spend big earnings on free agents, trades, etc. In my Braves franchise, my income per week has stayed at $4.7M/week for both seasons so far. I had more than $30M in the bank when FA hit, spent a chunk of it, then in year 2, the bank went down to $5M and my team income stayed at $4.7. My team payroll did not change very much, as I had some expiring contracts I let go.

I like the reset because otherwise you could be cheap for three years, save up $120M then sign 3-4 max guys and buy a title. Teams that go cheap IRL stay cheap (see the Marlins), and teams that go cheap to tank have a hard time luring FAs anyway (see Pirates). If you want to, treat it like the NBA salary cap: Use the cap to sign players, then later trade those players and their salaries in a deal to bring in the player you really want or clear cap space to sign someone you want.

Last edited by JoCo217; 07-06-2018 at 08:54 AM. Reason: fixed quote lines
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2018, 03:25 PM   #6
3X MLBTS Champion

mlblover15's Arena

OVR: 19

no, I call BS on that... I think that is crap! if I CHOOSE to carry over my franchise from year to year my funds should NEVER reset... ever!!! if I want to have a bank of Trillions of dollars and be able to run my franchise how I see hit is how is it should be.

I kinda understand WHY they are doing this but I still call bs... because no matter what if you choose to want to spend actual cash to buy franchise funds no matter how much or little you have in the team bank is up to each person. but it should never reset... for a carryover franchise that is...
Old 07-07-2018, 05:39 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlblover15
no, I call BS on that... I think that is crap! if I CHOOSE to carry over my franchise from year to year my funds should NEVER reset... ever!!! if I want to have a bank of Trillions of dollars and be able to run my franchise how I see hit is how is it should be.

I kinda understand WHY they are doing this but I still call bs... because no matter what if you choose to want to spend actual cash to buy franchise funds no matter how much or little you have in the team bank is up to each person. but it should never reset... for a carryover franchise that is...
The reason I think it is done this way is because of the cash flow. Your budget is broken down into weekly installments. If you turn a profit of $90M in a season, then don't spend it, why on earth would you just let that kind of money just sit there. A team owner would go blow that or upgrade something in the stadium or facilities. A franchise/business isn't going to sit on potentially billions of dollars. The game tries to be realistic, and letting a team stockpile cash for a decade then spend all of it in free agency one year down the line would be like finding a talking unicorn that has a magic wand. Maybe they can introduce owner personalities like in NBA 2K where you can see the financial aspect a little more, but just letting tons of money sit in a bank, I mean, c'mon.
Old 07-07-2018, 05:45 AM   #8
Rookie

I guess here's a better way to explain the current system. I'm the Braves, my max budget is about $150M. I'm in the offseason after year 2. My team payroll is about $60M with contracts pending. My cash flow is a little more than $2M. When the math is done, that means my max payroll is $150M and my bank reset to $5M because I'm assuming the team owner takes the cash he makes as a profit because it's America and that's how owners roll. I get $150M to spend on players ($155M if I'm OK using my bank). If I want to spend $175M on payroll but my owner isn't down for that, then I have to use stubs to fund the added expenses. But when the season is over, the owner is taking his profit off the top and there's nothing I can do about it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »