Home

MLB The Show 19 Wishlisht

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 19 Wishlisht within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2018, 08:27 PM   #73
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: MLB The Show 19 Wishlisht

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla_Gorilla
In the game, you can't do that. Timing is related to position, but there isn't much emphasis on that in the game.
Completely disagree.

I play Directional, so timing is about the only tool I have. Influence helps, but is still influencing based off the timing I apply.

If I swing late - the ball is going opposite field.

In fact, I probably beat the shift way more than IRL hitters. Simply because I swing late and influence opposite field.

If anything, it's too easy, both for user and CPU, because hitter tendencies are what don't really matter.
Old 07-22-2018, 08:28 PM   #74
Rookie

Vanilla_Gorilla's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by NolanRyansSnowmonkey
I believe trying to time a pitch to go in the desired direction, or influence a ground ball or fly ball in that direction, IS that strategy. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. That is also how it works in real life.
I know this.

Say I'm down 2-3 in the Bottom of the 9th, with 2 outs. I have runners on 2nd and 3rd. I need a gapper into either left or right center.

I want to be able to press a d-pad button to pull up a little screen that has "Batting Strategy" at the top.

I need to hit a ball into the, let's say, right center-field gap. I have a left handed batter against a lefty, so it shows a replica feedback screen with a green area that if I time it right there, will give me that result. Provided, of course, I square up the ball enough and make enough contact.

Obviously, this is risk-reward. The more you try to pull the ball to a certain area, the harder it is to get that good swing timing. Just like real-life.

The Swing Timing feature now, just really doesn't do much for you.
Old 07-22-2018, 09:27 PM   #75
MVP

NolanRyansSnowmonkey's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla_Gorilla
I know this.

Say I'm down 2-3 in the Bottom of the 9th, with 2 outs. I have runners on 2nd and 3rd. I need a gapper into either left or right center.

I want to be able to press a d-pad button to pull up a little screen that has "Batting Strategy" at the top.

I need to hit a ball into the, let's say, right center-field gap. I have a left handed batter against a lefty, so it shows a replica feedback screen with a green area that if I time it right there, will give me that result. Provided, of course, I square up the ball enough and make enough contact.

Obviously, this is risk-reward. The more you try to pull the ball to a certain area, the harder it is to get that good swing timing. Just like real-life.

The Swing Timing feature now, just really doesn't do much for you.
Seems a little "acradey" to me. And not any more realistic than what the game already provides.

You ARE the hitter. You dont have to tell him what to do. You do it.

Besides, in the situation you give, a gapper would be the last thing on my mind. The goal in this situation is just to hit the ball hard, somewhere. Line drive, or hard grounder. Dont launch for a gap and get under it. You have to score the runner from third at minimum, and base hit likely wins the game. The key here is the classic saying "dont try to do too much"

The only times that im thinking gap is for example, with 2 outs, runner on first. I would love a gapper to score him so i dont have to build up an unlikely 2 out rally.

In that case, i am looking for a specific pitch, out over the plate, and not aiming for a specific gap. I want something i can handle, preferably a fastball, try to time it to go gap to gap (middle of the field) . Trying to hit a specific gap is ill-advised even for big leaguers. Im trying to go more line drive, with a bit of launch angle, up the middle, which gives me a good shot at one of 2 gaps.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2018, 10:20 PM   #76
Rookie

I was a buyer from '06-'16. In order to buy again I'd need some time to be devoted to franchise and roster customization:

- Full coaching staffs with real or editable coaches, including real free agent coaches
- Minor league coaches or coordinators
- Expanded personnel sections
- Better long-term budget and spending logic
- Realistic transaction mechanisms (rehab stints, non-roster invitees, etc..)
- Realistic contracts (On average the game's contracts are about 60% of real life)
- Ability to create a player with past statistics and career stats
- International prospects and signing periods with posting rules and spending caps
- Editable draft classes and spending caps
Old 07-23-2018, 10:43 PM   #77
MVP

Scooter3's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arty23
I was a buyer from '06-'16. In order to buy again I'd need some time to be devoted to franchise and roster customization:

- Full coaching staffs with real or editable coaches, i

- Expanded personnel sections

- Ability to create a player with past statistics and career stats
- Editable draft classes and spending caps
I would enjoy these additions

Mark Twain:
" Man is the only animal that blushes, or needs to."

U.S. Army Veteran
Old 07-24-2018, 07:05 AM   #78
MVP

RogerDodger's Arena

The option each week to take a guy who's in a slump or underperforming into the batting cages and work on getting him back on track. One of my guys was in a slump and I'd like to have been able to pull him aside and practice with him for a limited amount of time. Same with a pitcher. Just once a week, have a real life practice session with one player to boost their confidence, ratings, plate discipline, etc.
Old 07-24-2018, 07:32 AM   #79
Banned

Peter_OS's Arena

OVR: 20

- rotating interleague schedules so you don't play the same exact teams every year in a franchise. this is a must! no more excuses SIE San Diego Studio...
- exterior shots of the ballpark
- replace new cut-scenes before and during/after a game is completed
- more stat overlays
- ability to edit and create our own in game stat overlays and score menus
Old 07-24-2018, 05:38 PM   #80
Rookie

Vanilla_Gorilla's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NolanRyansSnowmonkey
Seems a little "acradey" to me. And not any more realistic than what the game already provides.

You ARE the hitter. You dont have to tell him what to do. You do it.

Besides, in the situation you give, a gapper would be the last thing on my mind. The goal in this situation is just to hit the ball hard, somewhere. Line drive, or hard grounder. Dont launch for a gap and get under it. You have to score the runner from third at minimum, and base hit likely wins the game. The key here is the classic saying "dont try to do too much"

The only times that im thinking gap is for example, with 2 outs, runner on first. I would love a gapper to score him so i dont have to build up an unlikely 2 out rally.

In that case, i am looking for a specific pitch, out over the plate, and not aiming for a specific gap. I want something i can handle, preferably a fastball, try to time it to go gap to gap (middle of the field) . Trying to hit a specific gap is ill-advised even for big leaguers. Im trying to go more line drive, with a bit of launch angle, up the middle, which gives me a good shot at one of 2 gaps.
I'm more of a front office type of guy, so yes, I like my games arcade-ish to a certain extent. I don't exactly have all the time in the world to sit around a play a game. But what I appreciate the most is being able to control a situation and tailor it so I can set-up the perfect kill-shot.

Sort of like a 4th and 10 in the 4th quarter. You need a perfect play that you need to execute perfectly. In this situation, a perfect swing that you need to execute perfectly. It's a risk-reward situation.

I'm not asking them to take out anything, just add something to make the game feel more in the hands of the player.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »