Home

Urgency Issues

This is a discussion on Urgency Issues within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-10-2018, 07:04 PM   #17
MVP

NolanRyansSnowmonkey's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Urgency Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Ok. Just thought I'd bounce that idea out there.

Thank you for the response.

For those that are still seeing the jogging outfielders, are you using AUTO fielding?
As i posted in another thread, i got a base hit on a high fly ball last night because the CPU entered into slow jog mode with Springer against me. So i have seen it both ways. I have not seen it (yet) when i use manual fielding though. The only thing ive seen there is the wall suction animation. I have only seen that twice in about 50 games, and they both happened in the same game, about 3 batters apart.
Old 07-10-2018, 07:09 PM   #18
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla_Gorilla
I use Meter and I always go into the middle of green or enough into the green.
I had too many errors, even getting it perfectly in the green, when using meter. Not sure why. Plus i had guys being safe on close plays that should have been an out 100% of the time. After going to no meter/no feedback (ive played a lot of games like this) all of my players have thrown with enough urgency to get the runner... so far.
Old 07-10-2018, 09:14 PM   #19
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla_Gorilla
I use Meter and I always go into the middle of green or enough into the green.
It was an idea.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 07-11-2018, 08:15 AM   #20
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NolanRyansSnowmonkey
As i posted in another thread, i got a base hit on a high fly ball last night because the CPU entered into slow jog mode with Springer against me. So i have seen it both ways. I have not seen it (yet) when i use manual fielding though. The only thing ive seen there is the wall suction animation. I have only seen that twice in about 50 games, and they both happened in the same game, about 3 batters apart.
Now I am wondering if its an AUTO fielding issue???

Because like you I have not seen it, knocks on wood, using manual fielding.

Old 07-11-2018, 09:04 AM   #21
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Now I am wondering if its an AUTO fielding issue???

Because like you I have not seen it, knocks on wood, using manual fielding.
That's what i am wondering too because i would definitely have noticed it. Of course it took 50 games to ever see the wall suction animation, but that kind needs a specific situation and location etc. Seems like people see the jogging problem much more often. Knock on wood also.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2018, 01:42 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 11

Definitely not isolated to a auto fielding thing. I have manual fielding on when i play, and i notice the soft/lazy throw across the diamond for a batter to beat the throw out.

Also have had outfielders lazily jauny over for a ball to allow Yasmani Grandal to leg a triple out. Happened to me last game actually. Dude has 6 speed rating... 6!! Add in the soft toss to the cut off, its terrible. Add in when the cutoff gets it and soft tosses a rainbow to the catcher for the runner to beat out a throw which, if done correctly, wouldve resulted in the runner being out by 10+ feet. Horrible
Old 07-11-2018, 01:44 PM   #23
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenp86
Definitely not isolated to a auto fielding thing. I have manual fielding on when i play, and i notice the soft/lazy throw across the diamond for a batter to beat the throw out.

Also have had outfielders lazily jauny over for a ball to allow Yasmani Grandal to leg a triple out. Happened to me last game actually. Dude has 6 speed rating... 6!! Add in the soft toss to the cut off, its terrible. Add in when the cutoff gets it and soft tosses a rainbow to the catcher for the runner to beat out a throw which, if done correctly, wouldve resulted in the runner being out by 10+ feet. Horrible
Well there goes that theory.

Old 07-11-2018, 06:28 PM   #24
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenp86

Well i need more wood to knock on. Even if i saw it once now, it wouldn't bother me too much as long as it kept up the same rate of once every 50 games or so. I could live with it a handful of times throughout the year i think. I sure wish this desk wasn't fake wood.

The lazy throws would have nothing to do with manual/auto fielding as far as i know. I assume that would be due to throwing settings/difficulty. This throwing issue is something else i havent had any problem with so far, for whatever reason, either from infielders or outfielders. Maybe ive just found a sweet spot on sliders, or just been extremely fortunate so far. I really need some real wood at work. I'm headed out to find a tree.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »