Home

Gameplay Videos - Share What You're Seeing and Discuss

This is a discussion on Gameplay Videos - Share What You're Seeing and Discuss within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2018, 05:12 PM   #9
Rookie

Vanilla_Gorilla's Arena

OVR: 0
re: Gameplay Videos - Share What You're Seeing and Discuss

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Wide

It's my favorite camera. Been using it for years now.

Allows me the best view in terms of determining pitch location and break on the pitch.
I'm gonna check that out in batting practice next time. I've been using Zoom lately and love it. Little awkward on how it fits my screen but I can see the ball better on the corners. Inside is a little tough though.
Old 07-29-2018, 05:47 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

That was a good watch - thanks for giving Legend difficulty some airtime CB.

It's hard to say much one way or another on hitting because the PCI's turned off, so all I can say is not much really stood out to me. The HR ball on swing analysis is a total meatball (one of several Finnegan threw) - even though it only caught the edge of the PCI, it's the upper edge and it's a slightly pulled swing - ideal for power. And if OSFM got Dejong's power ratings right, I can totally see that AB being a realistic result. There was a little bit of "pull-off" in the swing and it definitely wasn't barreled, but that only resulted in it going 380' instead of 450'.

I really enjoy both watching and playing Legend pitching when it's done right, and I can tell you know the risk factor on Legend with how you aim, especially when ahead in the count. When you work around the corners (or at least try to), the CPU will be more hesitant to swing at everything as well, which is why you were able to get called strikes even at this difficulty. The HBP is one of those "interesting" things you probably did this video for - a case where you only missed the meter accuracy by a small amount (and with minimal effort), but the pitch went from being aimed at the inside corner to drilling the batter. I know people (not you CB ) have issues with this kind of thing, but I feel like this is the sort of thing you just have to shake off, especially on Legend. It's not going to happen every time, and it's still better than trying to overcompensate by aiming back toward the middle, and leaving one over the plate to get smashed. Pitching in this game at its higher levels isn't about trying to pinpoint exactly where you want the ball to go - it's about making sure the ball stays away from where you don't want it to go. If you get confidence up (both individual pitch and overall), you can often take a more aggressive approach as a pitcher and try to dot up pitches right where you want them.

One suggestion for you CB if you're worried about the uploading time - you could try streaming the game to Twitch or Youtube, and then you'll have an archive of that game that doesn't need uploading - you'd only need to link it here.

Thanks again! Hope I helped contribute to the discussion.
Old 07-29-2018, 06:09 PM   #11
MVP

NolanRyansSnowmonkey's Arena

OVR: 0

Just watched the video. Sometimes when you play the game a lot, you forget to sit back and realize how awesome it looks. I wish i could somehow send that video back in time to myself at about 11 years old. This game is my dream from back then.

I like what Bcruise said about the HR and the pitching. As a fellow Legend Zone player i appreciate seeing some video also. It does make it a bit difficult to see everything with PCI off, but i play with PCI and the strike zone off too, so i liked seeing that clean look.

One thing people can take from this is something i am always saying - be patient at the plate. Every strike doesnt mean you should be swinging. Make the pitcher come to you. You can see that in demonstration in this video.

Thanks for posting!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2018, 08:15 PM   #12
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Hope to get the video uploaded tonight for anyone that cares to watch it.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 07-29-2018, 08:20 PM   #13
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

What are we supposed to be discussing, exactly?
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 07-29-2018, 08:21 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I seriously have no idea how to stream. I've got it set up but I don't know what to do. Only option I get is to BROADCAST.

Help! LOL
Broadcasting is streaming. If you're talking about the menu that pops up with the share button, go to Broadcast Gameplay, choose Youtube or Twitch and follow the prompts from there. If you haven't created an account for either service it'll ask you to do so.

Which one are you planning on using? There's one setting you might have to change from the actual website if you want to archive a broadcast, at least if you're using Twitch (no idea how Youtube streaming works).

Edit: Sorry, I know you deleted but I'm leaving this up because of my second paragraph.
Old 07-29-2018, 08:40 PM   #15
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Broadcasting is streaming. If you're talking about the menu that pops up with the share button, go to Broadcast Gameplay, choose Youtube or Twitch and follow the prompts from there. If you haven't created an account for either service it'll ask you to do so.

Which one are you planning on using? There's one setting you might have to change from the actual website if you want to archive a broadcast, at least if you're using Twitch (no idea how Youtube streaming works).

Edit: Sorry, I know you deleted but I'm leaving this up because of my second paragraph.
Thanks bcruise.

I am using Youtube. I did a dummy test of myself going through menus to see if it worked and it apparently did. I am about to start up a game to stream.

Question is it possible to make the game full screen and get the "ON AIR" side bar off?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2018, 08:41 PM   #16
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
What are we supposed to be discussing, exactly?
Gameplay.

There are so many different issues that are popping up and I thought I would share myself playing the game so that people could see how the game plays when I play it. See if they are seeing similarities and/or differences.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »