Home

A question about wrote to the show MLB 18

This is a discussion on A question about wrote to the show MLB 18 within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-07-2018, 11:00 AM   #9
Rookie

LogicalRon's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: A question about RTTS base running settings

I've been playing wrote to the show and everything seems to be going great with one exception. Seems that when I'm running the bases at times it seems like I can control the runner and at other times I can't.

So I made some changes in the mode-specific part of RTTS and also to the general game settings.

In a short story, I screwed things up and I can't get the settings back to even where they were.

What I would like is to be able to control my player when he's on base. I understand how to take a lead and move back in, before I screwed things up I just had to hit the left toggle towards first base on a pickoff and I would go back. Now with the changes in my settings that doesn't work that way.

I will post images of the mode-specific settings in RTTS, as well as the game options settings.

I'm hoping somebody can tell me what is the best settings to give me the most control of the runner. It seems like when I had a double it the baserunner is stopping at first and I can't get him to continue on. I'd like to be able to control him as fully as possible.

Whatever settings anyone suggests could you please tell me how to control the runner with the settings that you are recommending. I will follow whatever you guys tell me are the best settings to give me the most control but I need to know how to control the runner with my controller after I set them.

Thanks in advance

Old 09-07-2018, 12:28 PM   #10
#realtalk

dalger21's Arena

OVR: 7

It depends on how much of the at-bat you want to see while you're on base. Right now, you will only see when the ball is put into play (or the batter strikes out or walks). If you want to see the entire at-bat, change the RttS Baserunning Opportunities to all (or whatever it is to see everything). The interface as a runner for you is set to button, meaning, you'll have to press the button to go to the corresponding base, i.e. triangle for second. I would recommend switching it to your analog stick so you just press forward (or back) to go to the next base you want to go to. Hopefully, that answered your questions.
Old 09-07-2018, 12:30 PM   #11
Rookie

LogicalRon's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalger21
It depends on how much of the at-bat you want to see while you're on base. Right now, you will only see when the ball is put into play (or the batter strikes out or walks). If you want to see the entire at-bat, change the RttS Baserunning Opportunities to all (or whatever it is to see everything). The interface as a runner for you is set to button, meaning, you'll have to press the button to go to the corresponding base, i.e. triangle for second. I would recommend switching it to your analog stick so you just press forward (or back) to go to the next base you want to go to. Hopefully, that answered your questions.
Thanks, I will try those settings. To side do I use the L1 & R1 or L2 or R2 ??

Last edited by LogicalRon; 09-07-2018 at 12:35 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2018, 12:52 PM   #12
#realtalk

dalger21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicalRon
Thanks, I will try those settings. To side do I use the L1 & R1 or L2 or R2 ??
Feet first slide is down on the analog stick, down and to the right is feet first to the right, down and to the left is feet first to left of bag , head first is up on the stick, up and left is head first slide to the left, up and right is head first slide to right of bag or plate, and down right before the bag is a pop-up slide feet first. Hopefully, all of that made sense.

Also, if you don't select any type of slide, the computer will you do one automatically, typically the long head first slide.
Old 09-07-2018, 12:55 PM   #13
Rookie

LogicalRon's Arena

Quote:
Feet first slide is down on the analog stick, down and to the right is feet first to the right, down and to the left is feet first to left of bag , head first is up on the stick, up and left is head first slide to the left, up and right is head first slide to right of bag or plate, and down right before the bag is a pop-up slide feet first. Hopefully, all of that made sense.

Also, if you don't select any type of slide, the computer will you do one automatically, typically the long head first slide.
yes, it does I think so. All baserunning is done with analog sticks only, no buttons or triggers are used. Is that correct?
Old 09-07-2018, 01:04 PM   #14
#realtalk

dalger21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicalRon
yes, it does I think so. All baserunning is done with analog sticks only, no buttons or triggers are used. Is that correct?
Yes, that is correct...provided you changed the your RttS Baserunning from buttons to analog.
Old 09-07-2018, 01:04 PM   #15
Rookie

LogicalRon's Arena

Quote:
Yes, that is correct...provided you changed the your RttS Baserunning from buttons to analog.
Thank you very much !!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2018, 08:42 AM   #16
Rookie

LogicalRon's Arena

Quote:

I think I misread your reply can you please tell me if I understood your reply correctly.

I sent my baserunning to analog.

So to progress to the next base I press my left analog stick up

As I'm approaching the base if I want to slide feet first I stop the upward press and press it downwards?

If I want to slide feet first into a bag and slide To the right side of any bag I move my love toggle stick down into the right?

If I want to slide feetfirst into a bag on the left side I pressed my left eye will stick down and to the left?

If I want to slide headfirst pressed the left toggle stick up?

If I want to slide headfirst to the left toggle stick is pressed up to the left?

If I want to slide headfirst to the right of a bag the left toggle stick is pressed up into the right?

I guess what confuses me is at the beginning you said left toggle stick up is to advance to a base. But to slide feetfirst the stick has to be down to the left or right depending on which side of the bag or plate I want to slide. In the past when I had the stick pressed upwards if I moved it at all downwards it stopped the runner in his tracks. At what point do I go from pressing the left toggle stick up to advance to down to slide when I get close to the bag?

I'm sure it's me but I got all confused reading all the different things. So by separating them out maybe if you just answer the questions I will understand better, I guess I'm wondering if I'm pressing a stick up to run at some point I have to press it down to slide feetfirst and up for headfirst so I guess if I'm already running with it up I just need to tilt the toggle stick either to the right or left if I want to slide headfirst. The only time I would change from up to down is right before I one slide?

I appreciate your patience

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »