Home

MLB 19: Anybody else feel this is the make/break year?

This is a discussion on MLB 19: Anybody else feel this is the make/break year? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-21-2018, 06:37 PM   #65
Game Designer

tabarnes19_SDS's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: MLB 19: Anybody else feel this is the make/break year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
One thing they did last year that I completely forgot about for franchise mode was tune the retirement logic. Much better than it was previously. I'm seeing guys still playing in their later years that are still productive.
They also retire mid contract now. They didn't allow them to last few until now.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-21-2018, 07:12 PM   #66
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabarnes19
They also retire mid contract now. They didn't allow them to last few until now.

Yes.

I saw this with Albert Pujols in my carryover.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 12-21-2018, 07:36 PM   #67
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

As long as there is still franchise carry-over (and it doesn't completely mess everything up, though it does slightly), there is no reason I won't repurchase for the next year.

Still waiting on them to address the dusk skies and provide us a proper broadcast fielding cam, though...
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 12-21-2018, 07:41 PM   #68
Game Designer

tabarnes19_SDS's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Yes.

I saw this with Albert Pujols in my carryover.
I really do not like that. If it was only that easy to remove a huge deal on a player that is older and unproductive.

One of my fears with the carryover saves is that it has limited the ability to really expand stats and the franchise mode. I would lose carryover if it meant a more aggressive approach to franchise development.

Old 12-21-2018, 07:57 PM   #69
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabarnes19
I really do not like that. If it was only that easy to remove a huge deal on a player that is older and unproductive.

One of my fears with the carryover saves is that it has limited the ability to really expand stats and the franchise mode. I would lose carryover if it meant a more aggressive approach to franchise development.

I actually like that they retire mid-contract if they are older and unproductive. Before you would see these guys get demoted to AAA or AA and they would stay there until their contract ended, thus being a financial burden for the team until then.

I don't know that carryover saves has limited the ability to expand franchise mode. Maybe it has, as I'm sure its a task putting in new features that work with existing franchises.

I know I'm going to be in the extreme minority here, but I would rather keep the franchise mode we have now and carryover saves than lose carryover saves. Carryover saves is still, in my humble opinion, the best franchise feature introduced.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 12-21-2018, 08:13 PM   #70
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arty23
I think I was two years ahead of schedule. Haven't bought it in two years. Last year's dummy-down of franchise mode was it for me. All I wanted was editable coaches, realistic contracts, minor league deals, posting system, international free agents, and the like, and instead of just the same stall franchise mode, they slashed the existing features. Hoping there's some effort this year and I might jump back in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
Dummy down? Nothing in terms of what you can do Franchise mode changed nor was removed except they cleaned up the user interface and I just finished my first off season using it and it is much better and far better to navigate.

Dummy down? False news.

Yeah they removed some “owner mode” type of stuff but that was done years ago.

I do want all those things you listed though. We all do!

Sent from Palm Trees and Paradise using Operation Sports
yeah, if anything with the way budgets were changed last year, I'd say ''dummy up''. I mean, it's rocket surgery now compared to 16 (15?). I hope SDS dummy's down the budget aspect in 19.

A Work in Progress
Old 12-21-2018, 08:48 PM   #71
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
I know I'm going to be in the extreme minority here, but I would rather keep the franchise mode we have now and carryover saves than lose carryover saves. Carryover saves is still, in my humble opinion, the best franchise feature introduced.
Yup, if they had to wait until PS5 to update, I wouldn't throw a hissy-fit.

I don't think improving AI logic when it comes to setting lineups, rotations, proposing trades, etc. should be of massive concern when it comes to franchise carryover, but if they wanted to add in something like having the game remember a player's previous year's accolades, I bet that's something they won't be able to tap into because their previous versions of the game never "remembered" that information to begin with.

Currently, this feature is the reason I am buying yearly though.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-21-2018, 09:02 PM   #72
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Well they did introduce expanded stats and WAR etc after carry over was implemented. So I doubt the carryover feature is holding back further expansion of the statistical part of the game.

I just really need to see some more love to franchise mode.

Something like having the radio show during the off season discussing all the free agent signings and big Winter meeting trades would go a long way with immersion.

I would love to see expanded rosters, a more robust financial system. All of things you all have mentioned.

Wait and see for me this cycle.

I simply can’t put 18 down. Plus I have tons of rosters to play with.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »