Home

Turn off Heidi Watney

This is a discussion on Turn off Heidi Watney within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-11-2019, 01:50 PM   #57
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: Turn off Heidi Watney

In a day game she changed her outfit to short sleeves. She also reminded me that my team isn't taking enough pitches. That Heidi...she just sees things!!!
Old 04-11-2019, 03:26 PM   #58
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
In a day game she changed her outfit to short sleeves. She also reminded me that my team isn't taking enough pitches. That Heidi...she just sees things!!!
you start taking batting advice from a girl, next thing you know, you'll be throwing like a girl

A Work in Progress
Old 04-12-2019, 11:29 AM   #59
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

OVR: 0

I actually had Heidi use "flat out" in a different context last night. I was really struggling to get a hit against matt Harvey of all people and she said something to the effect of "the (insert team name) batters are flat out not getting the job done". Can't remember the exact quote but it was something to that effect. She is definitely using the "flat out" phrase quite excessively whether in a positive or negative context.
Old 04-12-2019, 12:11 PM   #60
Rookie

CCDaDon's Arena

OVR: 2

The neckbearding is strong in this thread. As said earlier, Pleasac is much more annoying.
Old 04-12-2019, 12:38 PM   #61
Rookie

Jon Arbuckle's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCDaDon
The neckbearding is strong in this thread. As said earlier, Pleasac is much more annoying.
Plesac (and DeRosa) can be entirely eliminated from the game by muting commentary. Nothing I can do in Broadcast mode to keep the game from grinding to a halt every time they cut to Watney. She cannot be skipped for at least 5-10 seconds.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2019, 01:03 PM   #62
Rookie

CCDaDon's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Arbuckle
Plesac (and DeRosa) can be entirely eliminated from the game by muting commentary. Nothing I can do in Broadcast mode to keep the game from grinding to a halt every time they cut to Watney. She cannot be skipped for at least 5-10 seconds.
If you want to consistently skip things and turn off commentary, why do you insist on playing in broadcast mode? That's just masochism.

My only gripe with broadcast mode IS that it takes too long to skip things, but that's a personally minor complaint and has nothing to do with Heidi's scenes. I think her addition is a neat direction for the broadcast presentation that they can hopefully expand on with more lines in the future.

Reasonable reminder that, since this is a yearly franchise new additions are always a little hollow for the first year of implementation. See RTTS last year vs this year.
Old 04-12-2019, 01:17 PM   #63
Rookie

Jon Arbuckle's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCDaDon
If you want to consistently skip things and turn off commentary, why do you insist on playing in broadcast mode? That's just masochism.

My only gripe with broadcast mode IS that it takes too long to skip things, but that's a personally minor complaint and has nothing to do with Heidi's scenes. I think her addition is a neat direction for the broadcast presentation that they can hopefully expand on with more lines in the future.

Reasonable reminder that, since this is a yearly franchise new additions are always a little hollow for the first year of implementation. See RTTS last year vs this year.
I don't want to turn off commentary. I want to turn off DeRosa and Plesac and leave Vasgersian in a solo booth but am forced to turn off commentary altogether since they eliminated the option to adjust individual commentator volume a few years back.

And I want the option to see everything play out in the game, which is why I play in Broadcast Mode. I tend to let things play out when I need to calm down and skip when I want to stay focused. The game allows me to do that with everything except Watney right now and they compound that problem by making me watch her lips move with no sound coming out since I can't specifically unmute her even if I want to. It's poorly implemented and attacking other members over their concerns is uncalled for.
Old 04-12-2019, 03:08 PM   #64
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Arbuckle
Nothing I can do in Broadcast mode to keep the game from grinding to a halt every time they cut to Watney. She cannot be skipped for at least 5-10 seconds.
Hold down, not just press, the X button on your controller and she’ll be gone.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »