Home

CPU Auto-Managing Roster When Starting a New Franchise

This is a discussion on CPU Auto-Managing Roster When Starting a New Franchise within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-29-2019, 02:57 PM   #9
Pro

skeenz's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: CPU Auto-Managing Roster When Starting a New Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktd1976
It's no glitch.

What is happening is this.

When you are in Spring Training, EVERY player on the 40 man roster is moved to the MLB roster. So, if you leave them on the MLB roster and advance to the regular season without trimming down to the 25 man roster, then the computer trims your roster to 25 FOR YOU.

What you have to do, is before advancing to the regular season, SEND DOWN the players you don't want on the MLB roster. If you get your roster down to 25 BEFORE advancing to the regular Season, the CPU won't make any moves for you.
Thank you! I needed it explained like this to me. That makes perfect sense.

NFL: Tennessee Titans
NBA: Toronto Raptors
MLB: Cincinatti Reds
NCAA: Who Else?
Old 05-31-2019, 12:21 AM   #10
Rookie

Mephiskapheles's Arena

OVR: 0

I set my roster for the team I’m playing with to 25 man from the main menu. Then send players up after spring training.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 05-31-2019, 01:23 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 5

This issue bugs the hell out of me, especially since I always skip Spring Training. I wish there was an option to stop this. They patched this for MTO, I've been holding out hope they would fix it for regular franchise.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2019, 05:40 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by p00p1
This issue bugs the hell out of me, especially since I always skip Spring Training. I wish there was an option to stop this. They patched this for MTO, I've been holding out hope they would fix it for regular franchise.
It's not a bug, though.

MTO doesn't include Spring Training. It doesn't even include minor league players. Franchise does.

When you start your franchise, the entire 40 man roster is considered on the MB roster.

If you skip spring training, players still have to be sent to the minors. If you don't do it yourself, the CPU does it for you.
Old 06-03-2019, 06:57 PM   #13
Pro

"When you start your franchise, the entire 40 man roster is considered on the MB roster."

That IS the bug though. The players should not all be set to MLB level. The levels (MLB/AAA...) are already set when you create a roster or use the default rosters. Especially if you are select to skip spring training, there is no purpose to change their assigned level. And at minimum, there should be one of those Auto/Manual franchise settings options for 25 man roster control that prevents CPU from reassigning player levels.
Old 06-04-2019, 01:52 PM   #14
MVP

Quote:
"When you start your franchise, the entire 40 man roster is considered on the MB roster."

That IS the bug though. The players should not all be set to MLB level. The levels (MLB/AAA...) are already set when you create a roster or use the default rosters. Especially if you are select to skip spring training, there is no purpose to change their assigned level. And at minimum, there should be one of those Auto/Manual franchise settings options for 25 man roster control that prevents CPU from reassigning player levels.
That ISN'T a bug, though. That is how it is in real life. As per the CBA, every player on the 40 man roster is considered on the Active MLB roster when Spring Training starts. This is precisely why theams MUST use an option when assigning a player to the minors during Spring Training.

There is no "way around this" because this is actually 100% realistic to real life.

I get what you are saying. But, SCEA actually has this part of Franchise mode exactly correct.
Old 06-04-2019, 08:10 PM   #15
Pro

As it is now, there is no easy way to just start a franchise with current rosters without having to go manually manipulate every team. If I go home today and want to start a franchise with current rosters as is, if I don't go move everyone off the 40 man roster who is in the minors, I get some crazy roster moves. That's poor design.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2019, 12:20 AM   #16
MVP

Quote:
As it is now, there is no easy way to just start a franchise with current rosters without having to go manually manipulate every team. If I go home today and want to start a franchise with current rosters as is, if I don't go move everyone off the 40 man roster who is in the minors, I get some crazy roster moves. That's poor design.
It's not poor design. It's mimicking real life roster management....

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »