Home

The outcome of games in RTTS19 are completely rigged against your team

This is a discussion on The outcome of games in RTTS19 are completely rigged against your team within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-04-2019, 12:00 AM   #17
Rookie

phantomblackgoat's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The outcome of games in RTTS19 are completely rigged against your team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillow
Yeah dont say the word scripted. You'll get roasted by everyone.
Oh I'm quite aware there are a number of SDS apologists on this forum. I made a post last year about how broken the hitting was and every single one was in the comments damning me for voicing a criticism about the game, yet as soon as 19 dropped almost all of them were on here posting about how "improved" the hitting was. Irony at its finest.
Old 06-04-2019, 12:07 AM   #18
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

Your post was quite subjective, perhaps even way too exaggerated for anyone to take seriously. I don’t recall “apologists” “damning” anyone. Quite dramatic.
Old 06-04-2019, 12:17 AM   #19
Rookie

Noiziv's Arena

I love reading these kinds of posts. Hearing the stories these people have just emphasize how little they really know baseball, and reading them all is just a great time for the rest of us!
Old 06-04-2019, 04:58 AM   #20
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomblackgoat
Oh I'm quite aware there are a number of SDS apologists on this forum. I made a post last year about how broken the hitting was and every single one was in the comments damning me for voicing a criticism about the game, yet as soon as 19 dropped almost all of them were on here posting about how "improved" the hitting was. Irony at its finest.

Ummm...you do realize that something can be “working” and viewed as good or great and still be improved upon right?

Just because “apologists” posted that hitting was improved in ‘19 doesn’t mean your exaggerated claim that hitting was “broken” in ‘18 was actually true.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 06-04-2019, 11:31 AM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 1

Scripted? No, I wouldnt say that. But if anyone says the sim engine doesnt need tweaking are lying to themselves. I'm just past the All Star break, and have played every game. Hitting .325, with .4xx OBP, and only a handful of times(most definitely less than 10 and Giancarlo Stanton hits after me) have I scored by someone driving me in. And I cant count how many times Ive had a very sizeable lead in the 7th, 8th or, 9th to see it wiped out in one inning(one egregious example is me being up 11-0 going into the bottom of the ninth and losing 12-11)...it's not uncommon at all to see 5 run leads go away in one inning late in the game. Yeah we all know these things happen in real life from time to time, but it just happens with too much regularity in RTTS. So again, I dont think it's scripted, the sim engine just needs to be revamping.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2019, 11:43 AM   #22
Banned

TheGr8Drake28's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomblackgoat
I love how you're still trying to explain to all of us that this game is scripted...What would be the point of that anyway? I think you're just looking to bitch about the game year after year. Since you complained about the hitting last year, stop buying the game.
Old 06-05-2019, 03:54 PM   #23
Pro

OVR: 1

It sounds to me like a complete lack of understanding of how game is played. My teammates drive me in all the time. I don't sim probably as much as most ..but I personally don't see any issue. Are you opening up and using perks that are available? Heck...this is part of experience that I am enjoying most. I've been driven in with HR's, sacrifice flies, doubles that I've scored from first, you name it. Develop your teammate relationships and use the perks and watch difference in success. I'm coming off a world series win in 2021 with the Braves and at 36-15 right now in 2022 season.
Old 06-05-2019, 08:00 PM   #24
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by taterskin
It sounds to me like a complete lack of understanding of how game is played. My teammates drive me in all the time. I don't sim probably as much as most ..but I personally don't see any issue. Are you opening up and using perks that are available? Heck...this is part of experience that I am enjoying most. I've been driven in with HR's, sacrifice flies, doubles that I've scored from first, you name it. Develop your teammate relationships and use the perks and watch difference in success. I'm coming off a world series win in 2021 with the Braves and at 36-15 right now in 2022 season.

How exactly do you activate the perks btw?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »